You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Granddaughter Is Scared

Real Ghost Stories

Granddaughter Is Scared

 

I am actually looking for a little guidance.

My daughter has told me that she has heard things in her lower level, such as things dropping or things being moved. I have heard things when I am there, and we never feel that it is necessarily something to be afraid of, but kind of just brush it off as nothing. She has also said that she has seen partial shadows in her bedroom, but when she looks away, and looks back they are gone. She also mentioned that she spoke with her neighbors about the previous owners, and they had told her that they use to hang out with the female that lived there, but then all of a sudden they just stopped talking to anyone, and when they would arrive home, would just pull into the garage and close the door and not acknowledge anyone of the neighbors.

Last night my granddaughter continued to wake up terrified that there was something in her room. She had told her mommy that a monster was scaring her. Finally my daughter put her in their bed as she refused to go back to her room alone. This morning she started to walk down to the lower level to get her shoes, and stopped on the top stair. She turned and told her mommy, "There is something scary down there, and I can't go alone". I am puzzled as she is not a child with night terrors, can anyone perhaps give a thought as to what may be going on? I also asked my daughter if she ever plays in her room alone or downstairs, and she told me she will not go alone. Can I perform a cleansing on their house, and if so, how do I do this?

Thank You!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gma69, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-21)
Gma69

Does your daughters house a) have old wiring or
B) Is it near those towers that have the high wires that put out a lot of E.M.F.?

I still think that Rooks cleansing method is the best place to start but that will not get rid of good spirits. Your daughter can still tell them to leave as it is her house but she may want the good spirits to stick around.

Regards
Red
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-16)
Greetings, Gma69.

You've received good, sound advice thus far. I'd just like to add a note of caution.

You stated that, "My daughter has told me that she has heard things in her lower level, such as things dropping or things being moved" but when you've both heard it, you "kind of just brush it off as nothing." This is perfectly fine & rational behavior. Some of us (not me, but several respected posters on YGS) have extra residents in our homes who mean no harm at all. However, as I read your next description of events, "she has seen partial shadows in her bedroom," I noticed that your writing became more guarded & cautious. Based upon the subsequent action being conversation with the neighbors, I'm going to hazard a guess: The shadows scared her, didn't they?

Whatever is making the noises is not necessarily the same phenomenon as the shadows.

If your daughter was surprised by the shadows, that's a normal reaction to the unexpected; if she felt real fear at the movement, location, size, or shape of the shadow/shadows, then her instincts are telling her that there is a real problem which you, as a family, need to address.

Please let us know how you're getting on.

Best,
Biblio.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-14)
Gma69,

Both previous comments really cover the basics and I think the best place to start would be with your daughter, something along the lines of...

I have a question... The last time I was over (granddaughter) mentioned this...

Or even better ask from your Point of view... Ask directly, Hey last time I was here I 'heard' have you ever noticed that? Or... Do you know what may be causing that?

Please consider the age of your granddaughter... While children CAN be more sensitive to the paranormal they can also have big imaginations when/if they feel they want/need more attention from Mom/Dad whomever. Another place to begin... Is there a reason she may be looking for extra attention... Is Dad recently 'out of the picture'? Mom working a new job that keeps her away from home longer? If dad is 'out of the picture' is there a 'new' companion?

History of the House/Property: If the reason is not based on 'current events/need for attention' then start with the history of the home... Have Family members start Journals of strange events and the compare notes once a week... As you do so attempt to 'debunk' the strange events (were the shadows caused by car headlights... Were the footsteps really a pipe knocking in the wall, type things.

INCLUDE your granddaughter in all of this so that she understands NO ONE is going to let anything happen to her. So she can see if it's natural causes, or maybe something 'paranormal'. Again, do this WITH your Daughters Family, its their household after all.

Respectfully,

Rook

P.S. If you click on the link provided the 'cleansing' method will need to be scrolled down to... Just a bit. 😉
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-13)
Gma69-

How old is your granddaughter? I started seeing and hearing things at a very young age and I believe a lot of it can be explained but there are also things that can not be. If your daughter doesn't talk about ghost or watch scary things on tv, and your granddaughter insist that there is a monster in her bedroom, than maybe there is. I would take this matter seriously. Maybe your daughter should sleep in her room with her for awhile and see if she notices anything. On the other hand, some or more sensitive than others, especially children. I would look up a house cleansing prayer and say the prayer in your daughter's home.

I wonder why the past tenants became so guarded or why they moved out... You may be able to get some information from the library on the history of that area, or better yet, history on that home.

Good luck and I hope you are able to get to the bottom of it and get it cleared up.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-01-12)
First off: http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

And you're welcome here. I learned here that everyone's welcome, but the folks here will ask you questions to learn more and offer suggestions based on experience.

You should ask your granddaughter questions, and your daughter too. Please don't overrule your daughter so as not to antagonize her and break up the family, but some questions to find out what scary thing is down there. She may not be able to describe it, but a box of crayons and a piece of paper should help when she draws it.

It could be anything, however, from something spiritual, or it could only be something physical: mold spores can produce odd reactions, ionized air makes hair stick up, etc., and there are substances that produce hallucinations. At this point, can't see any evidence to rule anything out.

Also, please don't tell your granddaughter that it is 'just imagination'. It is real to her and that makes it, in my opinion, real enough.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: