You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Grandfather Or Something More Sinister?

Real Ghost Stories

Grandfather Or Something More Sinister?

 

So I might have to break this story into two parts, and have to bring about a little back story to make sense of it all.

So back in either October or November of 2007, me and my family (mother, father and younger brother) all moved into our very own house. The house itself was more of a shack, it's old and was in fact once a banana packing shed. Prior to this house, the house we had lived in was in fact haunted, confirmed by myself and my mother both feeling a presence and her actually seeing things and being touched. Anyhow, we had just moved into this house and my grandfather (mother's side) had fallen ill, so we had to travel to New Zealand to say our goodbyes, and unfortunately, he had passed away while we were on the plane.

Fast forward to December of 2010, I came up with the idea of going to New Zealand and spending Christmas with all the family as most of them live there. The entire time we were there I could feel my grandfather there. Like I'd sit in "his" chair and I could still smell his cigarettes. My father, brother and I had all gone out to where my other grandfather (father's side) is buried. My father placed a coin on his grave and said, "Come visit us sometime, Dad." I think this is what caused most of my "troubles".

Now moving on to my actual paranormal happenings. For the first two years of living in my new house I never did have anything happen to me. It wasn't until I was about 14/15 years old (2011) that something started happening. It always felt like someone else was in the room watching me, and it never did feel good, it always made me feel uncomfortable. I believe it was mostly attached to me because, at the time, I was going through very bad depression. Another thing about this house is that it always had this negative feeling because of my father's abusive ways and his temper.

At the end of 2013, we had found out my father was cheating on my mother and so he moved out and some of his negative effects had gone with him. Anyhow in May of 2014, I was 17, I had finished high school the year before and I wasn't doing anything with myself due to my depression being so bad it was weighing me down. My mother decided to kick me out and I went to go live with my father. My brother then decided to move into my old room as it was twice as big as his old one.

About 6 months later I had moved back in with my mother, into a room off the house, and in a better mind set. My brother, on the other hand, had succumbed to depression and anxiety. It was once after I was moved back in, I was talking to my mother and I was telling her about how it always felt like there was someone watching me in my old room. My brother happened to be in ears shot when I was telling my mother this and he said he felt a similar thing. He also told me of how he woke up, paralyzed and he looked at the end of his bed and he said that there was this big black demon-looking thing with torn clothes. He said it was only there for a few seconds before it like disappeared into the ceiling. My mother and I agreed that it could have been my grandfather, as I told her of my father asking my grandfather to visit.

At the beginning of this year (2015) we were looking at places to rent, as we had sold that house and were renting it off the new owners. We had looked at the house we are in now and both my mother and I had such a good feeling about it. We've been living here for 4 months now, and I feel like whatever was in that house has stayed there. All I feel around me now is good entities, which me and my mother believe is my grandfather on my mother's side.

I'm still not sure if it was my father's father, or something else. But I do believe it has now left us alone, and I forever hope it does.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SailorMT, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SailorMT (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
From my understanding, my grandfather wasn't a kind spirit. He did many awful things in his time, and I'm kind of grateful I never did meet him.

My depression was caused by bulling at school and my fathers abuse unfortunately. Plus I constantly move my room around and decorate it to make me happy. I did have a mirror in my room, but it didn't face me at all. From the side of the room that I felt I was being watched was my desk and clothes rack.

We had did many renovations to the house but the only place that didn't feel "right" was my bedroom. I tended not to help when my parents we're fixing up the house and that sort of thing.

It's okay Tweed, he knew that we love him and we got to say our goodbyes in another way, but I know that he's looking after my grandmother and the rest of my family and that means the world to me 😊
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-13)
To me it doesn't seem like it would be your grandfather, but I guess it depends on the kind of person your grandad was, maybe? Not sure.
outofboxthinker (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-11)
hi I like to look at things multiple ways so I'm going to respectfully point out something's that will point to this story being a misunderstanding, again some situations are merrily coincidences and I just want to point out all the sides. First if there's a mirror in the room that could be causing the feeling of being watched. The room could be causing depression from the design or bad memories (please don't get mad, I've never seen it so I don't know), also a lot of things seen at night are caused by sleep paralysis I've had it and you can't actually tell, again I just want to see different angles so I hope your not mad.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-11)
Hi Sailor, and welcome to YGS!

Firstly I must say that was mighty mean of your mother to kick you out of home like that!
Was there any reason your paternal grandfather would appear to your brother as a demon-esque being? Was this man cruel in life?
I strongly feel that whoever a person is in their lifetime is exactly who they are on the other side. Sometimes a ghost will be angered or saddened by tragedy but never does someone turn 'evil'.

I really think this being your brother saw, and you felt, was a nature spirit of some kind. Connected to the house or the surrounding land and whose sole intention was to protect said house/land. Possibly a troll, some are very tall with huge ears resembling horns. They can instill fear in anyone who upsets their home.
Had your family made any changes to the place?
This can anger a locations guardian (s).

Really sorry your maternal grandfather died before you reached him to say goodbye. 😢

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: