You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Eternal Love

Real Ghost Stories

Eternal Love

 

This is the true incidence that has been experienced by my mother. Nothing in the following incidence has been made up or exaggerated.

This story revolves around my grandmother who passed away on 1st April 2004 (April fool's day).

She was 75 years old and died of a heart attack. My grandfather is 97 years old now. He was 12 years older than my grandmother. They both had a very strange relationship. They fought all day on petty issues, but were inseparable.

My grandmother was in hospital about to be discharged when she had her heart failed and she died. My grandfather could not meet her that day and was waiting at home for her arrival. Little did he know. Her dead body was brought home at night and we had to wait until morning to cremate her as it is not done at night. I don't want to disclose any further details on how that horrible night was spent. Anyways, it was dawn and on 2nd April she was cremated. Now as per Hindu rituals, all the family members returned home after the procedures. The house was full with relatives.

My grandfather's house was medium sized house and the number of people staying on that day were more, so some slept on the beds and some lay on the mattresses on the ground. My mother was one of the many that lay on the ground near my grandfather's bed.

Suddenly, at night, she can't remember exact time, she felt very restless and she got up and sat down trying to breathe properly. On her right, was a window and on her left, few metres away, was my grandfather's bed. She saw a light almost 1ft in diameter, bright yellow coming through the window. It was night and no outside light was there. The light however entered the room through the window. It was in mid-air, as if floating without casting any shadow anywhere in the room. My mother was sweating like hell and terrified, not believing what she is experiencing. The light slowly went to where my grandfather was sleeping and descended near his head and vanished in thin air. My mother sat in her place trying to recollect what she had seen a few minutes ago.

Next morning, she told the elder people about it and they said that souls come to meet people whom they truly love. That night my grandmother came to be with my grandfather forever and my mother is a witness to their eternal love.

Other hauntings by good-ghosts

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, good-ghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Slyester (guest)
-3
5 years ago (2019-02-18)
It was really a great story good ghost and don't pay attenttion to negative comments like lady glow they are immatured who disrespect other religions
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
And in case anyone needs a reminder, any additional comments not directed toward this experience will be deleted. I don't have the time, or the desire, to babysit today. Place nice or go home 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
good-ghosts - again you have misunderstood me. I wasn't defending anyone, I was stating a fact. We do have a new editor/moderator who is in training.

If you don't like the way things are done here, why are you here? 😕 I'm not trying to run you off, I actually enjoy reading your experiences and comments. I just don't understand why you would stay someplace that you obviously don't like. There are other sites and I'm not a member of any of them, let alone a mod.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
holychants - no matter how well-intended your comment was, it was unnecessary. This situation had already taken care of itself and all you have done is stirred the controversy back up.

Please pay attention to the dates on the comments before you chastise someone. And actually, in order to keep this site as strife free as we can, try to keep your comments to other members related to their stories.
good-ghosts (6 stories) (42 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Holychants7,

Thanks for your concern and suggestions. I don't have build any rage or something but I am totally upset with thw way things go on YGS.
I am not a rude person by nature and not only the rejection made me comment in such inappropriate way. Rejected my submission, okay, but there are many stupid and insensitive comments from posters like lady-glow, who not only insult others but also disrespect their religion and rituals.
And by the ways, there are many recent submissions those were allowed, which were far away from paranormal and a sure headache.
And miracle was defending them by an excuse of the training of new moderator. Please keep a track of those before alleging me of anything. And that goes for everyone here.
holychants7 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Granny,

Thanks for the link. I have read the comments. Still not able to find out what good-ghost's rage is all about? I personally thought her to be a nice person judging by the stories of hers. So quite difficult for me to understand why is she being so rude. She might have been hurt by some comments, I don't know.

While looking at the other side of the picture, I think good-ghosts you surely sound rude.

You cannot judge your mods, it is their job. Leave it to them. If you have any doubts, you could have been a little polite, that wouldn't have portrayed you as rude and aggressive.

I am sure you will sort it out someday.

By the way granny, you rock!

Regards,
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
holychants7: If you read the comments on this thread, you'll understand:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=8945
holychants7 (1 stories) (13 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Hey, just a question. After such a beautiful account and lovely stories, why is your karma negative.

Don't mind. Just asking.

Respectfully
holychants7 (1 stories) (13 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Wow! What an account.

I am here (YGS) since may 2014, but only read the stories never have signed in. On that line, today is my first day 😆

I have read so many horrifying stories here, so thought of reading something about love. And your story is AWESOME!

I truly think that only a handful of stories portray such emotions as are in yours. If the read is so heart-touching, the actual experience would have had been just unimaginable. You are indeed lucky to have it to your account. The experience is just commendable.

Thanks for sharing. It goes straight to my favourites.

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!
good-ghosts (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Hello sushantkar,
I am happy you like it. My grandparents are very dear to me and so is this incidence. Everytime someone appreciate this incidence, I am overwhelmed with joy and old memories. 😊
Thank you!
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Hello good ghost! It was really a fascinating story you have shared with us. The title of the story purely justifies it.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Regards
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-02)
Wow... All I can say.
I'm truly speechless!
That's true... Even I've experienced a similar incident.
Really their love is eternal.
good-ghosts (6 stories) (42 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
Thank you all for your lovely and encouraging comments. They really mean a lot to me. 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
Hi, good-ghosts... I also believe that soul once do visit (I've not experienced such things but I do believe) ... This is an eternal love on which world is still exist.

Thanks for sharing. 😁
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Wow, very nice story, very positive experience, I don't know if paranormal experiences can get much more better (good) than this.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Very sweet. I agree that souls do visit the ones they care most about. I'm happy for your mother that she got to witness such a beautiful thing. I hope your grandfather felt comfort in hearing so. I have a feeling he's seen her too at some point 😊
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Awww this is a really sweet story. I love it! 😁 thanks for sharing with us!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
oh my... How adorable, cute, sweet, etc. I believe she's waiting for him to join her. ❤ ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: