You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: School Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

School Ghost?

 

I have an older sister, and when she was about 16/17 years old, she used to give some younger students extra lessons in english. Most of the time, she met her students in a local school. Last year, however, this school was closed. But now I want to tell you my story.

One day, my sister waited for one of her students to arrive in the classroom of that school. But as time went by, no student came. So she continued waiting. Then, suddenly, she heard a loud banging. Startled, she saw how one table in the room was moving on its own, as if someone was continuously hitting it. That's also where the loud banging came from. My sister just ran out of the classroom, out of the school and right home. She was so terrified and since I know that she is a very honest person, I finally had to believe her.

We tried to find a logical reason why the table had moved and banged out of the blue and without anyone moving it. But we couldn't find any reason. At the time this happened, there was no one in the school, no teachers, no caretaker because it was late afternoon. So the explanation that maybe someone from another room had hit the wall or stuff like that that could have caused the noise was quite unlikely. My sister was also absolutely sure that the noise had come directly out of the room in which she stayed. Like someone hitting the table with his fists.

And until today this story frightens me. Once I tried to do some research if anyone in th is school had died, but there was no information on that. What do you think of it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chrisandhisdogs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lorenzmoriel (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-05)
it happened also to me.
I was in my classroom studying alone while everyone is in the canteen then I saw a table moving I learned my school was a cemetery before
986L (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-05)
The same thing happened to me I was in an empty class and out of nowhere there's a loud bang in the room like someone hitting the table and at first I just ignore the noise and again there's a loud banging and I was scared and I ran out of the class but it still freaks me out when I remember it 😨
And I don't know what to say about what happened to your sister or what happened to me but it's really creepy I just can't forget what happened to me.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
Hi Chris,
I find it odd that no one else was around, especially late in the afternoon. I would think that is when (after school) the classrooms and such would be cleaned. I've a story on here that describes how I was a night janitor at a school, and of the wee ghosties that were there. I know too well the natural sounds one can hear in a 'dead' building that seem all too unworldly. However, even if there was a custodian (janitor) around cleaning (perhaps explaining the banging sounds) that does not explain the table being moved. That is the most perplexing part of the puzzle to me.
Maybe as elnora said, something was really trying to get her attention.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
So she didn't watch it move? I'm just trying to clarify for myself haha.
Chrisandhisdogs (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
She saw how the table moved and the loud sound of somebody hitting it. Since there was no one in the school at that moment, especially no student of hers we have no clue how that could happen. We finally had to believe that there's maybe something paranormal in this world...
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
Wait, your sister physically saw the table move or saw that the table had moved?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
Willkommen, Chris.

I really like the voice you use when you write. It's quite direct and easy to follow. It sounds like maybe someone, like a student of hers, could have been pulling a prank and trying to scare her. Or maybe something just really wanted her attention and figured that making noise was the best way to go about it.

Either way, a bit freaky. Empty schools are always strange places, at least in my mind.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: