You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Unforgettable Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

An Unforgettable Encounter

 

This is not my experience,it's my father's experience.

The story goes back to the time when he was in college approximately 30 to 32 years ago. He had a gang of his gregarious friends who roamed about the length of the place they resided. They were really young at that time, so obviously one likes to roam and explore at such an age.

One of the friends of my father told him that there is a fair after 2 villages... Approximately 20 kilometers from here. My father along with his gang of friends agreed to go to the fair as it happened only once an year and was very popular one.

It was rainy season at that time so one of my father's friends suggested that they should take a bicycle so if the street becomes floody they all remain together by holding on to bicycle. In those days the rural areas were not so developed and we did not have cemented roads in villages, it became really tough to cross streets in rainy season as they would all become covered with water and mud.

Now my father with his friends went to fair, enjoyed and started to return. It started to rain really heavily and before they knew it the streets were covered with water and mud. As was their idea to cross the area with their bicycle in water but 20 kilometers seemed really a very tough job. But in those days they didn't think it too hard and they were crossing the area chattering all the time. Night started to flow down and in rural areas people sleep early so it becomes really spooky to travel at night as you see no one near you.

Still they kept going. Suddenly they heard music like that coming from an orchestra. They turned and faintly saw a troupe of 4-5 people singing bhajan (local song sung during prayer). They thought they were people who do bhajans going on boat. They stared as their troupe came closer. As it approached them they were completely astonished. Those people were sitting on seaweeds joined together by threads...OMG... In no time they got it they were ghosts as the seaweeds cannot handle weight of 4 people. They didn't do anything, their troupe passed away and on the way back none of my father's friends or he himself talked. When they finally returned to their hostel room they talked that it was a weird and unforgettable experience.

When I heard this story I didn't believed it until I heard it from his friends too. My father is still in contact with his college Friends. Maybe the people of the troupe were doing bhajan when they drowned in flood that's why they did it when it was floody... Anything is possible.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ashuavee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-05-19)
Ashuavee,

Wow. Good story. I used to do work in Indonesia 25 years ago and recall how quickly dirt roads would wash out. Maybe the god of young partying men wanted these guys to get inside and be safe. We are all a bit reckless at that age. Something tells me they probably took note.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-05-04)
Welcome to YGS.

Ashuavee - I have some questions about your story and will appreciate your feedback.

"it became really tough to cross streets in rainy season as they would all become covered with water and mud."

In my mind's eye, I'm picturing a dirt road covered with large puddles of water and mud, but neither flooded nor with a current that would sweep away any person walking along. And if they were able to walk, I assume the water wasn't too dip, - right?

"They thought they were people who do bhajans going on boat."

How could a boat navigate under those circumstances? Were this village and this road along a river or any other water body as to consider these bhajans on boats an ordinary sighting within that area?

"Those people were sitting on seaweeds joined together by threads"

For some reason I imagine this road was lacking street lights and it should have been dark but, somehow, they managed to see the materials used to build the boat (raft?), specially the THREAD?!?!
I'm sorry, I'm visualizing a thread as thick as the one used for sewing garments and find it difficult to understand that they could see something that thin in the dark.

Is seaweed common in that area?
Did they ever investigate if any one else had seen the singers either that day or during any previous/following fair?
Have they asked the locals if any people have drowned and now they are haunting the flooded roads of the area?

Let me make it clear that I'm not doubting your story, I'm only trying to understand it better and would appreciate if you can clarify the previous points.

One thing is for sure, it is remarkable that your father and friends were able to walk 40 km in one day, specially since half of that distance was in less than ideal conditions... Wow... They were a group of very fit young men!

Thanks in advance.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: