You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Vicky's Double

Real Ghost Stories

Vicky's Double

 

This isn't so much a ghost story, more a doppelganger story but it sort of counts.

I had a school friend Vicky who was always chronically late. When I got home from school that day, my mum said, 'Oh I saw your mate Vicky walking along after I dropped you off.'

'Yeah she is always late,' I replied. My mum described the clothes Vicky was wearing - school uniform, with a white scarf and an inappropriately short skirt for winter, with bare legs, red from the cold (she is Scottish and we used to joke she feels the cold less than us soft southerners!) I was just about to say 'but she was wearing trousers today,' when my mum stopped me. She said 'and then I drove on, and on a different road further along, saw Vicky again, walking with her brother.'

My mum was so confused, she had to pull over and make sure she was seeing what she was seeing (she didn't drive back to see if she could spot the first Vicky). The 'real' one was wearing trousers. I would normally dismiss this as mistaken identity if it wasn't for the fact my mum is really good at recognizing people and Vicky with her red, frozen legs and tiny skirt is hard to mistake. She's facially quite distinctive looking too, with very thick eyebrows, a weirdly cut fringe at the time, unusually crooked teeth, turned up nose, tall and very pale. One theory I have is that she could have been anxious about being late for school and astrally projected herself further along in her journey. My mum was so freaked out over this, she couldn't stop thinking about it! It just seems weird that there would be two people who were both in the school uniform, both late, who both looked like Vicky. There was no one else in the school who looked like her.

It's not the first doppelganger story I have - I wrote one about a friend a few years ago. It seems a lot of people on this site have had experiences like this, so that was my contribution!

Other hauntings by ladycastlemaine

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladycastlemaine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-02)
Wonderful experience I am very glad you shared! If anything else Happens I hope you keep us posted. Doppelgänger stories are interesting I like to read about them. Sorry if I spelled that wrong.
Have a good day 😊
Spookie_ (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-12)
Ladycastlemaine,

This experience is really spooky and I also agree with melda mabye you should tell vicky about this.

-Spookie 😊
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-11)
ladycastlemaine - Did you ever tell Vicky about what your mother experienced? If so, it would be interesting to hear what her reaction was.

Regards, Melda
ladycastlemaine (8 stories) (14 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-10)
Thankfully nothing bad seems to have happened to Vicky in the 15 years that have passed!
whitelightlady (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-10)
Hi Ladycastlemaine
Astral projection is a good theory, however, it could be something more dark and sinister. If its a one time thing, that your mum saw, then I would believe it to be astral but if it happens more often then that's freaky and I'd be talking to Vicky about a body cleansing with sage and prayer. Just my thought on it. God bless.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-09)
Ladycastlemaine,

I have absoultely nothing to add as far advice would go.

But I will say this, if had I seen that I would have asked a lot of questions, which would have probably sent me into a research overdrive.

Thats actually interesting and confusing all at the same time.

And astral projection is a good theory.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: