You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Man Under Peepal Tree

Real Ghost Stories

White Man Under Peepal Tree

 

This is actually happened with my mom when she was nearly 10-11 years of age in a village of Bihar.

The house in which they lived was very big with 6-7 rooms around and in the middle of the house there was no roof. It was open. At night, my mom along with her other siblings used to sleep outside in that part of house on a cot. A big peepal tree was also there and it was wide open middle section in between the house. They always used to close the main gate before they slept and there was no chance of a theif or any intruder coming inside the walls after 11:00pm.

One full moon night, my mom slept on cot which was nearly 2-3 meters away from that peepal tree. She woke up early morning that day around 4-5 am.

As she opened her eyes, to her amazement, she saw a man in his 40's wearing white clothes- kurta, dhoti wearing a white turban around his head standing under the peepal tree. His face, hand & legs everything was pure white and shining. He was standing still and looked like a statue. He was staring at my mom.

My mom was frozen and trembling with fear. At first she thought to wake up her elder sister but she was too scared to move and tell her. She shut her eyes as tightly as she could and slept.

In the morning she told this to her siblings who said it might be a dream while her parents ignored.

My mom says she has no other memory of her childhood so clear. She still remembers the white man's face, clothes and the turban he wore.

She never experienced anything after that but still wonders who was that man!

Other hauntings by shiz98

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shiz98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sindhudurgaKokan (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
It was daitya I think he never harm anyone if you don't disturb him. We have entity like this in our sindhudurga.
iloveourthoughts (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-02)
as far as I think its possible and I think that man didn't wanted to harm any one as it stood still...
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
Wow that's scary... My uncle had a same experience. When he went to his wife's village. My uncle loves trees so he was sleeping under a peepal tree and suddenly he woke up by a certain unease. When he looked at the branch of tree, he noticed a lady in a wedding dress was sitting there. Her hands were very long. My uncle fainted. At 8 am in morning when he woke up, he told the whole incident to everyone. They told him last year a woman commited suicide there on her wedding day because her groom did not come.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
Hi shiz98... Glad to read another story of yours... There is one Neem tree at our village home... Anyone who slept under that tree experience suffocation, heavy weight on chest (Not a sleep paralysis) illusion of scary person... So I can understand your story... But we've find that the place is not good so this things occurs... So May be I can conclude that Not tree but the particular place is haunted. 😕
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Not really sure about this, but some Indian families tend have a guardian ghost. If that's the case, the peepal tree could possibly be the element of attachment of that ghost, since his description doesn't really seem malevolent, I'm considering him to be a guardian ghost. But again, this is a myth and I'm not really sure about this. Also, your family might not even have a guardian ghost. My logical part of the brain says it could've been a nightmare. Thank you for you story.
-Shady.
shiz98 (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
Thanks sushantkar for this information. I just googled "Brahmdatiya" and it was really very similar to what my mom saw... But its very hard to believe how a "Brahman" becomes "Datya"... 😨
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
Hello shiz 98! I think whatever your mom had seen in that peepal tree can be reffered to brahmdatiya.
Thanks for sharing you mom' s experience.

Regards
shiz98 (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
maybe...but she is not sure whether it was a dream or something else... 😕
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
I knew that this peepel tree ghost is just a myth. But as your mom saw I don't know. Not sure, maybe she was really dreaming as know one else saw it. Lets consider that as a dream or nightmare.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: