You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: I Keep On Seeing Shadow People

Real Ghost Stories

I Keep On Seeing Shadow People

 

This story pretty much sum up what I'm experiencing now. This happened last February and is been happening until now. Out of the corner of my eye, I would see shadows passing by. One time,  I was plugging in the internet when I saw a shadow of what appears to be a kid pass by my window. I looked outside and there was no one there. I told my brother about this and he said maybe it was the neighbor's kid playing tricks on me.

Another time I was doing the laundry when,  out of the corner of my eyes,  I saw two freakish black like shadow hands reach out from the folded clothes. I immediately turn  around to look but it was gone. This scared the crap out of me and made me turn all the lights on inside the apartment. It would also happen when I'm putting the folded clothes in the closet.

This happens quite a lot so my parents insisted on me consulting a psychiatrist thinking I may have been developing some kind of mental illness. Good news is that, I was negative on all tests except for depression and anxiety.

So the doctor gave me some pills saying it would take care of the shadows I've kept on seeing. Well I guess the pills ain't working because I still see them. The doctor doesn't believe me when I say that maybe some kind of paranormal activity is going on. She keeps on insisting that it's because of my depression and anxiety. But honestly, I'm good at all and don't feel depressed or nervous or anything. Does any of you experience this as well? If so feel free to leave a comment.

Thanks for reading and more powers to YGS!

Other hauntings by Zaruje

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zaruje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AmethystBlade (1 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-23)
I'm replying to this so late but oh well.

Hi, I just wanted to say that I'm experiencing the same thing as you. (at least I think so)

I'm half Filipina and my mom is a full filipina, ever since I was a toddler I have been in contact with spirits, but it went overboard one day when I was around 5,so my mom took me back to the Philippines (we live in Sweden) so my grandmother could do some kind of cleaning on me and let's just say that was a long process cause I was there for 6 months.

Anyways ever since, I don't have that much contact with the spirit world anymore. The only thing I can see is shadow people and sometimes talk with them. They don't seem to want to leave me alone
Awoken (2 stories) (21 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
I don't know if what your seeing is real or not based on the story as it stands. That being said; I feel like there are certain facts that could help everyone get a better sense of your experience.
1. What did you feel each time?
2. What time if the day was it?
3. What were you thinking about in those moments.
I guess what I'm asking in short is: Was it just the visual cues that brought these things to your attention or was there something more?
I guess I'm looking for some sort of commonality to tie it all together - a feeling, a smell, a taste in the air... I don't know. I just get the sense there is more to it. Maybe something you didn't notice that chains it all together.
I hope for your sake it isn't real. Forwent sound like friendly visitations to me but I'm no expert.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-01-03)
That you see them out of the corner of your eye rather than in the center of your vision reveals a lot. This is probably neither paranormal nor medical, but the brain processing the visual cues the eyes pick up, and the corner of the eye produces the vaguest cues, and piecing them together into something that "makes sense" but is really just nonsense.

Making a long story short: I once saw a certain city's bus in a different city because, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a city bus, for the city I was in, and a pickup truck of just the right color next to each other.
DirtCreature (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-03)
[at] Darkangel,

Please do not give advice condemning empirical scientific research and meta analysis that has helped so many people cure or treat medical conditions. No one knows what is real and isn't real because there is no scientific confirmation or rejection of preternatural subjects on ghosts, religion, or legend/myth.

A person may be seeing shadow figures because of a medical condition and the best thing they could do is go to a doctor to get a physical and psychological checkup. Nothing is more important than health. Health is more important than clinging to belief systems.

Now, if this person is confirmed healthy with no evidence of mental and/or physical illness, then that is good news! They can proceed to file away their experiences as an interesting encounter and believe whatever they want to about it.

Beware, the senses can be very deceiving. Zaruje, take lady glow's advice and get a full checkup if able to. Performing rituals according to one's beliefs can offer psychological benefits of safety and security. Thank you for sharing.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-03)
Zaruli- Don't let those head doctor's tell you what you know to be true. I have seen shadow people too. Not to your extent. But seriously don't let those doctor's mess you up
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-23)
I definitely think shadow people are real. My husband and myself saw one in our bed room at the same time.
Chznasty (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-22)
I lived in a place that people said was haunted and once in a room where the window opened over the roof I saw three shadows run by out of the corner of my eye. Noone was supposed to be out there on the roof so I ran and looked out the window, noone. It was really weird
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-10)
Reading about what you had experienced here, certainly make me feel it is not just a bout of medical condition but something more to it.
As long as you don't feel threatened by these shadows, do not panic and try to keep yourself focused. Be strong mentally. This would help ward off any approach. But on the contrary, if you feel threatened, it is definitely adviceable to take professional help to get over this. Cleansing, Rituals or any other method in the religion you believe in would help. But do it sooner if you feel threatened and if the fear is taking over you.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-12-05)
Shadow people are fairly well documented as paranormal phenomena go - though there is little concensus on what they really are. Since you have already wisely investigated medical angles and, I believe, ruled them out (I have never heard of mild depression causing hallucinations) - there may well be a paranormal cause to all of this. I think the cleansings are a good idea. Maybe meditation as well - focusing on calming and strengthening yourself.
Kirbyp (1 stories) (15 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-12-04)
Hello Zaruje,
I for one believe you are experiencing some paranormal activity because my mom and I have both seen shadow figures move around in my house. You catch them out of the corner of your eye. I didn't say anything until mom complained about it, then I knew I wasn't imagining things. These shadows occurred on and off over a three year period until I broke up with my ex girlfriend Nikki. I truly believe that she was a conduit for all of my recent activity. Thank you for sharing and I hope your cleansing works. K.P.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-03)
Hi SWS!

I'll definitely try those cleansing methods.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story 😊

Z ❤ ❤ ❤
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-02)
Hello Zuruje,

Its a scary experience seeing shadows unless its family of course.

I've been seeing shadows and spirits for a long time. Many members here on YGS have too. I've been given lots of great advise. Lady-Glow has suggested a cleansing or blessing. That's a great start.

Jubeele told me about self cleansing. That's been really useful too.

Curious Dee told me about Rookdygins cleansing and shielding method. That's been helping me feel safe. From time to time I still see Steven the spirit, however not as much as I used to.

Keep safe and keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-02)
Hi lady!

Yes I already did. In fact I'm wearing glasses to help me see better (nearsighted).

Maybe you're right. Maybe I need to do some cleansing since the medication's not working.

Thank you for reading my story.

Z ❤ ❤ ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-02)
Hello Zaruje - have you get your eyes checked for floaters or for some other condition that can cause these images?

Since the medication prescribed by the psychiatrist hasn't change your condition, perhaps a visit to the optometrist is in order.

If the problem persist, then it might be time to perform a cleansing or blessing of your house in accordance to your personal beliefs.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: