You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Land Which Shouldn't Have Been Bought

Real Ghost Stories

The Land Which Shouldn't Have Been Bought

 

Namskar friends,

This incident was narrated by my aunt, who got to know this from her grandfather. It must have taken place, at least 90-100 years back. My aunt is well above 55, and the time period she suggests of, was when India was ruled by the Britishers. Then, her grandfather was a kid and used to live in a village in the Akola district of Maharashtra.

A brief bio of my aunt's family: My aunt comes from a prosperous family of landlords of the Akola. I myself have seen her ancestral house, which now in shambles and abandoned, still provides a glimpse of the wealth the family possessed back then.

In those days, the landlords used to own huge tracts of land, and kept trading small patches of land, or giving them on lease. It so happened, that my aunt's great grandfather (we'll call him ASHOK), had purchased a small patch of land adjoining his property for some reasons unknown to me. He had allotted farmers to toil the land for agricultural purposes.

One day, it happened that when the whole family of ASHOK was asleep, they heard stones being thrown upon their house, which hit the doors, making terrible noise and difficult for everyone to sleep. Ashok went outside to investigate with his servants, thinking that it might be the act of some miscreants. When they came outside and checked thoroughly, no one was to be seen. Neither were any rocks, thrown upon their house in sight. They thought that the person might have run away. They didn't hear anything that night.

After a week, they again started to hear rocks being thrown. This time, someone also kept banging the door. When checked outside, nobody was in sight. Now the family was terrified. They started having apprehensions that it might be the work of some spirit. It continued for the next coming days too, but now with a longer time duration. The activity kept continuing until daybreak, and would start in the midnight.

A priest was consulted, who told them that a spirit was attached to the land bought by ASHOK, and had been angry, after it was purchased by him. After some rituals and prayers, the activity stopped mysteriously. Although, ASHOK was asked to offer Prasad everyday at the temple nearby, while praying for the spirit. After that, never did anything happen there again.

May the force be with you!

Other hauntings by slim_shady

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, slim_shady, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sarah-E (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-06)
That is a good story Slim very scary but glad no more problems! ❤
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-26)
Hi, Slim Shady. Interesting series of events, but it also reinforces my growing belief that it is land that is haunted, and haunted houses are just very big haunted objects with indoor plumbing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: