You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Fire Spirit In Fire Pit

Real Ghost Stories

Fire Spirit In Fire Pit

 

I was invited to my Wife's cousin Pat cottage located in on a small island in Honey Harbor, ON. The small island has two cottages, the other one belonged to Pat's father Bill. It was a week's vacation there in the last weekend of August 2012. It was beautifully hot, and humid. You can jog around the perimeter of the island safely, and it will take about 15 minutes.

As the day went on, I enjoyed the scenery and the enjoyment that a cottage on an island in the summer. As it got dark, I got ready for some marsh mellow roasting. I even set off a few fire crackers; one was placed upside down the wrong way and literally blew up.

In the evening it got totally dark, as a group we were relaxing outside near the fire pit as a gust of cold wind hit me. We all started getting cold, Pat, decided to light up the fire pit and keep us warm. I thought it strange, as I have been out night fishing during the summer time, and never got this cold out in Trenton, or Scugog. The entire day it was at least 31C. It was a good relief as we didn't have to stay inside the cottage to take advantage of the air conditioning. Pat got the fire going well, and we all started sitting around it. I took videos with my cell phone, wasn't really great quality so I started to take pictures instead.

Most of us were chilling at the fire pit, roasting our marshmallows. Then I saw the strangest thing, I didn't know if anyone noticed it. I quickly took a picture of it, fearing it would disappear by the time; I switched from camera mode to my video camera mode. So I took a quick picture of it using a Pantech Element P4100 Tablet. What I saw only lasted about five seconds. It had two eyes, and a mouth, and a bright white body. It swayed left to right a few times, and then it was gone. I thought to myself, did I just see a Fire Spirit of some kind. The remaining last two evenings it never shown again.

You will see the pictures that I have included with the story; there are four pictures in total. Two of them are of the fire pit location, one the original picture and another that is edited with a red circle drawn around the fire pit.

Fire Spirit In Fire Pit 1

Fire Spirit In Fire Pit 2

Fire Spirit In Fire Pit 3

Fire Spirit In Fire Pit 4

 

Another picture is that of the Fire Spirit, one is the original picture I took with the Tablet and another that is edited to show the eyes, mouth; sorry if I forgot to circle the body in red, but you can tell it's the body as it is all white. After I took the picture, it disappeared about two seconds later.

Other hauntings by Honshu

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Honshu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Honshu (4 stories) (14 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-05)
Thank you for your comments. To be honest, we did not throw any marsh mellows in to the fire, to my knowledge as the fire just got started, and it took a while to get to that point. Making me believe no accelerates or gas used on the wooden logs. I do however remember showing off on how to start a fire in the pit with one match and dry shrubs though. As I was a boyscout in my youth. We started the fire early but as I mentioned in the story it took time for the fire to get good enough to roast marsh mellows.

I hope that info is helpful. The firewood I recalled was dry, as they kept that way as they used their cottage year round. We never threw garbage in the fire,

I think its Pats decision, as they do have garbage and recycling bins which picked up by a service. Its a strange though, you have to hang a flag or hoist it with a garbage symbol and they will come get it, if you do that, you have no garbage service. This was how it was explained to me, but never saw it happen.

I see the visitation as a blessing, as a year after, my wife was able to finally get a job she liked, and I am in a position, I am happy in. My son is blessed with the skills of scootering, and my daughter graduated from University and has a job before graduating.

As I see this as a blessing, it has opened my eyes and heart more, to be more giving of those in need if I can help. By either monetary, material, or simple spiritual assistance.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-15)
I don't think Isee much in the picture - but the trouble with a photograph is that it takes a moment out of context and also fails to capture many details of the subject. There's no way around it really and no way to recapture what is inevitably lost. I have always found there to be something spiritual about a fire and many cultures as Roxy commented have significant mythos surrounding it. I do know that Native American and First Nations people's frequently used islands as sacred sites. So you may well have seen something! Sounds like a wonderful and memorable night!:-)
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-10)
Kindly, I love your comment. Honey Habor sounds like the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where summer nights can be quite cool. Sorry about the ice cream...
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-09)
Hi Honshu, my father took us to Honey Harbour for camping trips many summers in the 1960s. I do recall it getting quite cool at night even though day time temperatures were high.

I have great memories from the place although nothing scary. Walking back from the marina, on the dock, I was happy my dad bought me an ice cream cone. When I licked it the first time the whole ice cream blob fell off the cone and onto the dock. I picked up what hadn't gone through the boards, plopped it back on the cone and finished the now much reduced and less sanitary treat somewhat sadly.

I know, I know, there were no ghosts in my comment.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-08)
Hi Honshu: That picture is very interesting, although I wouldn't be able to say if you really capture the presence of a spirit without considering some other factors like the condition of the firewood, -was it wet? Were there any other materials in the fire (marshmallow drippings, wrapping paper, etc) that could cause any change on the way it was burning?

Greetings from the BC interior!
I live in a lake-shore community close to the Okanagan region; during the summer the temperature can reach the low thirties during the day but drops to the low to mid tens during the night, and sometimes lower than that. Do you know the weather pattern for the island? Is it possible that the drop in the temperature was just normal?

Anyway, your experience is interesting and mysterious.
Thanks for sharing.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-08)
Wow! Fascinating! Yes, it is possible that you might have seen the spirit of the fire, my grandmother's tribe believe that everything will have spirits and what I believe is that the elements around us would have a "mother", like in some culture they share the same thought that when a person dies their spirit will return to the water spirits (in my grandmother's tribe Mother of Waters). So yes fire pits will have such spirits as well, just a belief from cultural thoughts.

I have a story to share with you that some of my friends around said that they have had an encounter with what they believe as the "spirit of a thunder", sorry I don't have the picture but I can describe it; it was taken during a thunder flash, there was a misty human like figure at where the flash had hit and the sparkles looks just like the "face" you have shown us.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-08)
Honshu,

Thank you for the pictures! Great catch! I'm not so sure I would feel comfortable sleeping on that island after seeing what you did. Did you ask your friends if they saw it? Do you know anything about the island?
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-08)
Honshu, that looks like a beautiful island. Islands are mystical places, I think, and it is not hard to imagine a fire spirit would make an appearance there, perhaps to welcome you.

Appreciate the photos!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: