You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Deceased, Happy, And Excited Step Grandpa

Real Ghost Stories

Deceased, Happy, And Excited Step Grandpa

 

To begin, I would like to clear up that I am NOT an adult, if it states so. I'm actually pretty young.

A couple weeks ago on the night of Christmas Eve, I was in my mom's room, straightening my hair for our traditional Christmas dinner. It was two nights before our one-week long vacation to Colorado.

My mom's stepdad has passed away of severe cancer that had spread all over his body about two years ago. He was an absolutely humorous and jokey man. Let's name him Richy.

Having lots of paranormal experiences, I am not very scared of things that randomly pop up in my daily life basis. My mum's bathroom isn't very big, as our house is small and cozy. Looking into my mirror, I almost felt a presence of something standing behind me, almost as if this presence of something or someone was urging him/herself to do something, as if they were telling themselves, "Do it now! No wait, ok. Now do it! No, do it now!" This continues for a few minutes. Then, I feel the presence quickly run out of the bathroom and out my mom's bedroom door.

The fire alarm goes off, the one right outside my mom's bedroom door. I turn off my straightener (just making sure nothing starts a fire), turn around, and take the abrupt right out the bedroom door. My twin sister, 'Eliza,' walks out our bedroom door - which is exactly to the left of the stairs - with brush in hand and scolds me. "Bella, you set the alarm off!" She sassily accused me. I felt the same presence happily running down the stairs, yet rushing to get out of the house, almost like it knew it was known but didn't want to be. To top off all of it, I actually saw a black silhouette-ish looking thing running down the stairs then dissolve right before it reached the end of the double flight of stairs. The fire alarm went off as soon as 2/3 of my sisters were out of their bedrooms (the third one was with a friend.) "Your smoke from the straightener set off the alarm, you idiot!"

"Eliza, no it didn't. There wasn't even smoke coming off the straightener." [I deeply apologize in advance if this sounds like a corny thriller story, this actually took place.] 'Alexa,' my other sister came out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel. "What the heck?" Alexa questioned.

"Gosh, Bella, stop it with your little white lies!" Eliza accused me. I was really upset that she was accusing me. I did not feel like sharing what I just felt and saw with my sisters, as I get very observant and quiet sometimes after I experience the paranormal. I walk back into my mom's bathroom and continue steaming my hair. Several minutes pass and I see a white orb appear in the middle of the mirror and travel diagonally up to the right and it was not very big. It was visible in the mirror for about two seconds. No, I was just imagining that, I thought. The mirror is dirty afterall, I excused.

The next day at my grandma's house, my mom tells my grandma, 'Ky,' about my experience. I told my mom everything and that I felt like it was Richy. "Bella," my mom said. "Ky told me she visited Richy's grave a couple days ago."

"Oh, so it was grandpa no doubt." I was beaming. I felt pretty prideful my step-grandpa contacted me again. "I bet he was wishing you guys good luck for your trip to Colorado!"

***

Two weeks later, after we got back from Colorado, I watched the Sixth Sense staring Bruce Willis with my family. This was after we watched the movie. We were sitting in the family room, talking about the movie and my mom pulls up an article about the paranormal. She was reading it out loud to herself. "Bella, listen to this. This thing says that the spirits of grandfathers tend to set off fire alarms and spirits drain lots of energy from technology to briskly move around."

"See, I told you!" I teased my stepdad, 'Al.' I told him that spirits can mess with technology. "I just felt like grandpa wanted to see all of us out of our rooms, mess with us by setting off the alarm, and was excited to just see all of us rounded up before we went on this trip."

What do you guys think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bella714, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
I find this story eerily similar to the one posted here:
Https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100602064730AArh3jQ
Which may explain the so-called "article" she claims her "mother found". Heck, this Yahoo question may have even been posted by our new YGS member.
There is also a comment here:
Http://ghosthuntingsecrets.com/blog/?p=11
Which is strikingly similar to the Yahoo question.
So while I don't doubt that the OP has experienced what she believes are paranormal events, and I think it's possible her alarm went off, I think this story seems very embellished.
The adjectives and verbs don't throw me. My old journal entries read similarly, almost like a novel.
The little lies and half-truths, however, do throw me.
I'm going to chalk this up as a story loosely based on true events, dosed with a bit of embellishments and made-up facts.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Bella - don't waste your time rewriting and resubmitted this story. As a mod, I can assure you it won't be published because it is already a story on our site. And quite honestly, admitting you lied doesn't change the fact that you did. Our members will more than likely have a hard time believing a rewritten story because it seems a whole lot less believable then. You can add whatever you want in the comments, but making demands as you have probably didn't win anyone over either.

My personal opinion is you should just cut your losses on this story.
bella714 (1 stories) (2 posts)
-4
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Dear fellow YourGhostStories users,

Thank you for your input on my age, but it should not affect your daily life basis, nor should it affect this story. I do not want to hear what you have to say about my age. Thanks.

Secondly, I apologize that you don't believe my story. I am aware that it does, in fact, sound made up. I would love to rewrite this story if you cooperate with my statements.

Thirdly, I did not check up on that article my mother read to me and that was a mistake on my part. Lieing about my age was also a mistake on my part. Please avoid that incident, for I will rewrite this story and make sure it doesn't sound like some goofy story. I apologize for that and should've acknowledged it sooner.

To ifihadyoux, thank you. Cancer is a horrible thing placed in our world.

To conclude, I have great respect for all your input, and great respect for all of you people. Thanks again!

Bella
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Ok...ok...so Bella apparently 'oopsed' about her birth year when signing up - but on the upside, she told us right away. Clearly that was not an attempt to get away with it then - otherwise why tell us?
But the story itself? Hmmm... I think maybe like one of those movies 'based on an actual event' and heavily embroidered for drama's sake.
Notjust, can pet your bunny too?
Angel9090 (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
It sounds like a co-incidence and why would you not put down your correct age? I know that there are a lot of folks on here who claims that they are teenagers but in reality they are a lot younger that they say they are and lie about their age to talk BS on the site.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
bella714, when you initially sign up to the site, it asks for the date of birth and so, its your mistake first of all to have given a wrong date of birth.

Secondly, as every one feels, I also feel that it is too dramatic and yes, it looks like a thriller "story". I think its just out of imagination.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
I'm with everyone else on this one. This was a word salad. Too many adverbs and adjectives all scrambled up.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
I agree with the fact that not being honest when imputing your age does make most of us instantly suspicious of the story. How old are you? I think young adult starts at 20 on this site?

I also have never heard of the grandfather ghosts setting of fire alarms. I even looked it up, trying to find something that sounds similar. All I found were stories when people were wondering if fire alarms going off were set off by people they loved who had passed. One would think if your mom found it so easily, everyone else could find it as well.

Did anyone check the batteries in the fire alarm?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
ditto Swims...I'm not sure about this. Going to the fence for a sit and pet my bunny
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Hmmmmmmmmmm0mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmBut it was nicely written.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
bella714 - I Googled to see if I could find anything referencing grandparents setting of alarms as an indication they are around. I found nothing to support that. And I have to agree with the others who feel your story is either made up, or you are very dramatic. And I also agree with your assessment. It does sound like a corny thriller story.

The fact that you acknowledged the possibility of you being considered an adult leads me to believe you knew what you did when you put an incorrect age. People have a tendency to disbelieve the events in a story when someone lies about their age.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Not an adult? You're the one who put your age in, so that mistake lies with you.
Grandfather ghosts in particular like to set off fire alarms? That's a new one. I'd love a link to that article...?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
bella714- Welcome to YGS. I have to say it is an interesting concept with the fire alarms. We have a "button pusher" that messed with our smoke alarm not long ago (see story "Recent Indoor Activity") however I don't think it was any of our grandfathers. Four in all. I do agree that spirits themselves will use technology for energy though.

Thanks for sharing
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
If the site says you're an adult, you put in your birthday wrong because there is a category for teenagers. If you're not even a teenager I don't think you're supposed to be using the site. I could be wrong, but just saying.

I am sorry for the loss of your step grandfather. Cancer truly sucks.

Ok I can't get through the story because this seems more like you made it up versus an actual telling. No actual telling is that descriptive in adverbs and adjectives like this one is.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: