You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Have A Double

Real Ghost Stories

I Have A Double

 

This story actually happened to my late mother when I was visiting her in the Philippines one summer. The story goes like this...

So I went to the Philippines to spend my summer there. I got invited to a house party and ended up spending the night over. I came home around 8 or 9ish in the morning and went straight to my bedroom to sleep some more. I saw my mom cleaning fish in the kitchen and said hi to her and that I am going to sleep some more.

About an hour later she said she saw me on her peripheral sight go out of my room and went straight to the living room and turn the TV on. She then called for me because she needed something from the store and asked me if I could get it for her. Of course no one answered. She then called my name again, and again no one answered. After the second attempt she went to the living room to ask me why I was ignoring her call to find no one there. And you know the creepy part, the TV was on.

She then went to my room and woke me up. She asked me if I was just in the living room and of course I said no. I told her I've been sleeping the whole entire time. She thought I was kidding because she said she swear she saw me getting out of my room to the living room and turned the TV on. I told her I don't think watching TV will help with my hangover and if I got up, I would probably go to the kitchen to get water instead of watching TV. That left a confused look to my mom's face and up to this date I could never explain what happened.

Just a question though, what is a doppelganger? Is it a ghost/spirit? Is it a demon?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, buffpanda87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
It sounds like a demon to me. Did your mom ever talk about anything strange or unusual happening in the house? If her house is haunted, it's probably a demon, because only a demon can take the shape of a living life form. It sounds more plausible than a time slip. You said you hadn't been there for 9 or 10 years so I think a demon is the better explination.
buffpanda87 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-30)
I understamd that this may have been just a case of sleep walking but I never sleep walk before. Also I grew up in California and I have been gone for at least 9-10 years when this happened. I also visited her multiple times and have gotten drunk and did the same thing before but there was nothing happened like this one. All I'm saying is, this was just weird.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Hi, buffpanda87 I am agree with Griff84 here... I don't think it is some ghost thing.
DOA-Spirit (13 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
The most common Doppleganger is from German folklore, translates as double goer and means different things depending who sees it. Worth googling as other cultures use the word too.

Really like Miracles residual theory. I'm a big believer in residual haunts and energy in general. For some reason I've only ever associated it with the dead until now, that's really got me thinking.

Anyway I think Griff and Miracles are on the right track here.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
I like Miracles' theories on this story. Especially the residual one.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
I was thinking along the same lines as Griff: sleepwalking. Even it it only happened the one time, it could still be sleepwalking. My son has done something very similar. Gotten up while sleeping, gotten in bed with me and ask me the next morning how he got there.

As for doppelgangers, well let's say there are different thoughts/ideas/theories about them. One theory is doppelgangers are harbingers of death. I personally don't believe that. You can google doppelganger and find several different links that can provide you with more information.

I have a question that may lead to another possible explanation for what happened. The home your mother lived in, you said you spent the summer there, right? There is also something we loosely refer to as living residual. It's when someone does the same thing many times (don't know how many LOL) and it creates energy. Sort of like pacing: walking back and forth, back and forth. This can create energy of a living person. So, if you were known to get up, go to the living room, and turn on the TV it is possible you stirred up enough energy to create a living residual of yourself.

I'm full of theories today 😆 None of which may be true but theories nonetheless.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
I agree with Griff on this one. It's highly possible in your hung-over state you just glitched getting up out of your memory.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Hi buffpanda87, welcome to YGS.

I think you could either have been in a 'morning after the night before' haze and done these things and you just don't remember (it have done that... Got up, realised I wasn't anywhere near ready and it was a bad idea, and gone back to bed), you could have been sleep walking, or as Ifi has already said, your mother could have just been mistaken.

Thanks for sharing 😊
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
I don't think it's a demon. I think it's possible your mom was just seeing things, it happens. Has this incident occurred again?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: