You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Warnings from Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Warnings from Spirits

 

First of all I would like to explain my Uncle. He drank a lot and could get a little overbearing at times. But as I remember him, he was an outrageously funny person, he was kindhearted and he treated me and my siblings very well. He was only welcomed at my mother's home. His other siblings would not let him stay at their place of residence.

Well, when my Uncle passed, we had the repass at my Aunt's home. Everyone was sitting around eating and drinking and talking about him. As the talking progressed, pictures started literally being thrown of the walls. Everyone just looked and said nothing. We were in awe. My Aunt's picture had been on her walls every since I could remember. Now they were on the floor. We heard my twin cousin screaming, "let me out". He had gone down to the basement to retrieve something for my Aunt. The door's lock was on the outside of the door. We pushed the latch back in the opposite direction and let him out. We asked what happened and he told us that when he came upstairs to the door, he heard the lock go into place and when he tried pushing open the door he could not get out. I could only guess who could have locked the door and that my Uncle was probably upset about his siblings talking too much about him. The talking ceased about him.

I had a dream about a cat. I have a morbid fear of cats and dogs. In this particular dream, I would be walking in an empty building and a cat would jump onto my back. I could not get this cat off my back. I would scream and holler, saying get off me and that cat would not bulge. It stayed glued to my back. And the most frightening was the cat would rub it face against my face and out of shear panic I would wake up. I dreamt this dream three days in a row. It was so disturbing about the reoccurrence of the same dream, that I called my mother, Aunt and my grandmother. They told me the same thing. I was letting someone into my home that hated my guts and that I was being warned. I was told to clean house by being careful with whom I socialized with. I started showing better judgment with people after what I was told. I never dreamt that dream again.

My best girlfriend in the world (we had known each other since the first grade. She was like the sister I never had.) had a dream about her dad coming to visit her. Her dad had passed over and before he left this realm, he was diabetic, blind and could not walk. He was wheelchair bound. She called me up and told me about this dream. He would walk across the street come through her door and say, "I came to see about you Cookie". She also dreamt this dream three times. I told her I did not know what that meant, or may be he was coming to take her to the other side. She told me if it's her time to go then so be it. Three months later she had passed over too from an unexpected illness. I miss her dearly. Sometimes, I think about her and about what her father had said to her.

There are so many that I do not understand. I hope in the course of my life on this earth, I will. Thank you for reading another one of my stories.

Other hauntings by thelmafountain

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thelmafountain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
thelmafountain, I think, like you seem to that your uncle finally get fed up with everyone talking about him and decided enough was enough. What better way to get every one's attention at one time than tossing about a few photos?
The cat dream was interesting, I probably would not have even thought of that explanation to the dream. But that is the beauty of it all. Dreams have a very personal meaning. Whether we can read them correctly or not.
I am so sorry that you lost your best friend, but isn't it a comfort to know that when she left, she did not go to an unknown place alone? I love the idea that when we actually leave this place, there is a new, crisp, wonderful existence out there just waiting for us.
Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
I am very sorry for your losses. It is very hard to lose someone close to you. I lossed my father and my brother 10 months from each other. My dad passed away from cancer in January, 14 months after he was diagnosed. My brother was hit and killed by a car on his bicycle on March 20, 2006. Even though I'm sensitive to the paranormal, I thought for sure I would have seen, felt, heard, anything from my brother or Dad but nothing. Well, maybe something. I did have a dream that my phone was ringing and when I looked at the caller I.D. It said "Kingdom of Heaven" on it. I answered the phone(in my dream) and it was my brother. I don't remember what he said but I know it was his voice. The only way I can interpret this dream is that he was letting me know he made it to Heaven because of what the caller I.D. Said. Then I had a dream about my Dad and it was at my Grandmother's old house and it was Christmas(kind of). You know, dreams, they skip around and don't quite make sense. My Dad was there and I started crying saying what is going on and I remember him or my Mom showing me a newspaper with my Dad as an undercover agent that pretended to have died to capture some criminal. I don't know. It was really upsetting. I was crying still when I woke up from this dream. It felt like I big joke on me kind of thing! Anyway, I don't know if your family was speaking ill of your uncle but I for one do not like to speak ill of the dead. After all they are not here to defend thimselves! That may be why he threw the pictures off the wall and locked the child in the basement to get your attention! Thanks for sharing your story. -Shelby ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
I am very sorry for your loss. I know it hurts deeply when you loose someone you love. I believe her dreams about her father where to let her know (and you) that she would be at peace. There are times we just can't see as we would like. I believe her telling you if it was her time, then so be it was a great way of preparing her self spiritually for the journey.

I had never heard abut the cat story before nad the meaning behind your dream. I will remember that!

thank you for sharing with us,
God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
I feel very sorry for you thelmafountain. It must be very hard for someone losing a close friend. I believe that before death someone close may come fro you. That person is waiting for you on the other side. When my Mom passed away she dreamt a week before that her sister had come to her. I hop to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: