You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Frantic Energy

Real Ghost Stories

Frantic Energy

 

I had been saving this story for myself, since it's very odd and was a bit strange, but I figured I may as well share it. My close friend has always called herself sensitive and she has quite a few stories- nothing outlandish enough for me to ever question her, though I am very much on the fence with that sort of thing (even though she's pretty much proved me wrong before, but that is a different story).

I have never thought anything strange is in my house. It's a perfectly normal little house in a fairly normal neighborhood. For a while, my friend lived with my fiancé and I as she figured some personal issues out.

She never seemed to mind living there and seemed to like the break from worrying about money. It was not until after she moved out that she asked me if I had ever experienced anything in the house. I have never had my own personal experience, so of course, I told her "No."

She went on to tell me that while she was staying there, especially when she was alone, she would hear voices coming from the kitchen. Once she entered the kitchen, they would stop. She said that they always seemed frantic.

Once, she told me that she heard crying in the middle of the night and thought it was me. She walked into my bedroom to find my fiancé and I passed out, completely oblivious to the world.

Towards the end of her stay, she heard someone screaming from the kitchen that their child was dead. Another time, someone screaming desperately for help and someone frantically praying.

Obviously, that is a bit bone chilling to hear someone say that they heard someone screaming about the death of a child in your own house. I looked up the history of my house and found no deaths in it. It's not that old and has had only two previous owners, both tenants there before my fiancé purchased it.

I brushed it off as her hearing my neighbors talk and her imagination, but she still believes that something is wrong with my house. She remained convinced that something had happened there. I eventually caved and asked my fiance if anything weird had happened involving the death of a child in the house. He said no, but in the neighborhood, a family had accidentally run over their ten month old child and he did not survive. The scene was extremely frantic. The family, apparently, did not go back to the house (I don't blame them).

I have always wondered for the last few months if maybe she picked up on the energy left over from that scene- the pain and the frantic energy. I have always believe that energy can attach itself to a place, even if it's not a conscious energy, just residual. It's always made me wonder and be a bit torn between whether she actually experienced it or whether it's a coincidence. It could be a large coincidence and, being human, we put the pieces together ourselves, correct or not. I have linked the article about the child (carefully selected to not give away my location).

I have no explanation for why the voices always seemed to come from the kitchen.

Http://www.koat.com/911-Tapes-Recall-Distress-During-Child-s-Death/6136254

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elnoraemily, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Thanks Argette and Notjustme:)

My heart goes out to your friends, Argette. No one should have to go through the loss of a child. My fiance's parents lost their daughter, as well.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-07)
What a tragic scene. I can't imagine how that family feels with the self-blame, guilt others might bestow on them, etc...sigh, my heart goes out to them.

As for your friend's experience, I believe it's very possible she caught on to the energy as well. Since I can imagine how high the emotional levels must have been that day, it might have left an imprint.

Thanks for the read
Argette (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-06)
I'm with Val and Mandy here. I think your friend is so sensitive, she picked up on nearby emotional detritus. It just seemed to be coming from the kitchen.

It is a very tragic situation, that type of accident. I actually have two college classmates who experienced it, one with a child and the other with a grandchild. Heart breaking.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-06)
I believe they also got charged with negligence for his death, which is unfortunate. I think they suffered enough, already.

: (

I don't think she has ever directly been past the actual house, which is probably a good thing.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
I agree with those who have said she picked up some tragic leftover energy. Being as sensitive as she seems, it really wouldn't surprise me, and I wonder, if she got any closer to the house where it happened, if she would feel things even more strongly.: (
I'm theorizing that perhaps when the event occurred it was able to be heard through houses and windows and eventually, in your kitchen. How very sad indeed. Energy like that is bound to make an imprint and it would be no surprise (to me) that a "gifted" person, such as your friend, would be able to pick up on that.
But, I absolutely do not think it has anything to do with your home whatsoever... Basically I agree with you, lol. Only now my heart hurts for that family's loss.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
elnora,
I can't help but wonder the proximity of your house to that poor family's. It's possible that to your friend the sounds seemed to be coming from the kitchen as that is the area closest to where it happened.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
Hi Sushantkar:)

The death omen actually makes a lot of sense in this case. My friend was pretty disturbed by the grief in what she was hearing.

My house has always felt normal to me; I think it was just a strong enough force that she picked up what was left.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
Hello elnoraemily! Sometimes hearing a mournful cry is related to death omens in many different cultures and in almost every part of the world.
Your friend who is sensitive against the paranormal things, if had feel or sens something weird, it might not be necessary have any connection with your residence
But did you felt anything weird after her departure? Or may be your friend is right
😕
Perhaps, thanks for sharing it.

Regards
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
I generally don't trust anything that claims to be an absolute or have every answer, which I think makes me wary of most things in general. While I believe my family/friends and their experiences, I also think taking everything with a nice does of "What if" keeps the mind more open to different possibilities.
I do believe in energy patterns and the energy can repeat itself, definitely (especially since the poor parents of the boy from the neighborhood are still alive to my knowledge. I think their energy was so vivid that it hung around and someone who was more in tune with it happened to walk into it).
I am not a nihilist, by any means. I would love to actually experience something. My mom never has, either, aside from some dreams. My sister seems to have my father's knack for it, but my sister is also a very spiritual person in her own way.

Sigh. That was supposed to have a point, lol. I am not sure it came across. I think it got lost in my own ramblings:P
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
elnora- I wonder IF your "I am very much on the fence..." is keeping yourself from experiencing something in your home or any where else for that matter?

I never understood how someone could deny something that has happened to so many "trustworthy" friends and family. Even if it they haven't had their own personal experience.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for reading my ramblings.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
I agree it would be a huge coincidence.

This is true. I am just not sure my house has anything for me.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
elnora- I fully agree on your assessment with the energy left from the tragic incident. And it would have to be a HUGE coincidence for your friend to so accurate.

I think one can pretty much shut themselves off from seeing, feeling, experiencing something that they convinced themselves that does not exist. Does that make sense?

Well thanks for sharing this one with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: