You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghostly Double Of My Aunt

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghostly Double Of My Aunt

 

She's definitely free-spirited. She easily laughs her hear out even at the lamest joke. She's my aunt, the coolest woman you'd ever met. Yet, behind her laughter are stories that tested her faith and courage. I don't know, but I admire her for that matter because living in a haunted place (The one I mentioned in my past story entitled " A Cranky Voice from the Grave") would surely make your screws loose. So, let me relate this nerve-wracking event that knocked her over.

This happened 4 years before her eldest daughter, her son-in-law, and her grandchildren moved in to her house after staying in an apartment 5 blocks away from our place. She'd been already hearing scary stories from her other children. From the sound of silverwares and kitchen utensils that seemed being banged against the wall at the wee hours of the morning to the familiar voices heard upstairs. But, she would just shrug her shoulders off and would just ask them to be brave amidst those happenings because it's their house, they needed to protect it no matter what.

Eventually, life went on for the four of them (This was the time when her eldest daughter had not decided yet to move out of the apartment). Her 3 children were usually out of the house in the morning and went back before 7 in the evening. As usual, she would just do her routine but this particular day was fateful, more likely, dreadful because as she was wiping the mirror in their hallway, she heard a sound downstairs like someone was keeping the silverwares in stack and wiping the tiles. She just remembered that her daughters hadn't been home yet because it was only around 10 am. What gave her the chills was the fact that no one answered back when she tried calling her daughters' names yet someone was still doing the errands in the kitchen. She pulled herself together then went downstairs to check it but it what happened next seemed like a nightmare. She saw herself standing in the kitchen and wearing the usual dress she wears in the morning. That's it! She ran out of the house crying. She rushed to my granny's house panting and telling us that she saw her doppelganger. Good thing the doppelganger didn't face her because she knew that was a sign of death.

Despite this ordeal, my aunt decided to return to the house with her friends. Up to this day, we couldn't forget her tale of horror.

Other hauntings by batchiebones

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, batchiebones, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
I think it might be a timeslip too. If it was an evil entity like a demon- I think it would have manifested itself again in some other form- like someone else in the family or a black shadow or even a little kid (which demons like to do so an adult thinks it's vulneravle). I've always wondered if there was anyone who had ever witnessed a doppleganger- and I'm glad your aunt just experienced a timeslip! Take care and God Bless!
batchiebones (7 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
To Silverwolf77, Winipu4 and Ashar...

Thanks guys for sharing your thoughts about my story. Yeah, I believe that it might be a time anomaly... I remember our lesson about Multiverse theory that we might be having like more than 10 dimensions including our own dimension and sometimes we might be seeing ourselves from the other universe at the same time. I hope that it really has a scientific explanation because if there is none, I guess my family is in big trouble... 😭
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-12)
A very freaky story 😨

And I agree with winipu4

A nice story, thanks for sharing. 😊
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
Hello:

I agree with the SilverWolf; that it may have been a timeslip, some sort of time anomaly. The other theory that stands out in my mind is that I think there are certain places that retain residual energy more readily and play things back like a recorder. Maybe it doesn't even have to be from the past. Perhaps the dimension recording and replaying these events doesn't follow the same timestream as ours, meaning anything from any time could be played back.
Of course, it could indeed be an intelligent haunting; an entity mimicking the occupants.
Science does not yet have a way to explain time anomalies or residual energy replaying events, but maybe in the future the it will be discovered.
It would be VERY creepy to see one's self, though! Very interesting and thought-provoking.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
Hi batchiebones, I haven't read your other story. I will for sure. This one is really scary. I could feel how your aunt must have felt and that too being a very courageous person.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
Either a doppelganger or some weird anomaly in the flow of time where she crossed paths with a past or future instance of herself.

Creepy either way.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: