You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Deformed Spirit Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Deformed Spirit Encounters

 

I have seen on multiple occasions strange spirits. These spirits don't normally do anything, they don't even move. The only thing they seem to do is stare, sometimes at nothing specific and sometimes at me or other people. They usually slouch and have a blueish to greyish color. They also tend to be disproportionate, they don't have noses or lips, they just have eyes.

I saw the first one about a year ago looking out of the window of a business that was closed for the day. At the time I thought nothing of it. Then about a month after that I saw another standing at the side of the road. It looked at me for a while then it looked at the people passing by. I started to notice them more frequently and after a while I just stopped seeing them.

I started to see them again late November. I get very nervous when I see them. However, I only see about 1 or 2 every 2-3 weeks. So far I haven't seen one since about 2 weeks ago. I apologize for not having any specific dates, I try to put these encounters behind me. Thinking about it, I don't think I have ever seen one outside of a building or by the street.

I'm not sure if these types of spirits are normally encountered, I have done a little bit of research but I can't find anything. A couple things to note, my family does tend to have "visions", not sure if that's true though. My family members sometimes talk about seeing spirits. I usually see them anywhere from late fall to early spring, but I have seen one hanging around a graveyard during the summer. Any information as to what they are or how to ignore them would be appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pigfish, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-17)
Hello, Pigfish.
I've been reading this site for a decade, but I finally joined this afternoon so that I could raise a question or two. First, let me state that I do believe you saw these individual entities. My concern is the cyclical nature of your experiences; do you see them when you've got accumulated stress/guilt, or a particularly stressful obligation/deadline to meet? If you keep a journal tracking the manifestations for 3 months or so, there may be a correlation between your sightings and your workload.
IF that is the case, there is a possibility your brain is objectifying your stressors as creepy but harmless mild hallucinations. (I had to stop playing the video game Myst back in the 90s because I'd see buildings from the game out of the corner of my eye while driving to a stressful job. Your observations sound more like The Silents from 'Doctor Who,' so if you happen to watch sci-fi programs, this is a possibility).
HOWEVER, if you recognized none of the references in the previous paragraph, and your journal reveals no correlation at all, then you need to speak with more experienced members of your "gifted" family to learn to cope with accepting what you see. Repressing or ignoring an already-extant ability will cause you to doubt your senses, your judgement, and your world. It would be better to deal with this now than trying to hide from it and causing yourself psychological issues.
PLEASE, in either case, don't lie to yourself about what you are seeing when they appear. Sometimes, entirely benign manifestations can become agitated/offended by perceived rudeness, just like everyone else.
Update us if their behavior or demeanor changes.
Best of luck,
Bibliothecarius.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Val, maybe that is it. That would seem to be a logical explanation for my current confusion lol
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
elnora - lateral thinking: maybe she meant: outside of either in a building or by the street she she hasn't seen one? (Like at home.)
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
I think that the poster is trying to say that other than outside and by the street, she's never seen one. That she's never had an experience inside of a house. I think. Maybe? But that doesn't really make sense because one was looking out a window from inside a closed store, then one was on the street and one was in a cemetery.

This comment started with me thinking I had figured it out. That feeling didn't last long.

Help?
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
I have the same question as the one Val presented. It seems odd to have seen one just a paragraph before but then forget that experience in the next paragraph.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
I'm just the tiniest bit confused here. In the beginning you said, "...I saw another standing at the side of the road," but in the next paragraph you state, "Thinking about it, I don't think I have ever seen one outside of a building or by the street." Can you clarify this for me? I must be missing something.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
PigFish,
You say they have a grayish/blueish color and don't have lips or noses, (I'm assuming they don't have ears either) so what your describing to me looks like one of those grey space Martians/aliens.
I'm wondering why there staring at you, I know you don't know, but I don't know who would know, except for these things themselves, they could be trying to tell you something, if they are there not much help cause they don't talk. If you remember anything else or if something else happens; update us.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Pigfish- That is some odd beings for sure. What I take from the story is they were observing. Now the size, shape and color is something to be wowed over but from your story they did not interact with the living.

It seems they come in different shapes and sizes. I spent one Saturday with "Mr. Winfred". All he did was observe what I did all that day. I find it quite curious to why they do what they do. Are they doing it for themselves or for someone/something else? Is it their purpose? Sorry, rambling again but has me wondering.

Thanks for sharing.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Erm, me personally I would see this as a gift rather than a curse, though I can imagine it being frightening and you associating it with something negative. Have you had talks with your family about who sees spirits? They would be the best to ask about how to ignore them and find out more information. I personally would be trying to find out why they are stuck here and if I could help them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: