You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Night Attacks

Real Ghost Stories

Night Attacks

 

I started to really believe that there was an entity in my house this summer when my aunt came over. Being the religious woman she is, she would never admit to believing in that type of stuff, especially letting it scare her. But this time it was different. I don't really know all the details but I do remember it happened on a saturday because she had come to visit from New York for three days and she was leaving on a sunday.

I remember passing by the living room and seeing her crying with my mother by her side. I didn't stop to listen or to ask anything because at the time my gut instinct, as I passed by, just told me not to. The next day after my mother and I had dropped her off at south station in boston mass, as we were driving back home and got stuck in traffic, my mother turned to me with teary eyes and gasped and said "jenny, your aunt saw him", the hairs rose on my arms. I knew who she was talking about, it was him, the one we had never seen but felt, the foot steps on the stairs that stopped in front of my room, it was him whom years ago, a dog we had been taking care of, also sensed, and would not leave the front of my door and stayed up all night howling at nothing.

My mom said that my aunt told her that he wasn't good, that he fed off me. Previously, for like 6 months straight, I had become severely ill. My mom and dad and bro are witness to this. Every night at 12:30 or 3:19 I would wake up suffocating. The episodes would last a good minute to the point where I would turn extremely purple. The doctors could not diagnosed it, after some time they just stopped. I had never before related it to that. I had always try to shut it off hoping that that eerie premonition feeling would go away.

After that day my mother and I did everything imaginable, we burned incense, we sprayed holy water. Now that we remodeled most of the house, we haven't felt much. But now something else happens, something that hasn't happened since I was little, now as my grandparents who share a floor with me tell me, I scream in my dreams, but the thing is when I wake up I never remember.

Perhaps it's better that way. Maybe I'll share on my next post... I'd love feedback, thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vanne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
As said before remodeling usually activates all activity, leading me to believe you tamed the beast when you through holy water around. I like how you took action immediately. I praise you for that.

The screaming could be stress you are going through.
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
do you think that the entity took your energy, is that what you meant by feed off you. Your Aunt did she just see a shadow or details of the man. Did the experience leave you tired and weak?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-26)
Hello Vanne. I have to agree with the other posts here. I am thinking sleep paralysis with some night terrors mixed in with a healthy dose of an unknown entity. (Or unhealthy dose, depending on your view. I do hope you had the opportunity to research your "symptoms" and that things remained quiet after the remodeling. That is odd though, usually things increase. Thank you for the story.
MrsSkeletor (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-27)
Stange, normally claims of remodeling a home usually triggers paranormal activity. In your case it caused it to subside. The subconciouse is a strange thing. Some people talk and walk in their sleep, or have psychic premonitions. When did you notice this begin to happen to you?
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Cool story. I sure would like to know what exactly your aunt saw when she saw "him..." That would make this story even more creepy.

Thanks!
Abby (710 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Dear vanne,

I think you can learn a lot from the catagory subjects Martin put your ghost story under. May I suggest looking up the subjects Old Hags, Night Attacks and Paralysis, as well as articles, other stories and comments here on this site about these same or similar subjects.

The screaming in your sleep seems to be from some type of night terror or nightmare. Sometimes, fears and anxieties compounded by stresses in our life can only find expression and outlet in dreams and screaming out loud while within a dream. There are those who also talk and walk in their sleep.

Please pursue all remedies until you find one that helps you get the rest you need.

Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Vanne, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Please do share any further experiences you have had.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: