You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost of Rich Mountain Battle Field

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost of Rich Mountain Battle Field

 

A couple of years ago, my family and I decided to go to rich mountain battle field located in Beverly West Virginia. When we arrived, we knew of all the stories that everyone told about the place being haunted, but the only time that you would experience any paranormal activity would be at night. We arrived around 10:00 o'clock am.

We had brought cameras and wanted to snap some pics to see if we could come up with anything, We all split up into separate little groups and went in all directions. My brother, being afraid, stayed in the truck with my little 5 year old sister who was asleep. I went with my mom and another friend of the family, and my dad went with his friend and his son. You have to remember that this is where a battle during the civil war took place, so it made it scarier for me because I was only 13, but my dad and his friend went and started talking about some guy named john hart, they said some pretty nasty things about him. All of the sudden they heard something coming out of the weeds near where they stood, it sounded like they were being chased by a man it (what or who ever it was) chased them all the way back to the vehicle.

Meanwhile my mom and our friend were just standing around taking some pics when all of the sudden we heard voices coming from the left side in the woods of us, they seemed to be talking about something important because the voices sounded aggravated. But it was just too scary, we all met back up at our cars and discussed what had happened and at the same time my brother chimed in and asked who was standing beside the truck the whole time while we were gone. He thought it was my dad who was with his friend over at the right side of the field and we were on the left side of the battle field at the time.

That's when we all got freaked and left and I haven't been back since.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Carolyn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-26)
Too bad, Carolyn that you will not be reading any of this. I had a few questions... Like what bad things could be said about John Hart, and why such a famous signer of the Declaration of Independence would have wasted time chasing your loved ones through a battle field etc. But thanks for the story.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Oh No, I got caught cheating too. Shane and I cheated together, what next? Spot removal?

Thanks, Shane, glad you enjoyed, I like to offer public service announcements and household cheating tips of my -2 cents whenever the ghostly opportunity arises. ;)

Cheetah, Abby 😆 ❤
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Martin, Me? Cheating? Never! Well there was that one time kindergarten, but I didn't know what color to put on my horsey. LOL

Loved the commercial Abby. Guess I will have to change the channels to catch the next one.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Well Shane, the point in that case is not to comment 😉 (and yes, commenting about not commenting is cheating)
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Hi Carolyn,

Did you know the best ghostly, spot remover that I have found over the years and from generations of the ladies in my family, is an American old fashioned bar of a yellow, gold colored soap bar called, "Naptha" soap? It works wonders on many types of stains, especially American Civil War blood stains. 😊

Ghostly Spot Removal Soap Bar Blessings, Abby

**This commercial was brought to you by Naptha, Abby and space provided by author Carolyn and site provided by beloved master, web wizaard, Martin. 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Won't read the comments, what is the sense of telling your story. Oh well, Thanks any way.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: