You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Bad Energy In The House

Real Ghost Stories

Bad Energy In The House

 

I am in my mid twenties and want to share my experiences I've had in my life. This first one is the one that I felt most uncomfortable with.

When I was 12 years old my dad and mom got divorced and I and my brother had to visit my dad every two weeks for a couple of days. He moved to a house with his new wife and her 3 daughters, our dog and part time me and my brother. The house was a bungalow with a second floor that was not used for anything yet. It used to be the house of my stepmother's grandmother.

As we were a very big family now, my dad and brother started to build 3 bedrooms upstairs. For me, my brother and M (the oldest daughter). My dad, his wife, C (the youngest) and S (the middle daughter and one of my best friends) had their own rooms downstairs.

Now my experience starts... I've always felt like there was something off with this house, but I could not figure out what. I used to sleep in S's room until mine was done. Nothing really happened until I got my own room. It started with hearing noises above my room and in the walls. My dad just said that it were mice, nothing to worry about. But there was something about it that felt bad. We also started to have arguments, but since we lived in a house with 7 people, I thought of it as just being normal...

After a while it got worse, I got scared of the noises. One night I would sit on the computer in the living room. Everybody else was sleeping. The dog started barking, looking outside the window. But there was nothing there. I heard a very loud bang in the hallway and got petrified! I called my dad and he comforted me. He didn't hear anything and there was nothing wrong. Nobody else heard it.

A little later I was home alone, again on the computer, this time during daytime. Suddenly again, that loud bang! I grabbed the phone and ran outside with my dog. Called my dad begging him to come home. I waited outside in the garden until he got home. He just said I was imagining it, none of the daughters and my brother would believe me.

By the time my room was ready I could hear footsteps in the hallway, poundings on the wall. And one night I woke up from a nightmare, turn the lights on and I could see my arms covered in scratches. I could feel it hurt. I fell asleep again and the next morning it was gone. Again, no one would believe me.

One day I was sitting in my brother's room with S and a friend, we were listening to music, when we could see the lights turning on in the hallway. And after a few minutes, turning back off. We were home alone. Followed by poundings on the wall and the radio turning on and off, we ran out of the room. Since that day, S and I always slept in the same room. Her room downstairs.

The last thing that really scared me, was when I needed to go to the toilet in the middle of the night. I got up and wanted to turn on the light in the hallway when I saw 2 eyes right in front of me, while I was reaching for the switch! I turned it on and I saw my dog sitting in front of me. He's a golden retriever, so his eyes could have never been on my eye level!

Things continued like this for about 5 years, there was constant fighting between me and my stepmother and my dad. But also between the sisters. My bother left to live with my mom, I followed soon after.

There was something about that house, that wasn't right... I was the only one who could hear and see it, only after years S start to believe me, because she experienced it herself. My dad, stepmother and the daughters moved to another house, by the time I turned 17. When I visited their new house, everything felt normal...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zookeeper, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zookeeper (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-11)
The farmer: we all left house and I never had that feeling again. The other family members always were saying: it's the wind/it's an Animal/ it's the electricity being funny.
S started to hear things as well, but tried to ignore it. Later on she realized that it was real, after working in a retirement home, she experienced more and more.
But I never had a chance to ask the new people if they experienced anything.

Goggzy, I just never felt like that, anywhere else. I know paying attention to it only made it worse. I don't know if anyone died at that house, I do know that the previous owner died, and she was my stepmother's grandmother. I've never met her when she was alive.
thefarmer (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-07)
Hello zookeeper I have lived in several houses that had a very bad energy about them. I can tottaly relate. Did any of the family members that stayed there have more experiences. Maybe all the new renovation's disturbed something?
Goggzy (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-07)
In reading this I thought you were atleast partially psychic until S started had experienced it. Did anyone die in the house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: