You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Waiting For The Deceased

Real Ghost Stories

Waiting For The Deceased

 

I was listening to one of my favorite Japanese Ghost story teller on YouTube this afternoon. It was about a journalist interviewing a spirit. I will not say the details since it is not related to my experience at all. (I may comment the story of the journalist interviewing a spirt if requested.)

Listening to that I remembered a few years ago when I still was working for a company in Nagoya.

We had our morning meeting like usual. We were waiting for our manager in the meeting room like any usual morning.

We heard his foot steps from the quiet corridor "Clok... Clok... Clok..." It stopped right in front of the meeting room that we are in. We smelled his cigarette smoked body odor.

We were just all waiting for the door to open.

"Tanaka-san?" One of my coworker called the name of our manager, but it remained quiet. "Do you need us to open the door for you?" Another coworker asked, but there was no answer. Then another coworker was going to stand up and open the door.

Suddenly we heard someone in high heels rushing to our meeting room. The door opened right after 4 quick knocks.

"Good morning everyone, this is a sudden announcement... Your manager... Tanaka Mg. Was injured during a car accident this early morning... We were notified by his daughter (our manager was a single father)...that he has passed away just now."

We are all shocked... So shocked that no words came out of our mouths... We felt really sad for his daughter and was surprised how calm his daughter was being able to call her father's company explaining this shockingly sad situation...

RIP for Tanaka-san, hopefully he gets some rest...

Other hauntings by blosomes

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blosomes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-03-02)
Rajine!
Yes, it was a sad story... Not to say more but the on going wars around the world are making lots of tragic stories too, sure there will be lots of spiritual events going on too.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-03-01)
Hi blosomes

That really is a tragic story, and I think you're right, if a person feels strongly about something, they will continue to feel that way even after passing on.
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-02-29)
Hey Rajine!
That story is actually spoken by a journalist who worked during the Iraq war... It is kind of sad.
The journalist... Let's call her... Anna.
Anna was with her crew interviewing and taking photos at a bombed hospital... Let call that B hospital.
The B hospital was once ran by a local rich-man, Mr B or Sir B? The hospital was bought by the government after B's death. It is rumored that many important governors stayed there either hiding or curing... And so it was bombed... Anna's crew somehow got a chance to contact the person in charge of the hospital. They did a phone interview with Anna and decided to meet up.
The day came when they meet up, the person in charge never showed up. Crew members decided the find the person in charge by themselves...
Anna was with one of the crew and they decided to ask local people about that person in charge hoping to get a clue on where he was. Most local shook their heads when they heard his name but one of them caught their attention.
That local person told them that the name of that person in charge is like the rich-man's who ran the B hospital. But Sir B and his families and people related to him are murdered decades ago even the youngest daughter who was in the US was found dead mysteriously.
So, who were they interviewing if that local person was telling them the truth...
That is kind of how the story went and ended without an end 🤔
Not quite like my experience but if spirits still have strong thoughts they may do something that they will even after death is kind of what it reminded me of.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-02-27)
Hi blosomes

He must have been very dedicated to his work, that even in death his spirit still found his way to the office.

An interview with a ghost? I wonder what that's like?...
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-02-27)
Linjahaha
Hmm... I don't know if he ever "appeared" again since I moved back to Brazil, São Paulo, then here I am in Hokkaido, Japan.
It was my last job as an office worker. Too much happened lol

CrimsonTopaz
Yea, I was curious too. I heard that his daughter went back to her mother's family or some relatives on her mother's side... Tanaka-san was a lonely guy after all, because I heard that he lost his parents during a fire? I grew up with a fireman who adopted him as his stepson. Ah... To complicated 😐
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-02-26)
Blosomes, Tanaka-son came to say goodbye. May he RIP. Very sad for his daughter who is on her own now. Is she old enough to live without her parents or did she have to go to stay with a family member?
Linjahaha (24 stories) (129 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-02-23)
Hi blosomes: I agree. It is just possible that the meeting was, in fact, the last thought in his mind. When he passed so suddenly, & unexpectedly the shock blotted out the accident, & he was inclined to his usual routine for a brief period.
When the secretary showed up to announce the sad news 'that' may have 'snapped' him out of it to the realization that he was no longer in his physical body. Just 'my' input here mind you.
Have you, or the others, noticed his presence in any other way since then? Please let us know. This was a short account, but a 'very' good read nonetheless. Thanks for submitting it!

Take Care! 😊 😊
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-02-23)
Hi lady-glow!
Yea, now that you said so it will be strange to smell the person before the door will open, but it was that "normal" that no one noticed the oddness of that.
And yes, he was definitely there I can tell though there is no prove 😢
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-02-23)
Hi blosomes.

The first thing that would had made me think that something was off, would have been to "smelled his cigarette smoked body odor" even behind a closed door.

I guess he was thinking about that meeting just before his passing.

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: