You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Building

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Building

 

As mentioned in my previous story, my parents tend to switch houses every now and then. When we moved into this particular apartment, I was about 2 years old. The building was built on a graveyard, which is something I recently came to know.

My entire family seemed to experience a lot of unexplainable stuff that happened. My father's office room was where it all started. My mother told me, that as they were sitting in there, the glass surrounding my father\'s library would begin to shatter slowly, almost as if someone was dragging something through it, then the break would get bigger and bigger, until it broke entirely. This wasn't the only thing happening... Glass would get broken all over the house, all on its own.

Other than the physical things that took place, other things were happening as well.

The house seemed like a great beginning to my family, everything was good (business wise) then everything turned upside down and we weren't the only family getting the bad luck.

The family living upstairs received bad news that their father had cancer. Another family received the same news, both living in that building, both died, and not to mention the divorce of another household. The neighbours living in the apartment right in front of ours, went broke, and later moved out. After we eventually moved out, I think I was about 4 or 5 years old. The people, who came and lived in our apartment, witnessed the same issue... Bad Luck, and later moved out as well.

First the glass in my father\'s office, then death of two neighbours and the bad luck, I can't say they could have a link but certainly something's wrong. The apartment is currently abandoned, but some apartments in that building are currently being lived in.

I can't help but ask myself what these people must be going through. -M

Other hauntings by mark1997may

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mark1997may, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Waterhammer (12 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-15)
Thank you for your story! Greetings, I probe these stories (sadly years after they've been authored) for problems or simple explainations, so, debunking time: Although glass and reflective surfaces are indeed known to coelesce energy akin to what you described, this one instance may be explained by a settling building shifting upon the hallow grounds of the graveyard or whatever else may be buried in the grounds of your amazingly ancient and frankly awesome nation. As buildings shift, the framework around the glass will shift too, this will put pressure on the glass as the frame bends and warps, the glass will remain firm. This warping and bending of the window frame that occurs as the building shifts about atop the hallowed grounds (whether it be a grave yard or maybe even a grave yard on top of an even older Assyrian/Babylonian ruin) will eventually cause the firm glass to fissure, and as the warping continues of the frame, the fissure on the glass will grow and grow until finally breaking just as you described. I've seen this before on an old barn shifting on top of an older tunnel network.
The negative experiences could be attributed to bad luck, its a statistical probability that bad stuff can happen anywhere at any frequency. Is it abandoned now because of recent events (i.e. Civil war?) Either way, it definitely could be haunted. Considering Syria's history goes beyond recorded time there may have been many graveyards build upon graveyards dating back to the Assyrians/Sumerians/Babylonians of ancient times.
All in all, I'd say there is not enough evidence to say for certain your building was paranormal, but admit I would be unwilling to spend a night in the complex.
mark1997may (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-12)
Yeah, I know! Its pretty weird all of that happened in one place + have it be built on an old cemetery an old time ago.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-11)
I would put a lot of the blame on negative energy from the people dying and their family and the families being displaced and broken. It likely could through the entire vibe of the building off.

That is a lot of tragedy for one place. It is a good thing your family decided to leave.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: