You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Shadow Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Shadow Figure

 

In February of 2011, I was laying on my bed about to fall asleep because I was feeling really exhausted that day. I was a couple of months pregnant at that time. I had felt a strange quietness to my room, like someone was in there watching me, but I just blew it off and didn't think anything of it, because from time to time the room feels like that. My kids are scared to be alone in my room, they say something is in there.

Just as I started to drift off I started to panic because I felt like someone was in the room, going to hurt me. I tried to get up, but could not move, I couldn't move any body parts, like I was paralyzed or something. I saw a tall dark figure glide across the floor from my closet to the side of my bed (a couple of days before this happened, I saw a purple light move slowly across my closet door and then disappear). The dark figure looked at me, but I could not see its face nor eyes, just blackness. It touched my arm (I remember it had long fingers) and my whole body began to shake. It seemed like the bed was shaking too.

The dark figure glided back to the closet. Then the dark figure looked at me and said, "You want to know the truth, don't you?" What was strange is the voice of this figure sounded sweet and caring. I could not tell if it was a male or female voice. I had a feeling it wanted me to follow it, but I was just too scared. The dark figure then pointed to my husband's suit that was hanging up and it had a bright green light all around it. And then the dark figure disappeared.

I have not seen that figure since, but only in dreams to where I'm chasing the dark figure that is flying above me. And the dark figure flies from the bathroom to the closet.

Other hauntings by queenie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Delaware

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, queenie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

queenie (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-12)
Yes, I think they are more than shadows. Maybe they are concealing what they really look like. I guess. I'm pretty sure there is good and evil ones like anything else. Maybe the shadow was going to tell me who they are. That would be nice to know. I read one of your storys and it doesn't seem like they are trying to hurt you. I wonder if they are here to help or to watch or what. Maybe one day we will find out.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-12)
queenie,
You did just fine explaining, I know what you mean, it's unexplainable but we know what you talking about inside, it just can't be put into words. And I believe you aren't holding anything back, I just had to ask that question to make sure. And the voice thing, well yeah I know that there are voices that aren't in our head that come from nowhere or nothing, I have heard them several times.
I just thought of something, I think I may now what the shadow figure was talking about. I think what he meant by the "truth".
Do you want to know the truth about why he is there, and why that stuff happens?
I'm sure many people want to know that truth, I want to know the truth of a lot of things but I just don't think I'll ever get the truth of the unexplainable things on earth. I want to know what the shadow people really are. I think they are more than shadows, don't you? There is no way I can come to beileive they are just shadows.
queenie (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-11)
When I open my closet door its a regular closet, nothing strange. I have three kids the two oldest beware of my room. They just sense the feeling of someone in the room. At times the room feels like its filled or someone watching, can't really explain. To this day I don't know what the shadow was talking about. I haven't held any information back. I really don't know what it was talking about, guess I should have went. My oldest already knows about the shadows, he sees them too. We don't see them that much now just that feeling in the room. Oh I figured it was the shadow because the voice wasn't my voice or anybody's that I know. This closet shadow didn't seem like it was trying to scare me or hurt me
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
queenie,
I Believe you, I truly believe you. This story is scary, there is so much fear packed into these three paragraphs, it's horrifying.I've seen shadow people, but never head on like you did, and I don't think I want to. Shadows are scary no matter what they are, that's why some "things" are shadows; so they can scare the living daylight out of us. (They scare the living the lights out of because they don't like daylight. Hehe.) If your interested, a couple of my stories are about the shadow things I've seen, you can read them if you want they are fairly recent.
I have a few questions, hopefully you are willing enough to respond.
1- you said the figure spoke. I believe you when you said that, but how did you know "it" spoke and that it wasn't anything else or even in your head.
2- Why did it say "You want to know the truth, don't you?"? It must mean you know something you didn't tell us. What do you want to know that the shadow figure knows about.
3- Not to be nosy, but what's in your closet? What happens if you open it?
4-Not sure how many kids you have, but have you asked them what they mean bye "something's in there" are they seeing what your seeing? You should ask them, but don't, do not tell them about the shadow man, you probably know why not to tell them.

You say the shadow man is in your dreams, well there are these things called the shadow men and they apparently a how up in real life, but they appear in dreams a lot and they scare people and show them or do weird things in the dreams.
jynnantonnix (2 stories) (21 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-12-07)
Even if you KNOW you are already asleep and dreaming, a clear voice can feel completely real and be very scary and hard to ignore. I'd think that one heard as you were on the verge of sleep could seem even more so. Once, I remember, this would have been about 16 or 17 years ago, I had a very clear dream of an old high school classmate who I'd been friends with, but not to the point that we ever really kept in touch after that. I had learned at some point previously that she had died (complications from type 1 diabetes). Anyway, in this dream there was really nothing else except all of a sudden, there she was, saying, in a very matter of fact voice, "You know you have cancer, don't you?" Well, I have not been diagnosed with any cancer between now and then, and even if I should be tomorrow, 16 years seems a bit remote to be prophetic. But it certainly seemed like a warning at the time.
queenie (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-06)
After the figure disappeared I was able to get up. I went to the closet and checked his suit. Nothing in it or on it. I don't believe I was sleep. Had another encounter with a shadow little girl. Who pin me up against the wall until I called on Jesus and she disappeared
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-05)
hmmm that is a very odd story, but you said so yourself you were about to drift off to sleep, how do you not know for sure you weren't already sleeping? Your body becomes calm and begins to go into dream mode before the brain actually does.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
Hello:
Yes, I am also very curious to know if you checked the suit right away to find out whatever "truth" was being shown to you.
I was recently shown something in a "dream"
state. I went online to find the iodine burn salve (which I had never known of previously) that was shown to me thinking "Why would I need a burn salve?". Two days after receiving it from Thailand, scalding coffee was dropped on my legs during Thanksgiving dinner. The salve was used with great success and I am a firm believer in checking out whatever information is given to me, however it comes.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
curiousmind (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
what was in your husband's suit? Did you checked it right after he pointed on it and told you if you want to know the truth?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: