You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Girl at the Bottom of the Stairs

Real Ghost Stories

Girl at the Bottom of the Stairs

 

I don't exactly how to categorize my experience an apparition or physical manifestation, but I am new to all this, so here I go. Living in Bedford all my life, our family was getting bigger. When my middle sibling, Sabrina, was born my parents decided to get a bigger house. So they purchased a four bedroom house not far from my birth home. I remember on the first day there, me and my sister were in our teens, while our parents were moving things from our old home to the new house, me and my older sister were told to look after Sabrina. I remember floor boards were bare and there was floral wallpaper in this one room, which, we were advised by mum and dad to stay in until they returned. I remember having a scared sensation about the house, either because it was big and dark or just plain empty and dull.

Now, a couple of years into living in this house, and disobeying my parents orders to come up late at night, I started to see a young girl aged about 8 or 10 years old, with long black hair draped over her face wearing a white olden days dress with what looked like a cold mist around her. Now every night I went to bed late I would see this girl standing there with head down, unable to see her face, I could feel her eyes piercing the back of my neck always getting a cold sensation rushing to my bedroom, praying and hoping she didn't follow. Even when I came home from clubbing I dreaded turning off the light and taking my first step on the stairs. For years upon years I kept seeing this young girl always calling out to my mum trying to keep some communication with the real world.

A good 13 to 14 years passed and I was convinced I was scaring myself every night imagining this young girl etc. But eventually I told my mum about what I was seeing, and my older sister over heard the conversation and came running into my room to explain how for years if she was the last person coming up would see the same girl, just standing there lifeless. From that point on I knew it could not have been my imagination and my older sister, different being, different mind was experiencing the same thing. My mum soon after blessed the house in her own Indian way and now the house feels more like a home.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, colinchohan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
I really liked your story, it seemed very real, and also scary. I could not imagine seeing that girl every night, I would be terrified, but maybe you get used to that kind of stuff.
Take care,
Chrono 😳
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-25)
Hi Colinchohan. I think you wrote in this story exactly what this little girl wanted. You wrote that for years you kept seeing this young girl calling out to your Mum trying to keep some communication with the real world. Only I do not think she knew you lived in the real world and she had passed. I am not sure if this was an intelligent haunting or if it were a residual, but if she were in the same place all the time, that would make her residual. The reason I do not know which type of haunting it was is the fact that after your Mum blessed the house you had no more occurrences. Huh, another reason why they call the occurences unexplained, I guess. Thank you for your story.
colinchohan (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
hello poltergeistfan, thank you for your comment. Close to mile road, no sorry, both my younger sisters are in john bunyan.
colinchohan (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
hello kimsouth0, thank you for your comment. I have tried to find out history of house, street, area, but am very unsuccessful. Any idea on where to start, would really like to find out more about her.
poltergeistfan (3 stories) (26 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
oh my god! I live in Bedford too, that's really weird. What part of Bedford and is any of your siblings in middle school? Maybe I know them. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
It sounds like a residual type of haunting. The girl may have unresloved issues within or surrounding and event in the home.

Do you have any history on the house or land?

God Bless!
colinchohan (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
hello angellface123, thank you for your comment. The amount of friends that have suggested I talk to her find out what she wants etc etc, I couldn't I was too scared to do it. I've tried to find out the history of my house, but failed on all attempts. Really need to find out where to start.
angellface123 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-28)
wow that was interesting... I have a hunted house but it is nuthing like that my spirts* or ghosts as people call them are nice ones. They don't really bother me but sometimes I notice one stands in my doorway and watches me why I sleep. Sometimes it really frecks me out so I just turn on the tv. But that's me. That little girl that you seen but have been wanting to be friends a lot of spirts do that becuase they are lonly. Either that or she was trying to reatch out for help. If I was you I would probably look up the history on the house, who previously lived in it, who built it. Stuff like that and find out if maybe that little girl died in that house. But that's what I would do. Lol 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: