You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Being Watched Since Birth

Real Ghost Stories

Being Watched Since Birth

 

I was born on Friday the 13th. It all started when I was a young child. I spent my infancy until 2nd grade in a big old mansion. My parents moved there when I was born. My mom tells me that the second we moved there my dad, who is against all paranormal beliefs, immediately thought it was haunted and wanted to move out.

I was about 4 years old and playing with Barbies and my friend starts to scream. She said she saw the Barbie turn its head and stare her in the eyes.

When I was 8 we moved to Maryland. A tiny house in the woods on the water. The exact second I moved there I felt extremely uncomfortable and remember the feeling of being watched. The first occurrence I can remember was during my sleepover at age 9. I'm up talking to my friend. We immediately stop talking and don't know why. We pretend to go to sleep as a man walks into my room, opens and shuts my drawers and goes back to sleep. The next morning I wake up and ask my family who came in the night before. They had no idea what I was talking about. To follow, every night I would hear pots and pans clanging in the middle of the night.

Every time I was in a certain hallway I would sprint through it, not knowing why. Now that I look back I realize a presence was probably there. I would run so fast and literally was 10 years old. My doors would open and shut and I'd hear creaking under my bed at all times. I'd see black cats at night time on my street. I ALWAYS felt like someone was watching.

Flash forward to now, being 18 years old, I still feel that same feeling. I have doorknobs turn I hear banging on doors and will be home alone with the door locked and look behind me to a wide open door. Not sure what to do. I will be driving late at night and hear someone in the trunk of my car but I check and no one is there. When I was younger, every single time I was home alone the wifi would cut out the TV would go to static and the home phone wouldn't dial. Every time I find myself watching a horror movie, I seem to relate to them in a certain way.

Not sure what to do, I don't think whatever these presences are have an evil intention, but I can literally feel in the air when they are there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hauntedforever13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+4
6 years ago (2018-07-20)
elhub,
From our Comments Guidelines:
"... Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact."
Thank you.
tace (37 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-20)
lady-glow, I love you! You always make me laugh! And you got to do that! Laugh 😁
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-20)
Good point, Lady-glow! I've always felt SC was kind of a creep. 😉

I think you're my spirit animal! 😆 ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-20)
Elhub - I have to agree with you... There's always someone watching us:

He's making a list
He's checking it twice;
He's going to find out who's naughty or nice
Santa Claus is coming to town

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows when you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake!

😁 😁
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-07-20)
Elhub, I don't think this is the place to be spouting off about your personal religious beliefs & to me, it comes across as pushing it upon the original poster. Those words of yours are quite presumptuous and have absolutely nothing to do with this already questionable story.
elhub (9 posts)
-2
6 years ago (2018-07-20)
Hi Hauntedforever13

We are always being watched. There is spiritual realm we cannot see with our natural eyes. There are angels who watch over us ordained from God Jehovah, but at the same time evil, unclean fallen angels AKA demons also watch us. These unclean evil spirits hates us and we deceive us and want nothing more to deter us from the Love of Jesus Christ.

Believe me I urge to plead the blood of Jesus Christ everywhere you go and before you sleep. His name means "God saves" and that is what He will do. Have faith in the Son of God and trust in Him. Turn to Him and repent of all transgressions and sins.

May God keep you safe
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-18)
Wait...at 9 years old some strange man comes in your room and starts rifling through your drawers - yet you don't do the normal thing, like screaming your head off for dad and mom, or ask why he's there, but you go to sleep?
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-18)
The inauspicious birth date, the haunted mansion, the cabin in the woods, the noted kinship with additional horror movie tropes - with all due respect, I am a bit on the fence on this one.

I do hope the OP writes back and answers some of the questions set forth by other commenters. Perhaps that might allay my skepticism.
PaigeB (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-18)
Yeah - how do you know if he goes back to sleep? He get's in bed with you's?
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-13)
Hauntedforever,

I just wanted to share a theory, maybe it will help you... If you believe that negative things will happen to you, then it will undoubtedly happen. Think of someone that says "I have the worst luck" or "bad things always happen to me", and sure enough, they do. I believe it has to do with our mindset.

Think positive and believe that good things will come to you and they will. Hope this helps 😊

Dee ❤
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-13)
Gee willikers, I was lucky to read this on our most unholy of days.

Hauntedforever, I too hope for some answers and could you please tell of the history of these most atypical homes you've resided. Where the paranormal is concern the home is not a detail to skimp.

Hope you can fill in the blanks and thanks for sharing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-12)
Hauntedforever13 - you better watch out or, even better, don't even get out of bed tomorrow! 😨

Https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/987906/Eclipse-2018-July-Friday-the-13th-bad-luck-solar-eclipse/amp
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-07-11)
Hauntedforever13 I do hope you participate in the discussion and answer ladyglow's questions.

It's a shame if this turns out to be one of those made up ones. 😕 Just saying 😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
6 years ago (2018-07-11)
Hauntedforever13 - I am almost 53 and there is no way in the world I would pull over and check my trunk if I thought there was someone in it! And was this only once or did this happen more than once?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-11)
Huh?

"We pretend to go to sleep as a man walks into my room, opens and shuts my drawers and goes back to sleep."

Did the "man" get into bed with you girls or did he leave the room?
Did the rest of your family "hear pots and pans clanging in the middle of the night" too or was it only you?

"I will be driving late at night and hear someone in the trunk of my car but I check and no one is there"

What do you hear, exactly? - Voices? Noises? Taps? - Could it be a loose object or mechanical part vibrating when the car is moving but stopping when not in motion?

Have you done any cleansing or blessing of the place? If not, it would be a good idea to perform one.

Don't mind the black cats, if anything, they are poor innocent victims of some people's ignorance and superstition.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: