You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Sister's Guardian Angel

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister's Guardian Angel

 

This story didn't happen to me but it happened to my sister. In our town there is a bridge that is on a dirt road that is said to be haunted. It's called Hollow Bridge. They say a couple were murdered and the wife still comes around every night about 2 am which is the time they died. This was about 100 years ago. (or so I am told do I believe that story not really but I'll go with it.) They also say that if you are there at night and you see her she will tell you something you don't want to know. When I was 15 and my sister was 17, I have seen something, one night my sister, her boyfriend, my boyfriend at the time and myself were all there around 2 a.m. It was a very clear night well all the sudden there was a fog that was rolling up to the bridge from the tree line about a quarter mile back. I couldn't believe my eyes so I freaked out and we left.

So forward a year, my sister who at the time had a different boyfriend, had called me balling her eyes out. After she calmed down she said that the hollow woman told her she would die on the hollow. (Which is a very dangerous road since it was not paved and it was very narrow.) I told her to calm down and that it was just her imagination, she would be fine. A few nights later (we shared a room) we were sleeping and she woke me up out of a dead sleep from her crying in hers. I woke her up annoyed and asked her what her deal was. She told me my grandmother (who neither of us met since both grandmothers passed before we were born) had come to her in her dreams telling her that one day she will need her and she will be there to protect her. At that point I was kind of freaked out but didn't let on to it and just told her to go back to sleep and forget about it.

Two weeks after the dream about 5 p.m. My brother comes rushing over to my friend's house which was right behind our house crying, and kept saying Amber, Amber, Amber. My sister being a very rebellious child and into bad things with bad people I asked ok what did she do now? It wasn't new that she had gotten picked up by the cops. He said she's in the hospital and that she was in a bad car accident on the Hollow. I felt my color drain from my body, it felt like my soul left me. I dropped to my knees remembering everything she had told me about the hollow and my grandmother. I knew at that time my mom, cousin and oldest brother were rushing to the hospital and hour and a half away, because she was life flighted. I grabbed my two younger brothers and held on to them for dear life. Thinking I could lose my sister I wanted to be as close to them as possible. The next 5 hours were hell for me, getting my brothers to sleep trying not to cry while I waited for the phone call to know what happened.

She had broke her neck, a hangmans fracture, along with her wrist and her upper arm (no I do not know the names of the bones lol) which went right through her elbow. The doctors said that she had a 30% of surviving the surgery and if she did she would be in a halo. Once she came out of surgery, if she survived the night she would only have a 15% chance of ever walking again. The next morning they took her out of the coma and she was talking and being her stubborn self. They realized that she was moving her feet and legs, we all cried. We couldn't believe that she had survived this and will walk again. The doctors say she had a guardian angel on her shoulder that night cause there is no medical reason as to why she should have survived.

Almost 10 years later she has a beautiful 8 year old little boy, yes still has problems with her neck and arm, but has never went down that road again, that road is now paved in certain areas and a very strict speed limit. But still to this day I say that she was warned and she had a loved one at her side that day.

Sorry so long, I hope you enjoyed the story.

Other hauntings by ahuff6513

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ahuff6513, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ahuff6513 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
I believe its haunted I just don't believe the story behind the haunting. I didn't believe it at the time, cause my sister like to make up stories. This one was not made up. The stories behind the hauntings are to far fetched like someone made them up plus I did research and couldn't find anything on the woman or her husband and about their death. There as been a few different stories on them so I don't know what happened to her but I pray I never have to see her face to face. There are many other hauntings on that bridge as well. A kid a few years older then me had committed suicide on that bridge, and still to this day even when its 90 degrees out if you stand in the spot he died you can see your breath. I just wish I knew exactly what happened to cause her to keep coming back night after night. Ty for reading
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-10)
Hi ahuff

Thanks for sharing your story. I am glad you sister made it through (with a little bit of grandmotherly assistance) 😉

I believe the spirits are around to help us when they are most needed. You never know, she may be around for you one day too.

Keep strong and happy

Sara xx
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-08)
Hi ahuff6513, I am glad your sister survived this horrific accident, and it sounds like the warnings she got were real. I wonder why you don't believe in the story of the haunted bridge if your sister had a 'real' warning from the lady?

Anyway, i'm glad there is a happy ending, and thanks for sharing 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: