You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The Haunted House She Lived In

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted House She Lived In

 

When we were 9 years old my cousin lived in a haunted house. She is the same age as I am. We were told that several years before she lived there a man killed his wife and kids in the house. I'm not sure how true that story is. I was told that one of the kids was killed in the upstairs bathroom.

As I said we were 9 years old when this took place.

Amanda and I were in the upstairs bathroom and we were running the bath water so I could take a bath because I was staying the night there with her. As we were running the bath water we heard a little kid crying. Mind you Amanda and I were the only children present in the house. And she didn't live near any kids. I had the bright idea to search for the source of the crying. It didn't take me long to find the source. It was the bath tub which was now occupied, by a little boy. I asked Amanda if she saw him too, and she said, "no, but I can hear him and he wants you to go with him so he won't be lonely anymore." I was terrified to be in that house at that point. I emptied the tub as soon as it was safe and went downstairs to sit in the living room.

Another day I was taking pictures and they all kept getting ruined. Animals were killed by unseen hands, Amanda's younger sister almost drowned in the ditch by the house. The shed had an unseen man muttering to himself in it. A woman can be seen through the window on certain days. She is wearing clothing from the 60's, so you know you aren't staring at your reflection. In the upstairs rooms you can hear laughter or crying and sometimes even yelling. I don't know what happened in that house, but whatever it was is still lingering.

I don't know what is going on in that house these days, and I don't want to know. It scared me then and even driving by it freaks me out a little bit.

Other hauntings by ashleylesley

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashleylesley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashleylesley (6 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
yeah she did. In fact a lot of it happened to her. She was taking a bath in that same bathroom and something held her under water for less than 10 seconds. She would see faces in the tile, but then when she blinked the would be gone.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
Sounds like there is a lot of negative history connected to this home and land. So did your friend ever witness any of this phenomena? It seems like this home needs to have a clensing ritual or a blessing peformed perhaps to help move on these trapped souls.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
ashleylesley (6 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
It is in a town called Hermiston. I don't know if any one knows where this town is, but I can assure you that in a 50 mile radius there are many haunted places. I am going through all my books that I have written in to find my most interesting experiences to tell all of you.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
So, where is it? Where is this haunted place in Oregon? You may not care to know, but some others of us do.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: