You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Very Heavy Dropping Near Me

Real Ghost Stories

Something Very Heavy Dropping Near Me

 

This is another thing that happened to me and left me scratching my head and wondering WTH? There were two separate incidences, one outside and the other inside, but both were similar so I'll put them together and see if anyone has any ideas on what this might have been.

The first time this happened, I was outside, walking our pug. I'll say this was either 2009 or 2010. It was when our first pug was full grown, but before we got the second one.

It was past dark and warm outside, so either late spring or during the summer months. I take her on her leash to the north end of our home, between the house and an old concrete silo that's been there all my life. I don't know how old it is, at least 55 years, it was here when my parents bought the land in '59. I don't even think the silo figures into the story, but giving you an idea of where I was.

Anyway, I'm waiting for her to do her business, of course she's taking her time, smelling each individual blade of grass, When I hear and feel a major thud behind us. I mean, it felt like a boulder had fallen from the sky, maybe five or six feet behind me, it made the ground shake. We both spun around to see...nothing.

I have a flashlight and look all around, there's nothing there. The grass has been cut, so it's short, no trees nearby, nothing fell from the silo, it's in fairly good shape. There was no sound before or after other than the usual night time noises.

The next time something similar happened was within the past 6 months. Also during the night time hours. I was sitting at my computer desk as I am now, probably playing an online game, when it sounds like someone took a big, thick, heavy, hard covered book and slammed it down with all their strength right behind my chair. The dogs instantly start barking, I swing around to see...nothing.

Again I check all around the area for something that fell, I even checked the rest of the house. But the sound of it came from directly behind me, say within two to three feet. Nothing has fallen, nothing is out of place.

Any ideas of what this is or does this have some kind of meaning to anyone?

Other hauntings by StevenTylerRocks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StevenTylerRocks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
You have some pretty neat experiences, but do you think it could be residual energy? Considering the natives had run of the land before your time. I know that would of freak me out. How did the dog react?
StevenTylerRocks (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
Femaelstrom-I don't live in an area with oil or if there is, not enough to be worth going after. I have seen oil wells further south, more around the Wichita, KS area, over 100 miles away. I live more in the area of Topeka, KS in northeast KS. Would fracking cause something like that at such a distance?
StevenTylerRocks (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
elnoraemily-There are no mining operations near here that I've ever been aware of, I know there are old abandoned coal mine south and east of this area. But, nothing currently in use.

DandelionQueen-I've never had that happen when dozing off, but anything is possible. The main thing that makes me think it was not that while I was at the computer, is the dogs reacted to the sound. As for seismic activity, not that I'm aware of, southern KS near the OK line has had some recently, but it hasn't effected us here in northeast KS.

Miracles-I did my best to debunk the sound. There were no fallen trees or branches. Nothing that I could find that would have caused such a sound.

Wish-Not-If something was trying to get my attention... Mission accomplished! 😆

CountingCoups-I also live in the country and have experienced sonic booms. As a teen, I was home alone during summer vacation, and swore someone's house had blown up after hearing one. This was more of a giant thud, plus my pug turned around at the sound and looked at the same spot on the ground.

I thank everyone for their ideas and suggestions.❤ Really, anything is possible. Explainable sounds or not... They both scared the bee-jeepers out of me. 😆
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
DandilionQueen, I've read about 'expolding head syndrome', which sounds similar. Check it out.
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
I'm guessing it's a resut of fracking. When you pump water into the ground to extract the small amount of oil reserves, it MUST do something to the underground, besides forcing out oil. Am going a step further, and guess it's more than likely NOT a GOOD something.

I liken it to a vampire forcing water into a human corpse to extract more blood. Something must give, and I don't think either 'extraction' process will be either pretty or have a pleasant outcome. I think that is MY guess.
CountingCoups (5 stories) (14 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
I would probably rule the outside noise as a sonic boom from a military jet. I live in the country and it happened often before 9/11. It would be like thunder or a loud boom and it would shake the very ground that you stand on. I can't say much about your inside one. If you were sleeping or dozing, it could have just been a dream. Displaced or disembodied sounds are tricky to figure out.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
STR- Seems you have several "unknown" incidents. Heck, I do as well. But I'm clueless with these two. Maybe something was trying to get your attention. Which it obviously did so maybe it succeeded in it's intentions. LOL that's all I have.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
STR - the sound outside I would attribute to a limb falling or even a tree. But the one inside, guess it wouldn't be a tree, would it? 😆
DandelionQueen (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
I've occasionally had this experience when I've been very tired and started to doze off. I'll suddenly be jolted awake by what I think is a ground-shaking thud, but there's nothing around to account for it. I don't think it is supernatural, though - a dream maybe, or a small noise that seems loud to my half-asleep self. Of course, that *might* account for the time you were sitting at your computer, but it seems less likely that you would have dozed off on your feet while walking your dog! Has there ever been any seismic activity reported in your area, that you know of?
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
My father had similar experiences in his house, crashing sounds and such.

What I find a bit strange is that one happened outside and one happened inside.

Do you live near a mining operation?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: