You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Paranormal Experiences Childhood To Now

Real Ghost Stories

My Paranormal Experiences Childhood To Now

 

I began to have experiences with spirits/apparitions beginning around when I was 8 years old. I was at my Grandma's house for Christmas that year and I had stepped into her side room away from the family for a bit. I was admiring a little ornament on the Christmas tree when I saw a very bright light out of the corner of my eye and I turned around. In my Grandmother's bedroom was a ceiling to floor stream of pure white light (a little bit wider than a human) which moved steadily to the left of the wall which lead to the kitchen. I ran to the kitchen and nothing was there. I'm not sure how, but I knew it was a spirit, even though I was young and not informed that such things could actually exist.

Now flash-forward to 6th grade. I had been hearing odd noises in my home. I came home to an empty house every day after school around 2:40. I would arrive home and within a few minutes of me doing so I would begin to hear footsteps downstairs. Then in another few minutes, the upstairs toilet would flush. Odd for sure, but two things really creeped me out. One being that sometimes a wind up toy monkey sitting in our living room would go off by itself and clang its symbols together. This creepy toy I never liked can only go off it is wound up. The other thing that creeped me out most was that I would hear this spirit in my house walk up and down the stairs in my basement. I didn't know anything bout spirits, and I was terrified that this spirit would come for me or harm me if I upset it somehow.

Eventually, curiosity got the best of me, and I invited 2 friends over to try and communicate with it (one was a non-believer and I wanted to prove to her that I wasn't lying, something was in my house). We ended up finding out that her name was Janet, she was 81, and was very melancholy. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence, but I had a feeling her name was Janice or Janet before we ever spoke to her. We asked her if she could control electricity and she turned off our flashlight multiple times when we asked.

I only saw her once for less then a second, peering at me from inside my sister's window as I was outside during the summer previous to this session. She had long straight hair with a very sad look on her face. But when we were communicating with her we only heard her voice. After the communication, we were all excited and spooked, especially me.

We had a fortune cookie from my parents takeout last night and I opened it the fortune read "seek advice from a octogenarian". We were just communicating with Janet, who was 81 years of age. My friends both left my house after that and never came over to my house again.

Since then, many of my friends have told me they have a feeling of being watched in my basement, or they got a creepy feeling from it, which both of my previous friends had said previous to our communication session.

My later experiences

Now, back to my grandmother's house (a side note that this farmhouse is over 80 years old). A bit later (beginning 2 years ago) I began getting bad feelings from the small upstairs of my Grandmother's home. I pushed it aside until an event happened.

I was going to bed (I hated sleeping up there so I was already on edge) and I was nearly asleep. I then heard footsteps so I peered outside through the cracked door assuming my dad had woken up or something. Nobody was outside the door. I laid in bed, a little shaken and tried to sleep. Soon, the footsteps slowly approached the bedroom door. I froze in terror as the footsteps walked right beside the bed. Oddly, I couldn't see anything at my bed but I heard the footsteps walk up to me clear as day. That is what scared me most, was that I couldn't see whatever this thing was but it was there, staring at me. It only approaches the green room, and as soon as I slept in the other guest room, I was no longer bothered. I later asked my aunt about this who also has had spiritual experiences before, and she too said that something was upstairs, but she wasn't sure what it was either.

As for Janet, she has been less active than before. Recently though, my sister made a mask for art class and my mom put it up in her room. We heard a crash and the mask was on the floor, my mom said it "flew off the wall" and all of the beads on the mask had fallen off. A few day later we put it up and re-beaded it and it met the same fate. The mask resembled a Native American one, which Janet likely is because our land was known for that. I have a bad feeling that she met a troubled end.

I have had a few other small experiences since then, but nothing major. At the moment, Janet has been fairly in-active and I haven't particularly been seeking out spirits to communicate with recently.

Thank you for reading! X

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, graveyarddoll, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-06)
graveyarddoll, your story was quite spooky. The white light thing sounded quite unusual. Did it fill the whole room?
I found tour experience with Janet, rather intersting. But that thing about the monkeys sent an instant thought to my mind; It's just like the monkey from Stephen King's short story about a monkey with cymbals call "The Monkey," you should read it, it's pretty scary, not blood and gore scary, but scary events (and the fact that it keeps coming back). Thanks for sharing your story! 😁 😊
ghostgurlie15 (2 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-02)
I definitely enjoyed this story! To me, the white light seems like it may be an orb of some sort? Have you only ever seen the white light once?

It seems like you have had some pretty creepy experiences and you definitely do have a knack for sensing spirits, just like what Tweed said!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-02)
Graveyarddoll, you clearly have a knack for this, it's great you can communicate like that.

I had to giggle at your poor friends leaving never to return to your place again.
Janet probably takes some comfort knowing you care enough to talk to her.

As for the footsteps in the other house. Eeek. Would have definitely creeped me out too.

Love the purple light at Christmas time, how appropriate!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: