You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ever Since I Was Little, I Have Been Different

Real Ghost Stories

Ever Since I Was Little, I Have Been Different

 

Please do not accuse me that this is "fake" or "made up", for I guarantee that everything is 100% truth.

When I was little, around 4 or so, I guess I have been different; but, for years I was afraid to tell people about it. Honestly, it's not hard to put into words. Ever since age 4 (maybe 5), I have seen ghosts.

My very first ghost was some terrifying "thing"; I am now 23, and remembering what this creature looked like still terrifies me, to an extent. Here is how it all happened:

It was nighttime, maybe around 9 PM. My brother and I shared a room at the time, but I was alone in it at the time this happened. I think he might have been getting a bath; I don't know for sure. My mom called me, maybe because it was time for me to get my bath, so I turned around and was about to leave the room. Remember, I was 4-5 years old; I did not go to her. Instead, I turned around and drawn back towards the window in the bedroom. It was strange, honestly. I never understood it at that time; like, why would you get "drawn" to a window? But, either way, I went over to the window.

Now, we had blinds on every window so in order to look out the window, I pulled the string, lifting the blind. I regret that choice. Through the glass I saw a figure; I call it a "he" by the way because it looked a guy, in a way. He was thin (think Jack Skellington thin), pasty-white skin, black clothing, black eyes (almost like alien-shaped), and was very, very tall (probably 9-10 feet). This thing never spoke, all it did was stare down at me. It was almost as if "he" was shocked I was seeing it.

After a few seconds of us staring at each other, this creature reached out its hand. I can't explain how, but it felt that that glass separating us would have done nothing at keeping his fingers from me. I don't remember what happened but my mom said that I screamed and ran to her. Afterwards, she said I refused to look out a window at night and I always slept in her bed after that night. Honestly, I did not remember this encounter with that creature until years later.

After this, I have seen so many things. About the same age (5 years old), I saw a little girl (blonde hair, white/lacy dress) at around 4 AM who said for me to play with her, and we did. When finished, she said, "I have to go." and walked through the wall. She did not disappear... She walked through the wall. I just got up and went back to bed, like it was normal.

In my 23 years of living, I have seen it all, both good and bad. Shadow figures, been scratched, figures with red glowing eyes, heard children's voices, seen something I consider to be angels, felt cold spots, had stuff thrown at me or moved on me... I have experienced it all.

For about 6 months (this was a few years ago now), I would be up at night (I have always had trouble sleeping), and would feel my bed go down. Almost as if someone sat on my bed. I would look... See nothing. After this happened several nights in a row, I finally worked up the courage to speak to whatever was in my room. Honestly, I wish I had a name for the presence that would visit me. I could sense a strong feeling it was a guy, who meant me no harm. And, I would talk to him. He never spoke back, but I would "hear" responses in my thoughts... If that makes sense. I know something was there, because the bed would be pressed down into the shape of someone sitting near me. Whoever this figure was, I was happy he was there. Eventually, he stopped showing up at night.

So...that's it.

Even to this day, I still experience things. I get feelings, no matter where I go. I experience them everywhere, and I figure it's just this way... For some reason. Some have called me "Clairvoyant", others have said "Psychic"...I just say I am who I was meant to be. I'm not evil and I've sinned no more than the average person. Do these things I experience still scare me? Yeah... Probably always will.

But, I am tied to the Supernatural. I don't know why, I just am.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Celticrose1991, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Hi there Celticrose,

Glad to hear from you I've been thinking about your story recently, maybe I knew you were going to write back. I know that might seem strange but I remember the experiences which resonate with me, as yours did for some reason. 😊
With regard to the email request. You can simply enter your email on your profile page. Click on 'account' next to your login details.
Hope that helps.

The frequent bouts of paranormal events in your life, as you describe them, are not uncommon here. I'm sure you will find support, and a wealth of knowledge as well as like minded folk who know what it's like, including me. 😊

Please feel welcome to interact with this site as much as you feel you want to.
Take care.
Celticrose1991 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Thank you all for your comments, understanding, etc. Honestly, I do not mind if someone would want to put this story on their webpage, tell it to friends, etc.; as long as you achieve my permissions first, of course.

In regards to Bibliothecarius' comment, yes, I am not the only "sensitive" in my family. In fact, my mother is the same, as is her sister (my aunt) and their mother (my grandmother). It seems to be something that runs in the family, so to speak. I don't know if that helps, but I wanted to mention it.

Also, I still experience stuff. I can't recall everything because it has been happening for nearly 20 years. I never go a year without some sort of experience, no matter where we live. It's hard to explain if someone is the same way.

I don't know if it's allowed, so forgive me if it isn't, but anyone is free to e-mail me and ask me questions, regarding paranormal experiences. My e-mail is: kabender [at] westliberty.edu
kbirk1950 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-04)
I thought I deleted my comment but I guess I can't. I guess the moderator will have to.
kbirk1950 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-04)
For one thing I never put that it was my story. And you don't have to be so nasty. I did delete it...
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-06-03)
kbirk1950
You can't come on this website to "poach" any of the stories. You have a paranormal group and your website has a page for ghost stories. In case you did not notice the name of this website is YourGhostStories and if you had read the guidelines you would have read that you can't take any part or a whole story without the consent of the poster or the site.
Everyone on this site has told at least one story of their paranormal experiences and I don't think the owner of the site would be happy if you poached any of the stories then told the author the webpage that you own.
kbirk1950 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-01)
I was wondering if I might put your story on my website. I have a paranormal group and our website has a page on ghost stories... If this is okay with you, I will give you my website after I place it on there. Karen 😉
jillsley430 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-29)
Wow. I'm pretty sure you have a gift. I have a close friend that sees a lot of things that are close to your experience. I have seen ghosts plenty of times, but nothing near as much as the experiences that you have had.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-05-29)
Greetings, Celticrose.

As SDS mentioned, I'm one of the (many) members who is skeptical when a narrative begins with disclaimers such as "this is all true." Some people use expressions like this because they are afraid of appearing foolish, some want to deflect criticism, and others because they're telling lies. There is endlessly fascinating research into this sort of lying and its relationship to sociopathic behavior by serial killers (who need to lie to deflect suspicion), but that's part of the background reading that goes into developing critical thinking. As this is the first time you've posted here, you don't have anything to prove to us; we're willing to read about your experience *before* we pass judgment.

That said, you list quite an array of events and experiences as an afterthought to the main story. I'd be interested to know about those events, too. Skepticism, such as mine, is healthy when paired with curiosity; no-one who is here will shut you down for describing the events as you remember them.

It would be highly unusual for experiences/abilities such as you describe here to manifest in a family with no previous parapsychological traits. Who else in your extended family has demonstrated similar abilities? Note that they don't have to be as clear or strong as your experiences, just more 'aware' than the average person. Does your mother have "the sight," as it is called in some celtic traditions? Have you had anyone try to teach you how to filter or control your experiences?

Learning to shield yourself is a useful -even necessary- skill; perhaps your first experience was so terrifying to you because you lacked any defenses and were "wide open" to the event. The entity, you stated, "was shocked" that you could see it; it is at about four or five years of age that the brain begins to differentiate between "imagination" and "reality." This stage of development is why adults often dismiss what young children say as nonsense or make-believe. If children insist upon recounting their experiences to disbelieving adults, it can lead to hostile reactions which make the child paranoid (did that really, really happen? It was strange, but seemed normal at the time... I didn't dream it, did I?) leading earnest and forthright children into a spiral of self-doubt.

Please note that I have not passed judgment on you, nor upon your experiences. I've tried to explain why skeptical thought is a useful approach when paired with curiosity; without curiosity, all you've got is outright rejection of anything that doesn't fit into your preconceived schema. Your responses to my questions (along with, I hope, additional stories submitted to the site) will help us better understand you, your situation, and how our observations and comments could best help you.

Take care.
-Biblio

A BRIEF NOTE: Gadzooks, which side of the planet are you on? If you're anchoring demonic entities there, I'll be avoiding it on my summer holidays. Demons clearly have got nothing to do with Celticrose's story; I'd suggest leaving them wherever you found them because you have no idea where they've been, and if you bring them home with you, they'll expect you to feed them.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
More doom and gloom.

Gadzooks, no one said anything about a demon and this isn't a horror movie. Everyone has different views here. Celtic seems like a together person who's pretty comfortable with what's happened. No need to break out an exorcism.

This comment from Gadzooks296 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Hello again, this is for everyone on this thread:
For some reason y'all seem to have missed the same detail; that is Celtic stated the man on the bed as past tense. She clarified that he no longer does this. Which, along with her feelings toward their encounters, didn't give me cause for concern.

That said SDS raises a wise and valid point about *first* initial gut reactions! Which are equally, and sometimes more, important.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Hello Celticrose1991, first of all welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing. Tweed and RedWolf advised you properly. Because the moment we see the swearing by the O/P that the story is 100%, some of us have their antenna up. I would advise you further. We share our experiences in this site. So don't try to make others believe by such claims.

Coming to your narrative, I would like to state that you are sensitive to paranormal. Other things I agree with Tweed, especially regarding the child, who played with you when you were young.

But, better be careful with the one that sits on your bed regularly. I would keep my fingers crossed. Against Tweed has given another advise in the second post that it is your gut feeling that matters. The first gut feeling you got when you experienced.

I also further suggest you to maintain a journal or a diary of events that are happening, if they are so frequent. It would keep the track of the events as well as give you enough picture to understand what possibly might have happened.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Doom and gloom!

Celtic, I have no opinion on the intent of the ghost on your bed. But I'll tell you this; what you feel in your gut, your instincts, these are real and to be trusted. As you indicated this ghost doesn't do this any more just go by what you felt while he did. I got the sense from reading your story that you are in tune with your gut instincts and know exactly what I mean.
I've briefly experienced responses in thoughts like you described and this was positive for me too.
Chichi (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Redwolf is right.
Just be carefull, evil spirits can trick you to gain your trust.

Never let your guard down and stay strong! ❤
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
Welcome to YGS Celticrose.
I agree with Tweed, NEVER claim that your story is 100% true. A lot of other posters may be doubtful of it's authenticity.
Also be sure to remember that everyone on this site has had paranormal experiences. We are here to help people who are having problems so feel free to read other stories and if you think you can help give advice.
I am concerned about the ghost that sits on the bed with you. What you may percieve it as a benign spirit could be. A malevolent spirit waiting to gain your trust to get you to let your gaurd down so it can enter your body. Tell it to leave and that it is no longer welcome in your house. You may have to do a cleansing on your house and especially your room. If you haven't told your parents about this experience please do so immediately
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-27)
Hi Celticrose, and welcome to YGS.

Your experiences aren't going to be judged or disbelieved around here. There are many people who've seen those shadow entities with the red eyes and all other experiences you mentioned. I hope you continue to share them with us.
About the most criticism you're likely to get is looking for physical explanations, which most of us do here. Because it's important to cover all bases. For example the young girl you were playing with who later walked into the wall. This could have been a vivid dream. Not saying it was, but that's the kind of thing which is encouraged to question. So we can debunk thus sort the physical from the paranormal.
Also starting a story off with references to it being 100% true will probably go down a treat with some of the more established members. Because statements like these are so often followed by very fanciful nonsense encounters!

The skeletal being you saw through the window when you were a kid sounds like a nature spirit. It sounds to me like a troll. (Some are very tall, lanky and darkly mysterious in appearance). I also think this because you describe him as seeming surprised you could see him. Nature spirits are very secretive and young children are more prone to seeing them than adults.
What was your garden like at this house? Or if you didn't have a garden, was there a garden or public garden/nature reserve near you? Or even a grave yard or pet buried near by? Trolls can be protectors of sacred sites such as these or anything else they feel is sacred. You're very lucky to have seen him!
missmeggelizabeth (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-27)
I know exactly what you mean, I have been seeing things all my life. They scare me too sometimes thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: