I don't know where to start but I personally believe that I had a series of paranormal experiences over a significant period of time (Dec 2009 - Jun 2012) after which I left the house I was residing in.
A little background about myself. I used to be an avid ghost hunter's fan back in college. Did a significant amount of reading up on paranormal sciences and also wanted to be a ghost hunter. Now the series of incidents that happened with me in the aforementioned house made me feel the place was haunted. With time, issues were getting unbearable and the activities seemingly becoming pronounced.
Now to elaborate on some of the phenomenon. I am just listing out the phenomenon and would love to discuss the detailed incidents over a separate thread.
1. Partial and full bodied apparitions seen by mother and wife at the same location in different time periods and neither knowing about each others incident.
2. I have noticed shadows on the walls myself.
3. Strange noise from within the cupboards.
4. Letters "JD" appearing on my glass dining table which would appear only when the table was cleaned and the water would be drying up. The dried up area within the surrounding water would consistently form the letters. This phenomenon slowly disappeared after several months. And I can't remember correctly but reappeared once towards the end of my tenure.
5. Closed doors opening ajar after minutes. Any amount of attempts to recreate the scenario for debunking did not succeed.
6. Objects shifting locations minutes after keeping them.
7. Objects disappearing and reappearing at the same location minutes apart.
8. TV channels changing by themselves.
9. Beds creaking as if someone is sitting on it while you are the only person in the room.
10. The feeling the pillow underneath your head is moving when you are the only person on the bed.
11. A friend of mine, unaware of any incidents in the house, noticed a silhouette at the end of the bed and remained awake the rest of the night.
12. Woke up one morning to find my entire kitchen, dining hall, and half of my living room covered in thick black smelly water. We never figured where it came from.
13. My mom and wife both had similar bruise marks on their left shin which turned into severe rashes within days. The marks are strikingly similar to the ones showed in the movie "The Conjuring" where the mother in the movie woke up with bruises.
14. The apartment was a serviced apartment which was given off for rent as the software industry was suffering from the recession in 2009. The caretaker of the service apartment, which later became my flat, had a severe freak accident the day I had decided to confront him about all the weird incidents occurring in the house and had a part of his tongue chopped off. After he recovered (and talks with a significant slur), he told me the place was apparently built over a Muslim cemetery. I don't want to attribute this as the primary reason for all the weird occurrences but I needed to understand what on earth was happening to me and my family.
15. I have noticed weird floating orbs in my bedroom too.
16. Distinctive cold spots at certain times.
17. Just another freak coincidence. The caretaker had similar marks on his left shin as my wife and mom. He also mentioned that most people would not want to stay in the serviced apartment for more than a day or two as they would fall ill or seemingly lose things in the rooms. He was surprised I had stayed there for that long and so had never bothered me with the unexplainable occurrences. I sort of attribute this detail of his as a lack of understanding of the service apartment industry and don't want to make this detail a validation point for the entire haunted house hypothesis.
The phenomenon has been experienced by both my parents, wife, and 4 friends who have reported these to me separately at different time intervals.
For 2.5 years now I have moved on but still wonder whether these were just us trying to attribute scientifically explainable phenomenon as hauntings or whether a want to be ghost hunter had the experience of a life time.
Even after so many years it haunts me to find out whether it was for real or just a psychological event for each of us.