You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: My Life with Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

My Life with Spirits

 

I had always felt that something was always around me. I could not see it but I knew it was there. I have always been afraid. Sometimes I would enter someone home and feel the presence or sometimes the hairs on the back of my neck would stand completely up. I never wanted to see or feel anything, but I always did. I am going to tell you of a few occurrences that has happened to me.

When I was a young girl, I was very rebellious with my upbringing. My mother would ground me and after the punishment, I would start all over again. One night after my mother's rantings, I was in my bedroom, very upset with her. (Me upset! It was my fault I was grounded.) I heard my name being called. I just sat there not moving, I wanted my mother to suffer for grounding me. Just then I heard my name being called again. A little louder this time. I sat there still not moving. The third time, my name was called I knew my mother was angry. I suddenly thought I better get to moving and find out what she wanted. When I walked into her bedroom (slowly), and I called her name, she did not answer. I called my mother's name again, and I then realized she was asleep (dhe snored quite loud). When I had awaken her from her sleep, she then asked what did I want. I told her she called my name and I came to see what she wanted. She sat up and told me she did not call my name. I was so scared, I ran to my room, jumped into my bed with the covers over my head and forced myself to sleep.

Another time I was lying on my mother's couch and my back was facing her kitchen and my face was facing the couch. I looked downwards with my eyes and saw someone come from the back of my mother's bedroom. Thinking it was her, I faked like I was asleep, being that she was upset with me and I her. I felt the presence walk over to where I was lying and peaked down over me, watching to see if I was asleep. I laid that way until the presence left me and went back the way it came.

The next morning, I asked my mother if she came into the living room to see if I was resting or not. She looked and told me, she did not leave her bedroom. I was frightened again.

When things like that happened to me I would call my grandmother and she would interpret to me those things I did not understand. She would tell me it was my aunt looking over me.

Another occurrence was when my daughter was sick in the hospital, I was so upset I could not sleep, eat or drink anything. I knew she was going to pass over and I could not accept her passing. I was alone and I needed to speak with someone. While sitting alone, someone entered my room and sat down. I briefly looked over and saw this young man dressed in white and he smiled at me and asked me what was wrong. I looked into his face (I can not remember how he looked) and I felt so at peace and started telling him all about my daughter who was sick in the ICU unit and everything that was bottled inside of me. I can not tell you to this day how I fell asleep but I did.

The next morning the hospital staff woke me and told me my daughter was not doing so well and for me to go and see her for the last time. I then began to ask about the person who had came into the waiting room and put my mind at ease. The hospital staff looked at me and told me there was no such person on duty last night. When I asked again and described this young man to the hospital staff I was told the same thing; that no one was on duty that night who fits that description.

After my daughter's passing, I would hear in my living room walking around in her walker. I would pray that she would not come into my bedroom. She would come down the hallway towards my bedroom and that is where she would stop. Then the walking would start all over again, but never did she come into my room. I knew then that she was at peace. That helped me to cope with the loss I felt with her being gone.

I have had a lot more experiences which is too long to write. May be in the near future, I will share some more of my experiences.

In the interim, I would like to know if anyone has had experiences similar to mine.

Other hauntings by thelmafountain

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thelmafountain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

thelmafountain (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Dear frypan100:

I really did not want to bring it up but she died from spinal menigitis. I did not know of this particular disease until I read upon it.

When I heard her walking in her walker, I felt that she was there to give me solace and that she was at peace and for me not to grieve anymore. I really want to believe that was the reason for her visits.

If you read the beginning of my story, I have always been afraid of seeing spirits.

I also have two other stories posted (1) Haunted House in Minnesota and Upset Spirits.

I am starting on a few more stories that I will share.

Thank you for reading my story and if you have other comments, please feel free to do so.

Tee
frypan100 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
What did your daughter die of? And Why do you think by walking the hallway she is at peace? I"m very curious thanks.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Hello Tee,
I think in the first part of your retelling of these events that your Grandmother was right in that your Aunt was "looking out" for you. She gently chastised you for doing things you knew were wrong, and she even checked on you while you lay on that couch.
I have so much empathy for you over the loss of your daughter, while I can not imagine the completeness of the grief that you must have endured, I believe that her guide was also "on duty" that night to help guide you through the path that life had you on at that moment.
How marvelous that you were able to pour out your soul to the one Being that would be there to take her hand and help her walk (without the use of her walker, I might add) into the Afterlife with.
I would love to read of your other experiences. Thank you for sharing these tidbits with us.
35ryfhoi (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
❤ Take it easy. I feel sorry for you but this is your story. I would let someone else do the stuff for you. A group sounds right.
thelmafountain (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
Hi JustThere. I can not remember how the man in white looked. To this day, I still can not for the life of me remember. All I know is he was handsome and had a peaceful face. He had on all white clothes and including his shoes. I do know I felt really tranquil after he approached me. Tee
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
i am very sorry for your loss, I could not imagin losing one of mine. But I am glad to hear that you found some peace for it. Thank you for sharing. ❤
JustThere (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
What kind of suit was the man in white wearing?
anyway, to the real reason I wanted to comment this story is the fact that I HAVE experienced this kind of thing while I am still a kid, except I can mostly see them, and I have talked to them a couple times, sometimes, I don't know if you would believe, but I talk to animal-like creatures, almost like demons, if you can see them like I can, you can most-likely ask about your child (if you feel up to it) and find how she is doing. I've asked about loved ones many times, and it has put my heart at ease, I'm probably just sounding like a naive kid, but me AND my friends have experienced many things, including possession, so I feel for you, but the man in white, I might be able to tell you his name if you don't mind telling me what he looks like (if you ever do remember) because I know an angel :)
again, thank you for sharing your life with us =]
dre (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
may god watch over you, and many blessings to you, thank for sharing your story it really touched me
thelmafountain (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
Thank you guys for your comments. I really appreciated it. Yes, I am now looking back to the guy in white. It had to be her guide to the next realm. I am sitting here with tears of joy in my eyes. Again, thanks. Tee
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
Thelma, I'm sorry for the loss of your daughter, that's very sad. You said you felt a great peace when you looked into the young man's face and it seems you were compelled to tell him about your daughter. I think Shane's right, he came to guide your daughter over and relieve your mind as well. I'm glad your daughter's visits helped you cope with things and find some peace of mind. I think she knows your love and wants to let you know she's okay.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
First, I am very sorry for your loss. I appreciatte your sharing your accounts with us, it must have been very difficult. I am glad you realize that your daughter is at peace. I am certain the man in white was there to guide her and you through a very traumatic experience. Your hearing her walker, that was the message to let you know she was playing and happy and at peace.

I think that many individuals on this site can certainly empathize with your occurences over the years. Each has thier own way of dealing with them and their own reasons that they have the encounters that they do.

God Bless!
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
Hi Thelma!

Great story, I really enjoyed it, and I'm very sorry about your loss. I hope you're doing well.

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
shone (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
and I am very sorry for your lost... There is must be some one like you and take this as a gift...

god bless you!
shone (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
someone is reallly looking after you maybe its a long lost relative making sure you are alright and the person in white is someone who was there to comfort you... Maybe he was taking your daughter to heaven or something
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-11)
Thelma, experiences are very unique to the person who is having them. Some may seem to be alike but when you really boil them down they aren't. My first thought as I was reading your story was that a relative who had passed on was trying to get your attention when you and your mother were fighting. You of course answered that one. As for the young man, well that could have been your childs guide to the next realm. Maybe he felt that you also needed a little guidance. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: