You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Loopy Nightmares And Out Of Body Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Loopy Nightmares And Out Of Body Experience

 

Yesterday night, it was pretty late when I went to bed - around 3:15 am. Few months ago I started this habit of sleeping late due to work, and sometimes for binge watching Netflix.

Suddenly I felt like a weird vibration going around in my body. Kind of like "buzz" sound in my head. I started feeling really weightless. I was shooting up and down as if I had wings and as I opened my eyes I saw myself sleeping on the bed - as if from a bird's eye. From my ceiling.

It was quite scary. It's not that I haven't experienced this before but it was a long time back in 2016 - and I couldn't sleep that night. I was in college back then and spent whole night with all the lights on in the common room.

The buzz sound started again, and I tried to wake up control my body but that thing kept going out of me and I couldn't wake up. It kept coming in, going out and finally I took control and woke up. It was so vivid and to be honest I don't have any words to describe. I am a kind of person who isn't a firm believer of such stuffs but my whole perspective has been changed. I was floating, I could see myself. I looked at my watch - it was 4:15. It's been an hour since I fell asleep. It was cool and scary at same time. Was it really an OBE or was my mind playing with me? I read many articles today, but couldn't conclude anything.

Few nights back, I had nightmares. I woke up and saw some entity standing at the corner of wall. Similar to a black shadow. And I shouted. Woke up again. Same thing started going on in a loop until I woke up in real. I went downstairs and slept with mom that day. I got these similar kind of horrible dreams in 2018, and once in 2019 but that was it. And it has started happening again. I am not sure what is this and why is it happening to me but it ruins my sleep. I am not able to sleep more than 4 hours a day because of this. Any help would be appreciated!

Other hauntings by shiz98

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shiz98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-10-07)
oh my! That sounds so much like my own experience. I still remember like it happened yesterday where I saw my own body sleeping in the bed in my favourite set of blue nightwear and my soul or consciousness looking down at myself. I also remember this transparent line or thread still sticking back to my body. I clearly even remember this weird odd sensation of getting jolted so hard inside my own body that the accompanied sound coming after it was damn loud. It was like as if a bike had just kickstarted loudly out of nowhere... 😨
But mine happened due to less sleep and being stressed out due to my career. Maybe try to keep some sharp object under your pillow. It worked for me. Or maybe if some senior YGS read this and give you better suggestions, go for it.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-02-26)
Have you ever tried a house cleansing ritual? Maybe that would help, also some sort of protective charm to wear at all times.
the_0lympians (10 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-02-18)
I have some advice. Try to see what the spirit likes and maybe try that. If that doesn't work try cleansing.

Ghost King👻👻👻
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-02-01)
Hi Shiz98

Thanks for sharing. Interesting.

In terms of what you experienced, I'm sure you have read about NDE's or "Near Death Experiences"?

These are events whereby individuals who suffer some kind of physical, life-threatening trauma or event, report to "leave" their body and experience a wide range, but often very similar, experiences.

People in medical emergencies or events often report suddenly being outside of their body, often up on the ceiling, or above their physical body observing doctors or others working on them, trying to resuscitate or "save" their lives.

These individuals are able to, once returned to their physical bodies, describe in detail things the medical teams were saying, as well as being able to describe in detail the particular specialized medical tools used on them. Often these people have their eyes taped shut, or are considered "dead".

My point is that there is some very powerful arguments and "evidence" that our minds, consciousness, souls seem to be able to survive and be fully operational outside of our physical bodies. That information is undoubtedly possibly patently obvious to those on this "Ghost" site! 😆

So for you to find yourself floating above your body is not so unusual. I'm surprised you described this event as "quite scary" as your mind should have been quite removed from the electrical temporary sack of portable meat we call our bodies that you saw on the bed.

I had a similar and weird experience about 30 years ago in Melbourne, Australia one night. I remember walking out of my bedroom in the middle of the night, but I was aware I wasn't asleep, but I certainly didn't feel awake. I walked through the hallway and looked into my flat mate's room. He was asleep and I vividly remember his quilt (or doona if your Australian) was glowing intensely white. This kind of freaked me out more so I turned and hurried back towards my room.

I got about 5 feet away from my doorway and that's where the experience stopped. I don't recall entering my room, or seeing my body asleep etc. However, when I awoke that morning, I had a strange but distinctive "jolting" feeling a few times. I have since learned that can be an after-effect of astral travelling.

In hindsight I believe I was astral travelling, or that my consciousness had left my body and it was "walking" around my flat. I definitely wasn't dreaming, or having a lucid dream. What annoys me about that experience is that I didn't get to see my body in my bed to fully verify it. So I guess some doubt lingers as to what, exactly, it was that I experienced that night.

Your experience resonated with me as it's an interesting phenomenon in terms of confirming existence outside of our physical bodies, and an experience I can relate to.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, and apologies if I'm rambling on (again).

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: