You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ongoing Bad Energy Disturbing Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Ongoing Bad Energy Disturbing Sleep

 

I have never written about this before. I think my recent troubles sleeping are related to spirits that have become connected to me.

For several years I have been woken up with the sound of a closet slamming or other bang and with a sense that there was "someone" in our room, terrified to look around, feeling for sure I will see a ghost. I felt like I could "see" two people leaning over my bed, in my mind at least.

Now I am in a different apt (in the same pre-war bldg), I often wake up to these loud noises, and my husband is sound asleep. I would think I imagined the noise, if it were not for this paralyzing negative energy in the room when I wake.

Maybe I have a slight ability to pick up spirit energy. I am realizing this has happened to me in my childhood home as well once or twice, intense negative energy surrounding my bed and I would wake up in real terror. I have been in spaces and have felt energy too, then hear others talk of ghosts.

For the last 10 years I have worked in a 19th c bldg with a great old elevator. It never scared me, but for the last 5-7 years I've horrible dreams of haunted elevators and being drawn to them and people getting hurt. This is not a dream site, but these dreams of the elevators relate to the fear and negative energy I feel in my room when I wake up.

I am 35 years old and now terrified to go to sleep. I got some black obsidian for work and by my bed. I tried 'talking' to the spirit energy to leave me alone or move on to no avail. Am I crazy?!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mff, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
This may sound very far-fetched, but it came to my mind so I'll share it.
The first thing that came to my mind was past life. Maybe you died tragically in your past life related to elevators. I say this because when I read your story I thought of a show I saw called "Ghost inside my child". It is a show based on real people and their experiences. These children can remember their past lives and start talking about it as soon as they are able to speak. And quite often they have re occurring nightmares that had to do with their past life.

OR the people that you see could have died in an elevator with or without and has not reincarnated yet. Or they died and need your help somehow so they constantly let you see what happened. Do you ever hear them or see them in your dreams? I know this all sounds really out there, just an idea. 😊
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
mff- I'm going to go with ifihadyoux on this as well. There is a cleansing process that is available on YGS with Rook. Has worked for myself in the past. I bet someone has it and will post here for you.

And your not crazy.

Hang in there.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
No you're not crazy. Try doing a house cleansing and see if that helps with the energy you're feeling. Some people are... Drat what's the word... They're more prone to feel energy then some of us. I think it's called sensitive. Usually a house cleansing will help block negative energies.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: