You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Two Ghosts In White, Pressed, Linen Robes. No Faces-no Feet

Real Ghost Stories

Two Ghosts In White, Pressed, Linen Robes. No Faces-no Feet

 

My story took place several weeks after witnessing a fatal car vs bike accident. I was in second grade. The year would have been 1969. Location, right in front of my house in Pembroke Pines, FL.

Howard was a neighbor kid, he had been hit by a car. His handlebars impaled his abdomen. The police were called numerous times by numerous neighbors. In 1969 there was not an emergency number like 911 to call. What happened that day was truly a tragedy. An ambulance finally arrived more than an hour after the accident, it was too late for Howard. He bled out long before the ambulance came.

Several weeks, maybe months, had passed. I was sleeping with my little brother. Sometime after midnight I suddenly awoke. There were two people standing at the foot of my bed. I thought it was my older sisters but when I called out to them they didn't answer.

I ran across the room and woke my little brother. I was trying to show him the two people at the foot of my bed, but he said he could not see them.

For whatever reason I walked up to them, one was small like me, the other was much taller. That is when I realized they had no feet nor faces. They were wearing white robes. The robes were hooded, appeared to be linen and had pleats that were crisp and perfect.

When I finally realized they weren't family I became frightened. I didn't know what to do, I was standing inches from them. Suddenly I started spouting, "In the name and power of Jesus Christ I demand you to leave". I repeated it twice, they floated out of my room through a wall.

I went back to my brother who by this point must have thought that I was nuts. I convinced him that I must have been having a bad dream and we should just go back to sleep.

A short time later I woke once again to the same two beings at the foot of my bed. I woke my brother again, then chased them away again. Exactly the same way as the first time. I really wish that I wasn't so frightened. I wish I knew why they came to me.

Several years later I found out that the woman that hit Howard with the car committed suicide shortly after the accident. I wonder if she and Howard were the ones that came to visit? Really weird.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bham, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Wow...what a story. Sad, funny, cute. Thank you for sharing. I found it very endearing picturing a young lad being pretty brace actually, and then there's your brother like 😕 lol... You probably scared him just as badly as you were scared.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
It was a big city thing until the later seventies, I believe. One of the main reasons it was adapted it that people realized that it was odd to have different numbers for different things and things got messy if people called the wrong place. The Eastern coastline adapted it much faster than the Midwestern areas. That is why I mentioned the operators:P They work exactly like dispatchers do now.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
elnora - I was born in '65 and in the 70s we still had party lines 😆 I had no idea 9-1-1 was in effect that many years ago (geez, has to be a better way to phrase that LOL).
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
One thing- 9-1-1 was around in 1969, though it was still fairly young. Before that, you would simply call the department or get a hold of an operator. The operator would inform the department and they would dispatch (just like how 9-1-1 calls go to dispatch, who then inform the department themselves). I focus on weird details. It's a personalty flaw.

Other than that, the story was very interesting. I don't know if they are connected to the boy who died, but they definitely seemed to want your attention. Were you close to the boy who passed?
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Something like that is harsh to witness, even for an adult, let alone a small child. Amazing that you were not traumatized for life.
Please understand that I am not trying to take away or cast doubt on your account in anyway. But the way you describe the spirits, is very similar to the way they were depicted in most Merry Melody and other cartoons at that time. Perhaps not so 'pressed' looking but extremely close. Maybe, they chose this form to A) as Miracles said, to not freak you out more than need be, B) so that you would understand they were indeed spirits. Perhaps, this was Howard's way of showing you that he was 'OK' and being cared for. Even though it did scare you in the long run, I think it was meant to be comforting.
Thanks for an interesting read.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
bham- Wow, that must have been something to experience at such a young age. It is a shame your brother could not have shared it with you.

I am in agreement with Miracles with it being Howard and either a family member or the lady that hit Howard. Maybe Howard felt the need to give you closer on his death. I am guessing he thought a lot of you.

Really good share. I dig stories like this.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
interesting theory. I've never heard of it before but I can certainly see how that would come into play!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
ifi - theory on that, if you're interested 😉 Our o/p was a child and to most children (that I know at least), the white robes represent angels. So, in order not to freak bham out anymore than he was, they appeared in angelic form. I think as a child, unless he (anyone) is brought up in our world, to see someone whom you know has died, might be startling.

Just a theory, mind you LOL
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
my only weird thing is that they were in white robes. It's not uncommon that they don't have feet or faces honestly, but the robes part is weird.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
bham - I truly enjoyed reading this experience and am glad you chose to share it with us. I do believe the little boy was Howard. I'm of two opinions about the other spirit you saw. One is that it is possible the other was the woman. The other opinion I have is it could have been one of Howard's relatives or even one of yours.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
TuBZ - I can't answer for bham, but I can say that I experienced something similar. I saw the ghost of a little girl and I couldn't see her feet nor her mouth but the rest of her was as clear and solid as looking at my own child.
TuBZ (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Hey bham. Really did enjoy reading your story. Its a shame to hear about your neighbour. I've been puzzling over why they're faces or feet weren't there... Anyhow, nevertheless I enjoyed it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: