You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Seeing Double

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Double

 

Just wanted to share one of the few odd experiences I've witnessed.

A little about me: I'm from Traverse City, MI and have always been more of the skeptical type. However, the paranormal is always something that's fascinated me and wish I did have more experiences. The quick story I'm sharing with you today is really the only paranormal experience I've ever had.

The event took place around 2002 and I was 20 at the time. It was a Saturday and with nothing better to do, I decided to head over to the mall and roam around. One of my normal stops was the video game store where I would spend several minutes browsing the latest video games and deals.

After quickly realizing there was nothing of interest to buy, I proceeded to walk out of the store and head towards the exit. I took no more than 5 steps out of the store when out of the corner of my eye, I noticed my cousin Kyle walking by me. I took a double take and turned to watch him walk away from me. I was rather baffled by this because Kyle was a pretty close cousin to me and had been away at college. It was strange that he wouldn't have acknowledged me, but my rational brain concluded that it was either someone that looked just like him or he just didn't notice me, so I proceed on my way towards the exit.

Now this is where my mind was blown. I took no more then another 20 steps or so and to my absolute shock, walking towards me is no other than Kyle! He noticed me as well and flagged me down. Greeted me and told me how he was in town for the weekend visiting his parents. I asked him just out of curiosity if he had already been in this area of the mall yet (even though I knew it couldn't have been possible) and he explained that he hadn't been, he just got to the mall and was heading towards the food court. I didn't bother explaining what had happened and we said our goodbyes.

I remember being confused for the longest time about my experience, since this was before I heard about the doppelganger phenomenon. I've only shared my experience with a handful of people prior to this story and it's something that has always been stuck so vividly in my mind.

Thanks for allowing me to share my one and only paranormal experience!:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pkrexer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-23)
Omg I havheard so many same stories like this one. Many people have seen a person they know at a place who doesn't reapond to them or ignores them and than they see that same person at that same place and now that person interacts with them like normal. Many a times the person tjey have seen is also wearing the same cloths and doinf the same things. I would love to know the reality behind this thing.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
It may have been a doppelganger, it certainly is odd that you had actually seen the real Kyle also. And in the same place.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Hi pkrexer, welcome to YGS.

My initial though to this is could your cousin not have doubled back without you seeing, and then greeted you as you would have expected. Perhaps as he walked past you originally, he didn't see you until late, and thinking you didn't see him, he came back around. I must admit, I have done this myself.

Its just an idea, thanks for sharing
😊
kathleen16 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
greetings from Malaysia,

I have heard the same thing in my country, and we believed that if you saw a double of someone you knew, you should never ever tell that person, because the person will die. I don't know how or why, but we hold on to that belief. (maybe its a good thing that you didn't tell him what you saw) anyway, take care and hope you will have more encounters with supernatural. 😊 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: