You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Seeing My First Ghost/bonus Story

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing My First Ghost/bonus Story

 

This happened to me when I was in middle school. I used to be scared of the paranormal/unknown so I never really dove into it when I was younger because it would keep me up at night.

I remember being scared to shower with the door closed if nobody was home. This day I was home alone. I turned on the water and jumped into the shower. It was still daylight, my mom and stepdad weren't home from work, my siblings either were in sports or with friends.

My shower is downstairs. If you are in the shower and turn your head to the right, the toilet, sink, mirror and door are right there. Suddenly I got this urge to look towards the right, towards the open door when I saw a half body apparition from the shoulders up. She had tight blonde curls and blood all over her face. I just stared at her, wide-eyed, not knowing how to react. We made eye contact and then she stuck her tongue out at me and disappeared. I was so shaken I jumped out of the shower, dried off and ran upstairs. I never saw her again and that was just the beginning.

I used to sleep with my cat every night. I was scared of sleeping alone and he would bring me comfort and soothe me. One night everyone was getting ready for bed when I left my room to go downstairs to get my cat. I picked him up, heading back up the stairs. I never liked using the bathroom upstairs. All my sibilings used it but it always had this weird feeling to me.

The light in the hallway was on, so was the bathroom light. I got this tingle that started in the back of my neck that shot to the rest of my body. I got this feeling I needed to look into the bathroom. When I did, I saw an apparition of a teenage girl who looked like me: skinny, tall and sandy blonde hair but her eyes were blue, mine are hazel. She was wearing a grey sweatshirt, blue jeans and her hair was in a ponytail. She leaned over like she was picking up something she dropped. When she saw me she was shocked, like I caught her off guard. She looked surprised and then disappeared very fast. All that was left was a faint white mist.

Other hauntings by Moonlitpath

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Moonlitpath, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-27)
How far apart did you see one apparition from the other one? That IS creepy! 😳 The one with blood on her face that stuck out her tongue out at you seems to want to scare you for some reason? The second one sounds like your "doppelganger." There's an old urban legend that it's not good to see it, I don't want to seem negative or scare you. You might want to research that if you've never heard of it. Or I've heard it said we have a life on a different plane, or parallel and you just may have glimpsed a bit of that. What ever the case, it's a scary good story for this time of year. Thank you for sharing.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
I am struck between believing your sightings were residual haunts or intelligent haunts. Both girls definitely reacted to your looking straight at them, but I wonder if the 2nd sighting may have been an action that occurred when the apparition was alive.
Moonlitpath (2 stories) (1 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
Awoken
Yes my cat has reacted to things! Looking all around the room starring off. He's never really been scared of anything. But one night he was feeling very uncomfortable like something was touching him/annoying him. I simply asked for whatever it was to leave him alone you are not welcome to mess with my animals like that. Whatever it was left him alone and he relaxed.
Awoken (2 stories) (21 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
I'm curious if your cat reacted in any way. Cats seem to always have a "sight beyond sight" if you don't mind an 80's cartoon quote. Did your feline friend ever act strangely around you when you had that feeling you weren't alone?
matrix899 (1 stories) (66 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
Interesting account.

I am referring to the encounter in your last paragraph: "When she saw me she was shocked, like I caught her off guard." So, we have a situation where you are both shocked to see each other.

I cannot help speculating that this may be some type of time anomaly, two different periods in time somehow coming into momentary contact. If this is so then this could help explain many apparitions.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: