You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Slapped By An Unseen Hand

Real Ghost Stories

Slapped By An Unseen Hand

 

Firstly I'd like to wish everyone on Your Ghost Stories a very happy new year, I hope its going to be a year filled with boundless opportunities and happiness for everyone. I haven't been around for a while as it's been very hectic lately, but this incident I am about to relate is the most recent. I'm not able to understand who or what it is so I'm hoping that fellow readers can shed some light on this incident for me.

About 2 weeks ago I was in bed at night just after texting some of my friends, I put my phone aside and closed my eyes to "try" and fall off to sleep, (I am an insomniac and have trouble all the time falling off to sleep) so I'm laying in bed on my stomach fully awake and aware of everything around me, just that my eyes are closed, when out of nowhere I get a hard slap on the back of my leg on my calf muscle.

I opened my eyes and looked around my room with a shock thinking that perhaps it was my mother who had done that in maybe a joking sort of way, and the stinging sensation of the slap remained on my leg for about two minutes, I know for a fact that I was not dreaming and I do remember even hearing the slapping sound as well. I was fully awake when it happened as I take a while before I actually fall asleep.

The next day I told my mother what had happened to me the previous night and she told me that the same thing had happened to her just days before and that I must not put any attention into it. My mother believes that if you keep thinking about stuff like that, you are inviting it into your personal space and your life.

But the next night after the slap incident I had this terrible dream that something came through my room window and tried to make me go with it and when I refused it got angry and started grabbing onto me (my bed is below my room window) this evil entity felt like a female though, I'm not sure why I felt like it did, I remember praying and asking for protection and that thing or whatever it was telling me that my prayers won't help at which point I got really angry and started punching at it, but it was such an intense dream that I woke up with a shock and my fists clenched, I'm not sure however if both these incidents are linked somehow.

Other hauntings by Rajine

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rajine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-09-07)
That is so very strange! I was stabbed with something very sharp and my calf bled a lot. I never got to the bottom of it. You were saying that in your dream you were told that prayer won't work, but I think it did work since you woke up from your terrible "dream." I think the best we can do is pray for each other... Prayers sent your way. ❤ Thank you for sharing your story.

P.S. When I try to upvote one of your comments I get a message that says "please vote." 🙄 Don't know what's going on with that. I don't think I fully understand how to use this website anyway?!
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-07)
Hi Sleeping-with-Steve

My room is abit small so I can't really move my bed around, I've tried it but it never worked out
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+3
3 years ago (2021-02-23)
Hello Rajine,

Have you tried moving your bed away from the window? I know others have recommended this, perhaps it may help.

I'm sorry you have had to experience such a scary ordeal. I hope you and your mum are ok.

Best wishes,
SWS 😘 ❤
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-28)
Hi Dido

You are right about dreams being a subconscious sort of warning, however after the slap incident nothing else has happened until date, and yes I am still in Durban 😊

[at] aussiedaz I'm not sure if it's apart of something bigger or if it's trying to reach out to me because it seemed to be a once off sort of thing, but I guess if it's urgent then it will try to communicate again.
dido (5 stories) (20 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
Hi Rajine,

Your mum is right if you pay no attention then whatever it is, is not relevant.

Maybe your dreams are a way of subconsciously letting you know that whatever this is - it is not friendly and to ignore it.

Has there been any other type of contact other then the slap on the legs?

You posted years ago on a comment on my story that your were from durban. I'm in Pietermaritzburg:)
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-05)
Hi, [at] tweed it happened to my mum when she was also in bed at night, but so far nothing as such has happened, as far as this being apart of something bigger I'm not sure, guess I'll find out soon, but I'm least bothered, in the beginning I was more curious than scared now I don't even think about it.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-03)
Hi Rajine,

Sorry you had this horrible experience. What was your mother doing at the time she received the slap? Don't know if it matters, but maybe it will.

Any kind of screen time directly before bed and sleeping on your stomach will perpetuate insomnia. I know that's not the point, but insomnia is the pits and some minor lifestyle changes really can make the biggest improvements.

I've read things on here about people being hit or slapped. Like Silverthane says, it's an isolated event. Perhaps it's not the slap itself but the fear it generates that these bully ghosts get off on. On the up side if making physical contact takes up energy for a ghost, imagine how exhausted the culprit must've been afterwards. What a wuss.

I agree with Lealeigh, it sounds likely to escalate. Create a calm home environment, have a tidy up, listen to music. Maintain that positive energy in your room and home, and it should leave.

Happy new year to you too!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-01-31)
Rajine

I've had a few of these over the years and your mother is absolutely right. If you pay them too much attention you'll probably end up pulling Freddy krueger out of a nightmare and that little creation will be more related to your own doing via sleep paralysis.

In saying that the question remains are they associated to some sort of intelligent haunting? And yes, I do surmise most of them are and no, not all of them are a haunting in my humble opinion... Some of them may be clear interactions of making you aware that they, are trying to reach out to you?... The most intense one I have ever experienced was a plea of help from a woman who was murdered not far from where I live.

Anyway, when we close our eyes at night we put ourselves into a state of non-rem phase where our consciousness slips a little out of the physical realm however not enough that we lose any of our sense's of touch,smell,feel and surrounding awareness... Our ghosite visitors often understand what phase we are in and use the fleeting moment of transition to interact in which ever way they can. It can be malicious, it may even be a prankster ghost, however as I stated, sometimes the account is the only way they can let you know they are reaching out for a reason.

Regards Daz
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-01-31)
Hello to everyone, [at] silverthane my thoughts exactly, that it's most probably a being that never walked on this earth and I plan on keeping track of everything from now on.

[at] lealeigh I believe that dreams you remember or that causes you to wake up abruptly is some sort of sign or warning, and yes my usual dreams are weird but not menacing or scary, and the insomnia is driving me crazy, it seems about right that with age it gets worse. 🙄 I've tried meditation but I cannot seem to sit still for long 😁
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-01-30)
I am a little biased when it comes to haunts that become physical. I believe that your own personal space is inviolate and sovereign - especially from uninvited beings from beyond the veil. And that any violation of this space without being invited is an overtly evil act. Just me. I also have been slapped in the back by a unseen force hard enough to leave a mark. It never happened again even though the four-plex that we were living in was supposedly haunted. All I can say is to keep track of your incidents from here on out. Hopefully, yours is also a one-time incident.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-01-29)
Hello Rajine,

Wow, I am assuming that the subject matter of you usual dreams are not like this. I wonder if being attacked in your bed was the cause of this dream. I'm not sure if I think the dream was caused directly by the entity that attacked you.

I know the feeling of lying in bed and waiting for ages to feel tired. I hear this kind of thing only gets worse with age.

I think your mother is right about one part of what she said; the part where speaking of the attacks and making any kind of fuss might encourage more attacks. It is definitely something that does things for a reaction. You can hardly help THINKING about what happened in the days following the attack unless you are very good at something like meditation.

I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful. This thing seems like it will probably escalate since it's already going after you both. It needs to hit the road.

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: