You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Frozen Scared

Real Ghost Stories

Frozen Scared

 

I used to live in a small town in Big Bear Lake California. It's in the woods and a lot of things happen there that people do not see or know about. I'm 29 years old now but I have to share this experience I had numerous times while I lived there.

My friend's house was creepy as is but what happened to me scared the heck out of me. It was late in the evening around 12am and we were coming back to his place to party a little more. He headed up the stairs which was dark and had a sharp corner you turned to go up. As I was walking up the stairs I felt someone behind me and it felt like my heart was going to explode and a sense of "being the most scared I have ever been in my life" came over me. I stopped and within a second my mind told me to run as fast as I could but I was frozen. I felt like something was looking at me in my eyes and breathing on me. My friend started to look for me and turned on the light. I then became unfrozen and booked it up the stairs.

I didn't want to sound crazy so I told him I couldn't see in the dark and I froze not wanting to trip. It was a flat out LIE! He became a boyfriend after time and the same experience happened to me about 3 more times. The last time it happened I wasn't frozen and was able to run, as I was running I felt like it was chasing me up the stairs and on the last stair I tripped and fell forward. I lost my breath and my boyfriend laughed at me as he seen me fall. I can remember the feelings I had to this very minute. It's a feeling that I can't explain, I try to and it won't come out. I don't know the words.

Also, I have had dreams for a long time that actually come true. This happens a lot and it's got to the point where I remember the dream so well that if I choose to do something else the bad thing will not happen. I need to better understand my dreams as well.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, isitme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pebbles_Keeper (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-11)
Hi isitme.
A sad story really.
This is just my opinion. I feel very sorry for what life must have been like in that house for your friend.
I'm thinking your empathy and sensitivity picked up on the terror your boyfriend felt going up those stairs, with an abusive father breathing down his neck.
It gives me the shivers just thinking about it.
Maybe his awful father's spirit is still lurking at the bottom of the stairs.
His mother was obviously not happy in life.
I hope your friend is okay now. Also yourself.
Your dreams I don't know. I have very lucid dreams, but not like yours.
Best wishes xx
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
That's a horrible situation to be in. Looks like that presence could have been your boyfriend's mean dad. Take care, God bless.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
isitme,

That sounds very creepy indeed. I agree with BadJuuJuu about checking out this site's sister site.

As for dreams, they could be just part of what is happening in your life twisted around. It's just my humble opinion, but my dreams are very clear and always remembered to every detail. If I think about them later on, I see the symbolism and it all makes sense. Not that they are generally any fun, but you should check out the site and maybe they can help interpret for you.

Thanks for sharing with us. Hope nothing is so scary for you again:)
Raftingirl
isitme (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
I think you could be right. His dad used to beat him up all the time. It still feels like something was there though. This has only ever happened there all the other places if I feel like its no good I just don't go in. I live in Georgia now and I feel things here and there but never so intense.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Yeech. That changes my perspective on this quite alot.
Emotions have a way of clinging to an environment. Abuse, depression, things like that can definitely make a place feel oppressive. If your boyfriend was made to go upstairs after abuse, you could have been feeling his emotional imprint from those days. It would make sense (to me at least) that he would be wanting to get away as fast as possible, even if it was to go sit in the dark. If you were feeling the emotions, but without the context of the event that caused the emotions, you could have easily felt followed or chased. The breathing sensation could have been a part of what your boyfriend felt as he was climbing the stairs. Whether he was actually being followed at times, or just the oppressive nature of the situation, I wouldn't even try to guess.
With the additional information, I think you were picking up on the emotional turmoil that took place in the house.
isitme (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Hi Elnoraemily,

The house has a very dry and empty feeling to it for the most part, Christmas time his Mom would get so depressed it would make her sick. She used to just stay in her room all the time and sleep. She would never say Hi to us or anything. That made the house really depressing! What bothers me is the fear and the feeling of something was looking straight at me and hearing the breathing while I was frozen in the stairs. I remember it right now like it was yesterday. Its been years since I have been in that house and I can still smell the hallway as well.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
I have the same reaction to heights and complete darkness. For me, it's a reaction of my body's fear to the heights or darkness- the lack of control feeling in those areas.

Since it was not a house you were living in, it could have been your body warning you that you are not safe because of the unfamiliar and dark surroundings. It would have released adrenaline in that circumstance.

It's just a theory based on how my body reacts to those circumstances.

Also, it could be a higher level of electric fields in that hallway. Is there a cabinet under the stairs that possibly houses wiring and fuse boxes?

What made his house creepy other this experience?
isitme (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
I am sorry, what I meant was we wanted to hang out a lil more. There was a bit of drinking the first night but after that it continued 3-4 more times and there was 0% of alcohol in my system. The light switch at the bottom of the stairs didn't work only the switch upstairs. There was two times that this happened and it was the light of day.
I did tell my boyfriend after the 3rd time it happened and he said he hates the stairs to. His dad passed away about 3 years before I met him and he was a very mean man. My boyfriend was very quiet about him other than he used to make him go upstairs and would make him sit in the dark after the abuse took place.

I want to know what it was that made me feel like this? I used to go into the woods alone and chop fire wood. I am not one to be scared at all about spooky stuff. 😕
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
This site isn't likely to be much help at all with the dreams, we don't really tackle that sort of thing here. We do have a sister site that does though. The link is at the top of the page, labeled "Psychics & Mediums."
As to the events on the stairs, I have a couple of questions. Why did no one bother to just turn on a light? It would have made getting up the stairs much safer, and a lot less unnerving. I notice that the two of you intended to party "a little more." Had the previous partying involved drugs, alcohol, anything that might have altered perceptions or made you paranoid? Not judging, mind you, just trying to get the full picture. If any drugs or alcohol were involved the experience may be the result of the stuff in your system, rather than paranormal. Subsequent events may have been nothing more than the memory triggering a response.
Did you ever tell your boyfriend about what you had experienced? Maybe he had had similar experiences and could confirm what you believe happened to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: