You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Felt the Hand of a Ghost Girl

Real Ghost Stories

I Felt the Hand of a Ghost Girl

 

On a typical winters night back in 1976/7, when I was just 6 years old, I would stay up playing either in my bedroom or my older brothers' bedroom most times when we should have been in bed. We lived in a dorm bungalow, our bedrooms were in the roof. Our doorways facing each other with stairs and landing separating us.

That night, my dad had popped out and my mum was in the bath down stairs. Leaving me and my brother to play Lego on his bed for a while before we got into bed. I remember my brother telling me he was off to the loo (downstairs), which left me to play by myself for a very short while. Within a minute or so of being left on my own, I walked away from the bed across the room to the window. As I walked past my brother's bedroom door, something caught my eye across the landing.

There stood a girl in my bedroom doorway, about my age. She had a blond bob style hair cut, and wore a tartan skirt with a white vest attached to it. She looked very pale and dark around her eyes. She looked sad, which made me feel sad for her... I didn't know who she was or where she came from but wanted to make her happy. So I approached her. Feeling a little awkward I passed her and walked into my bedroom. I sat on the floor and folded my legs, she copied me. She never muttered a word.

"What do I do", I thought, I started to sing a song I'd learned at school hoping she would join in. She didn't, she just sat and stared at me. I started to feel scared. I reached out to hold her hand, she felt icy. I startled her, she quickly stood up and moved to the doorway and I quickly followed her. She started to walk down the stairs, within a couple of steps she just seemed to zoom down them. The further she went the faster she went. Her body echoed as she went. Then disappearing through the living room wall at the bottom of the stairs... I stood in shock staring at the wall for a few moments. But do not remember anything after that.

I was terrified, call me naive but at that age I didn't know what a ghost was. For more than three decades I've told people about what happened that night... I wish I could find out who she is and why she came to me. The bungalow itself was built about 20 years before hand and the loft was built when I was 3 years old... a mystery!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wendy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
This was a great story. Very detailed. I think the little girl got scared and ran off. She was proboly memorized at you because you could see her, and you were showing her attention. But as for the information of what had happened there I would go to a library and look it up. That is how my mom found out who was haunting her condo in Oceanside; another story I will post later... Good luck with the search, and God bless 😊
wendy (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Hi, thanks for all your comments and help and kind words... Yes it was very scary! But to be honest I was more scared after wards (actually looking back at what had happened) than at the time it was happening...
I told my family; but from what I can remember I don't think they knew what to believe... They never saw/felt anything there.
I remember my dad stripping off the previous owners wall paper in the hallway, I must have only been about 3-4yrs... The wall underneath was painted black... Erm, strange!
Apparently it was a young couple with a baby that lived there prior to us, that's all I know.
My family and myself moved out of the village when I was 13yrs old and within that time I never thought of asking my neighbors if they new of a death relating to the bungalow... It wasn't until I got older and other things happened thro my life that I got more inquizative...
I have tried looking on the net for info. But you need to pay to get that kind of information. I also think it's more difficult without names... I'll have another try tho.
I did have another experience at the bungalow when I was 3yrs old... I was stupidly trying to drag my dolls cot down the stairs, it got stuck at the top. I slipped on the newly varnished stairs and I fell back wards... I never touched a step!...I remember stroking my hand on the wall paper all the way to the bottom. Then staring up at my cot. Half on half off the stairs.
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
I agree with Shane. VERY FREAKY STORY! But very good. I can't imagine having seen something like that at that age. But then again were so innocent at that age so it doesn't really dawn on a child what is really happening. But you should definately do some research on the home/land and see what you can find out, then of course let the rest of us know! Thanks for the story! Good luck.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
That must have been very frightening at that age. Did you share this story with other members of your family? Had they experienced anything like that at home?

God Bless!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Dear wendy,

You may wish to research the history of the house and find out if such a girl lived in the residence.

There are a few thoughts of who this girl might be, like a past resident who passed away in the home and is earthbound or in this case maybe house bound. It could be a ghost girl just passing by or in this case passing through. The gal could be a real life girl in her dream travel who is just traveling by or through. The most unwanted explanation would be the one where the girl is really from an other worldly negative, dark side or state where she is really a negative being or entity posing as a girl.
You decide. --Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Freaky story. Reaching out and touching a spirit and then having her disappear afterwards must have been a very scary thing for a young girl of six. Maybe do a little research on the land the home was built upon. That might turn up a little something about the girl. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: