You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Fields, Farms, Sheep And Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Fields, Farms, Sheep And Ghosts

 

So earlier in the summer this year, me and my best friend went to stay with her grandma and grandad in Wales where they live with her family. I'd been before and knew how old the house was. The house is an ancient farmhouse with many barns and it's located literally in the middle of nowhere.

It was our first night, me and my friend were sharing a room but in the middle of the night she got uncomfortable and went next door and I was alone. Her grandma and grandad own a grandfather clock and every time it hit the hour time, it would ding for the amount of times the time was.

I awoke all of a sudden in the middle of the night and I just felt as if I couldn't move. It was pitch black due to no street lights outside so I couldn't find my phone. Suddenly I heard 3 huge bangs in the matter of half an hour, I was so scared and I didn't know what to do as the grandfather clock kept going off. I knew it was nobody in the household because in the morning I spoke to everyone and they were shook up by it as other things had been going on in the house, paranormal related.

Luckily the next night I swapped rooms with my friends brother so I was with my friend again and I slept fine, but the next night after that I can remember hearing someone shuffling around our room.

Things have gone missing and turn up mysteriously in places we had left the objects. And the farmhouse is very stretched, so when we were all sat in the living room we heard loud voices coming from the kitchen and it was very interesting to hear but chilling as well.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, danisp_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-09)
dansip_,
In the title of your story you mention sheep. Am I correct in assuming that the grandparents kept sheep? If so, that could explain some of the noises you heard. Sheep can be rather noisy, and in the quiet of the night the sound can carry. I'm referring more to their movement (rubbing, grazing,shuffling) than to any bahing they may do. (Side note to those unfamiliar with sheep. That lamb might look all cute and fluffy, but hugging one is like embracing a two-by-four. Very solid critters.) Anyway, the 'shuffling' in your room, could have been produced by them in their pen.
I'm with Miracles and Griff on the Grandfather clock. One can be working perfectly fine, and then being bong when ever it darn well feels like it.
Did anyone go investigate the voices?
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
Hi danisp, welcome to YGS.

I have to echo Miracles about the grandfather clock, my grandmother has one in her home, and its exactly the same, its about as useful at chiming the time as a shoe. It does keep good time on the clock face though.

With the shuffling sounds etc. Could this have been down to the fact you were in a high state of alertness already, added to the fact you were quite unfamiliar to the cottage and all its noises. If its as old as you say, then there will be a chorus of sounds as it settles.

With regards to the bangs over a space of half an hour, were they from inside or outside. If it was early morning, a local farmer could have been working the fields with a crow scarer (sp?) or something similar (they can be ridiculously loud) or someone could have been out hunting rabbits. I now it may sound far fetched, but it could be a possibility.

I shall look forward to your reply.

Thanks for sharing 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
danisp_ - about the grandfather clock. My parents have one and from the time it was brought, brand new, into their home, it has never chimed/bonged right. It is supposed to do its thing on the half hour as well as the hour. And like the one in your story, it is supposed to bong (whatever) the same amount of times as the hour it is. My parents' clock apparently has a mind of its own because it never does it the way, or when, it is supposed to. So I don't know that the clock is something paranormal.

As for the other stuff, make sure there isn't a logical, non-paranormal explanation. Voices carry, especially TVs/radios/computers etc. And people do have a tendency to think they've put something one place when in reality they put it somewhere else.

I'm not suggesting there isn't anything paranormal occurring, just giving you some other possibilities 😊
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
danisp_- I have to ask what you meant by "farmhouse is very stretched..."? And how that related to hearing loud voices? Sorry, just not understanding.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: