You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: My First Creepy Paranormal Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My First Creepy Paranormal Experience

 

Whether we accept it or not, we all have experienced something creepy, weird, or paranormal, if we accept it or not. You see a dog, you blink, it's not there. You hear things banging when you're home alone. Doors move, voices talk to you, a ghost possessed you, old ladies or teenagers that aren't there, we all have seen it sometime or another. It all has to start somewhere, and mine is probably the freakiest I have been through or 2nd to something I have a suspicion to, but that's for a later day.

Anyway, my first experience with the paranormal was when I was 7, luckily or unluckily I have a sharp memory and remember this well. In my old house, my parents wanted me to understand God well since we're Christians, so they got me a tiny angel doll that lights up at night. I never liked that thing since day one. It was creepy, too bright to fall asleep, and I think anyone reading this can agree that any doll is creepy, especially life-like ones. It's kind of life-like, a humanoid face, but it has an obviously fake chest and arms.

So after I learned how technology worked, with electricity from plugs, I quickly unplugged the doll and fell asleep. I dreamed of something chasing me and quickly woke up in sweat with my heart racing. I looked around the room and noticed light flooding in a weird fashion. After looking around curiously, it dawned on me where it was coming from, but then a thought occurred, "I had unplugged it right?" But apparently the doll didn't want to be unplugged, and it was glowing brighter than ever. I did the thing any sane person would do, hide under the covers. But then another thought came over me that I didn't understand until I learned about ghosts. The doll normally changes colors, peaceful ones like green, blue, yellow, stuff like that. But this time it wasn't changing colors, it was pure red, which still freaks me out today.

After that horrid night, I got the guts to ask my parents to get rid of the the doll, and they admitted that it creeped them out as well. So I put the doll in my closet and put the heaviest object in my room over the door, an old bean bag chair. That night, the doll didn't want to be locked away as well. I saw shadows walking by and whispers that I couldn't make sense of. After that experience, I had nightmares for weeks, and every now and then I saw them again.

I prayed and hoped that they would go away, and it got answered, kind of. We moved out and gave the house to some obnoxious neighbor. At the last minute I thought I took out the doll and left it there. But three years ago I was rummaging in my new house and found the doll. The logical explanation is my parents found it and put it back, but I have a hunch that wasn't the case.

While I think it's paranormal, please don't say hurtful comments saying it's not true, it's my imagination, etc. If you want me to tell more of my ghostly experiences, let me know in the comments.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Delaware

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hauntedman0614, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-01)
i hope you already tossed it to somewhere so nobody can pick it up. It is better to have your religious items blessed by a priest, monk or whoever powerful enough to do it. I have stayed with paranormal experts for a while and went with them for help and (mainly) observe few cases. One of the things I learned is to bless any religious items you use because some spirits like to attach themselves to it.
I have seen many items dumped like that. Specially in Buddhist temples and in deep in the jungles around very big and old trees. The locales wouldn't dare to get close or touch any items dumped like that.
hauntedman0614 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-06)
Pheonix- I never thought that the spirit could have been angry for unplugging the angel, but I guess it makes sense.
Lady- I did ask them if they packed the doll, and they said no and thought I had put it back. Plus they did agree that they saw a light but thought that I was watching a movie on my player. 😲
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
I liked this story hauntedman and if it were me I would have tossed that thing the first creepy night! If you still have it, then...why? And yes, I'd like to hear more of your ghostly experiences.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Um...it seems like you are not one hundred per cent sure of leaving the angel in the old house:"... At the last minute I thought I took out the doll and left it there..."
You should ask your parents if one of them packed the doll back.
Wouldn't it be possible that one of your parents plugged on the doll again without you realizing it?
I have seen that kind of light color-changing ornaments and it is not unusual for them to include the color red. 😐

Either your age and imagination played a trick on you or someone in China is mass-producing haunted dolls that look like angels. 😕
Kaytiebear (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
While I think that Blue-flamed-phoenix has a valid point I also think that since you said that the doll had a very life-like face and I agree with you that dolls are very creepy could it be possiable that the doll was made with something from someone who has died and their spirit is lingering with the doll? Maybe it didn't like you unplugging it seeing it as a disrespectful move? The same with it moving with you even if you didn't pack it?
blue-flamed-phoenix (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-02)
Wow that was creepy. I thought that angels were suppose to protect not scare. But then again, it could have been a spirit that was passing by and felt that negative energy you were putting out towards the angel, and decided to mess with you. But that's just my opinion. I do hope you get rid of it, or just try reasoning or talking to the spirit, to see what it want.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: