You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: This Has Puzzled Me For Years

Real Ghost Stories

This Has Puzzled Me For Years

 

I believe this happened in 2005. I know, I know, I will start a journal of these things.

Anyway, I was at work when I started feeling very sick. I worked overnights and decided that I wasn't going to be able to finish my shift because I was feeling so ill. I'm thinking I left around our lunch time of 2AM, then had a half hour drive home...yeah, I live in the sticks. LOL So, that puts me arriving home around 2:30AM and I know it happened in mid April.

I pull up to my house, turned off the headlights, and through the dining room window I see a swirling white light with red mixed through. Over the years the only thing I can think of that it might look like, is if you put a drop of red food coloring into a glass of clear syrup (Karo) and swirled the red through it, now imagine that giving off light. It looked to be about 4 to 5 feet high and had a diameter of maybe three feet at the thickest part in the center. No human shape to it, but it looked narrower at the top and I think it started to taper off towards the bottom, I couldn't see the bottom of it through the window.

I sat there just staring in disbelief. Then my mind came up with a rational idea, I had just pulled up on a gravel road and I still had my foot on the brake. It must be a reflection of the brake lights mixed with dust somehow reflecting off the window causing an odd effect. Whew! But, I took my foot off the brake and it was still there and definitely INSIDE my home.

I watched as it moved (glided) from the edge of the living room into the dining room and out of sight into the kitchen. I could no longer see it after it passed the window, but still saw a soft glow.

I was completely freaking out! Never in my life had I ever seen anything like this or even heard of anything resembling this. I finally screwed up my courage and got out of the SUV and up the steps to the door that goes into the utility room. I opened the door and stepped inside, nothing in the utility room. Then there's another door that opens into the kitchen, right where the "thing" was heading. I opened the door slowly to the kitchen... Pitch black, no light at all. I look to the right, nothing can be seen in the master bedroom/bath (the direction it was heading). Looking to the left, nothing in the dining room, living room, or the part of the hallway I could see.

I went through the entire house turning on all the lights one by one. Nothing down the hallway or the two bedrooms or bathroom. I checked closets and cabinets. Nothing anywhere. Nothing seemed to be disturbed in the house. Trust me, I didn't go to sleep like I was planning on doing.

My husband worked at the same place as I did, when I picked him up that morning and told him what I saw, he brushed it off as the computer monitor being left on and that's what it was, it was NOT on when I came in, it was totally dark. And, how did it move through the house? He claims to be a disbeliever in the paranormal, but he's seen some things he can't explain.

I became disabled in August of that year and was home all the time while my husband continued to work the overnight shift. I would say it was maybe a year or two later, but at the end of fall or in the winter as most of the leaves had to have been off the trees. My husband was coming home from work while it was still dark outside, he could see from a ways back, through the kitchen and living room window on the opposite side of our home, multicolored lights shooting out the windows. (The reason I say it was that time of year, is because had it been spring or summer, the leaves on the trees would have blocked his view.)

He pulled up in our driveway, thinking WTH? Was I having some kind of party? He said it looked like lights from a rock concert and could see them from the driveway side of the house also. As he opened the outside door into the utility room, he could still see lights under the door that opens into the kitchen. As soon as he put his hand on the doorknob to open the door into the kitchen, it went pitch black.

I was asleep, had been for hours. Plus, we own nothing that would make those kind of lights anyway.

He saw them again a year or two later, but by the time he pulled up in the driveway, they were gone. Again, I was sound asleep.

I even asked my mom if she had ever seen anything remotely like that on the farm, she's lived here since 1959 when my parents bought this land, she said no. I've lived here almost my entire life and had never experienced anything like this either.

I live in a mobile home, this is the fourth one since I moved back to the farm in 1986. I've had things happen in all of the homes, but this is the only that the lights showed up in and it was brand new, straight from the factory when we had it moved to this spot (so no left over spirits from past owners). The previous home was also new and parked in the exact same spot, but no lights appeared in that one.

So, has anyone else every experienced anything like this or have an idea of what it could have been? I've always been puzzled by this and have never ran across anyone else that has had this happen.

Oh, and by the way, my husband still tries to brush off what he saw both times as the computer monitor, which wasn't on either time. Hardcore skeptic.

Other hauntings by StevenTylerRocks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StevenTylerRocks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
Miracles... I agree with you about trailers being haunted. We call them caravans here, my father has repaired and restored them as a sideline to his work for years. Yes. Even objects that were found in the caravans sometimes have a wild energy attached. I wonder why... My intuition regarding the lights in this story leads me to ask whether anyone's considered the extraterrestrial theory.
StevenTylerRocks (6 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-07)
Thank you Rich, that is an interesting theory. I do live in the country. I grew up here and only spent maybe a couple of years living "in town" twenty miles away. I find it odd though, that in all the time my family has lived here, that nobody else has mentioned seeing these kind of lights, outside or inside. Aside from being curious what it was... I also wonder why it was inside my house. Maybe next time it will do some cleaning. One can always hope. 😆
Rich73 (1 stories) (67 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-06)
My favorite theory on what these lights and orbs are is that they are nature spirits, or elementals. You did say you lived out in the sticks. They are not spirits of individual trees or plants, but rather an overseeing spirit for a particular species of plant that represents that species' highest potential. They are sometimes called Devas, which is a Sanskrit word meaning "shining ones". Again, it's just a theory. I'm not sure what they would be doing in your house, though - taking a peek, maybe?
StevenTylerRocks (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
Thank you elnoraemily and valkricry for the info on the orange orb. ❤

I've only seen one and it was quite small, maybe a little bigger than a BB, but very bright. The strange thing about it, it appeared to come out of me! Around my chest area. I was sitting on the couch, all leaned back. It seemed to come out of me, hovered for a second, then zipped off and to the left, over the arm of the couch and down.

It may of started somewhere else and I just didn't notice it until it made the movement like it was coming out of me. I looked beside the couch, but it was gone. 😕
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
Orange is suppose to be healing energy... Those lights must have been something to see!
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
Ah, this is just so strange!

I think orange has the same meaning as red. What I found really interesting is the flashes of light your husband saw. It is a very strange thing to see, especially since there is nothing around to create or reflect light!
StevenTylerRocks (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
elnoremily-It was mostly a white light with a smaller amount of red swirled through. I don't remember getting a "feeling" from it, good or bad, I was frightened and curious at the same time.
You just reminded me, when you mentioned red orbs, that one time I saw an orange one. I don't know what the color orange means though. We live in the middle of 160 acres, no street lights, car lights, or anything else... All we have for night time light is the moon.
Thanks, I love Steven Tyler, he's an awesome performer. 😊

Miracles-Yes, I started reading stories on this site a couple of weeks ago, I decided to join and share some odd things I've experienced.
About the mobile homes... The first one was a used 1973 12x50, very small but well constructed. I think we gave $2500 for it in 1986. Sold that one when my son was 3 (two kids) because we needed more space and bought a 1972 Magnolia 20x50 for $3000 in 1989 (an entire side of it folded up to travel as a single wide). By 2000, that home was in bad shape. My now husband and I bought a brand new 2000 16x80. When it was delivered, the company had torn it up really bad trying to get it down our mile and a half gravel road, it has several sharp turns (New driver, his first delivery). We fought them legally for almost 3 years and they ended up having to replace it with a new 2003 16x80 in which we now reside. All the homes had different activity, the used ones I can understand, but I'm stumped why the new ones would. If it's the land, why would the two new homes have completely different things happen?

Wish-Not-I've went over this experience in my head many times over the years, I've never came up any logical reason for what I saw that night or what my husband saw. I have ruled out everything that I could possibly think of for the weird lights. Balls of lights have been experienced in two other homes on the farm, but they were unlike what we saw.
I started going to concerts in the 70s also. Didn't see Aerosmith until the early 2000s. Where we live in Kansas...it's always a long drive to any concert event and some times bands just skip over our area or I'm just flat broke.

Hopefully someone else will post with a similar happening. I did see something like this mentioned on Ghost Hunters one time. They were investigating an asylum or old TB hospital and in on upper floor strange lights like my husband saw were reported coming from one of the rooms. I was so excited to see what they had to say, hoping for an explanation to my own experience. But they never figured it out one way or the other. 😢
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
StevenTylerRocks- Some folks are not willing to accept the obvious. It's easier for them that way I guess.

I'm completely stumped on this one.

However I have already written today that on some things there is NOT always an answer. This story brought back a very vivid memory of an incident that happened to me years ago (90's) that absolutely has no explanation. But it was real. Just as your were.

And I saw him in concert back in the late 70's. AC/DC opened up for them. If that tells you how long ago it was.

Goodness these type of stories freak me out. I can relate. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully someone will have some answers.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
StevenTylerRocks - interesting story. I don't think I've read one quite like this. I do have a couple comments/questions that are unrelated to the lights though.

Your first paragraph leads me to believe you are more familiar with us than we are you. I guess you could have been reading stories for years before deciding to submit some of your own. It happens.

Also, because I live in a trailer and know how expensive they are, I was quite impressed that you have had 2 brand new ones, not including the other 2, in 9 years. No judgement or insinuation, just wow! Like I said, pretty impressive. And I am a firm believer in trailers being haunted since every one I have lived in has had some type of activity.

I hope someone will be able to help you with the lights because, like elnora, I have nothing. Interesting though. Thanks for sharing it with us 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
I have no theories for this.

Which is weird for me. However, I do know that red orbs are supposed to signify protection and security, so this could have been a good thing.

Was there anything around the house that could be reflecting light?

Also, your user name is amazing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: