You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Just Curious

Real Ghost Stories

Just Curious

 

I'm 15 years old and have loved the paranormal since I was little. Not that my age or interests are really relevant to the story, but this is my first post and I'm kind of unsure how to start it.

When I was 5-6 years old I slept in a queen bed with my sister and my mum every night. At the time, my family and I were living in a quiet neighbourhood outside of Vancouver. It was the middle of winter when I started waking up every night at around 3am and watched these creatures make their way through my window into my room. There was no way I was dreaming as I remember these occurrences too vividly and experienced things you can't experience when asleep - my mother's breath on my neck next to me, the sound of my father snoring, etc.

There were at least 7 of these creatures although I never paid much attention to any but the one who seemed the most prominent. They were all cartoon-like, and this particular figure had red horns twining above his head, he in no way resembled a human. All I really remember is the horns and the large eyes, always looking over to my direction but never looking quite at me. The rest of the figures just looked like black shadows and I could never make out specific features.

Every single morning at 3am for around a month straight, they would come through my window into my room and always looked as though they were conferring with each other. I would freeze in my place, hiding under my covers but discreetly watching them over the blanket. I specifically remember always needing to clear my throat or change positions but was way too scared to move for fear of one of them noticing me. I was practically frozen in terror for hours until the sun started coming up - this was when they would leave.

One time I coughed when they were leaving but they were only a little ways away from the window. This caused the horned creature to stop in his tracks, turn around and make his way back into my room, gesturing for his friends to follow.

Nothing more than this ever happened and they stopped coming after a while. I have never spoken about this to anyone or even given it much thought as I've always been frightened of it happening again if I paid too much attention to it.

I don't know whether this is paranormal or not and nothing really worth noting has happened to me since. Any ideas of what this could have been about? I've never been one to hallucinate and have always been a relatively healthy person, mentally and physically. Sorry if this was too long or too detailed or you think I'm an idiot, it's just always haunting me at the back of my brain

Any ideas?

Beemizpah

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beemizpah14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

beemizpah14 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-23)
notjustme - the "Rak" creature (page 12) resembles him/it the most!

Melodie - it's really cool to know someone has experienced the same thing. The horned guy did look exactly like a cartoon but I was still so petrified of him; does your aunt have any idea what they could have been?
melodie31293 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-05)
This is very interesting, when my aunt was younger she used to see the same things. Said they looked like cartoon characters as well I always wondered what they were!
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Http://exopolitics.blogs.com/files/russian.secret.alien.races.book.pdf

Did any of these guys look like the horn dude?
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
notjust,
Thanks for the articles. I've always believed our concept of 'time' is some how warped if you will, and a bit unnatural. I understand the 'need' for it, but still...
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Hi beemizpah,
Thanks for answering me so quickly. 😊
I was thinkin about your creature's horns. Perhaps they weren't 'horns' like in a bony projection, but instead of hard packed hair. I say this because Tomtens are very hairy, as are many of the elemental creatures. Just a thought.
beemizpah14 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Tweed- thank you so much for your kind words and your advice:) I'll definitely look into this Scandinavian folklore thing. I might just try to be a bit more inviting and see if I notice anything else strange or unusual, although the idea of doing that is a little unnerving. It is possible I was dreaming but it always felt so real- and as for why I suddenly started thinking about this again I don't really know. Lately it's been nagging at me a lot more than usual which is why I decided to submit a story. I can't seem to get my mind off it for some reason
beemizpah14 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Hey Val, I had a digital clock next to my bed that I looked over at for the first few times it happened and it was always just after 3:) although I guess I don't know for sure If it was the same for every single night after that.
I'm certainly grateful they didn't cause me any harm
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Val - If you are interested in 'time" in the same way as I have been lately, you may find this helpful... Or not

😆 but worth a try

Http://in5d.com/scientists-predict-time-will-stop-completely/

Http://in5d.com/9-tips-on-how-to-escape-artificial-time/
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Question: how do you know it was always 3 AM? I'm just curious about that. (Lately, I seem to have a 'thing' about time 😕.)
Since it went on for a month straight, I doubt you imagined it. How ever, if they were intent on harm, something surely would have happened.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
As an afterthought, 'cause I'm curious, what lead you to think about your experiences all these years later? Did something remind you of them?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Beemizpah, please don't feel stupid. If you read around here you'll find plenty stories not too dissimilar to your own. 😊

Ever since I was a toddler I have seen strange critters coming into my room (via the window too).

It's my feeling they are of 'otherworldly' ilk and they are what people commonly call 'fairies' and/or 'goblins' and the like.

When we are very young we seem to be more open to the spirit realm. As we get older it seems to disappear.
It doesn't have to disappear though. If you never want to see them again, I would do what you're doing and not pay too much attention.

I am the opposite and keep myself open to seeing them and I occasionally do. I mostly hear them though.
I highly doubt they were there to harm any of you.

You may want to research Tomten. They're from Scandinavian folklore, but really I think they dwell almost anywhere. They're nocturnal home/garden dwellers. They're all for protecting what they love. They can get angry if something they care about gets destroyed. They are extremely secretive too.

I've never heard of them having horns though. Hopefully someone can shed some light on that.

Or *drum roll* you could have been experiencing a reoccurring dream! Every night at the same time, it's still possible!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: