You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandfathers Passing

Real Ghost Stories

Grandfathers Passing

 

My grandfather recently passed and there were a few strange occurrences that happened during his passing. I was hoping to get some more information and maybe some references to what could have happened.

To start with I will need to share some background information regarding my Aunty who was present during the passing. She once told me that she woke up one night with severe chest pain and thought she was having a heart attack. After a while however the pain subsided and she felt very calm. Later in she found out that at the time of her pain, one of her cousins (June) had suddenly passed away of a heart attack. My Aunty swears that June came to her and gave her pain to her through some kind of transference.

I have a bit of a fear of nursing homes and hospitals, so if I ever visited my grandfather in the nursing home I always felt extremely anxious and a bit sick. When we found out he only had a few days left to live, I decided I needed to visit him. When I went to his room I noticed I had no anxiety, instead I had a very calm and warm feeling. I also felt as though there was some kind of presence in the corner of his room. It was hard to explain but I could nearly see a light in the corner and it was very warm. I told my Aunty about the presence but she said she didn't actually feel anything.

The day before he passed, my Aunty, one of my grandpa's friends from the nursing home and me were all sitting in his room with him. Suddenly my Aunty said she had a headache and felt nauseous. A few moments later she lurched forward and started holding stomach in pain and crying, initially I thought the sadness of my grandpas passing had gotten to her and she was upset. A few moments later she collapsed onto the seat and said that my grandpa was giving her his pain, she said she could feel everything he was feeling.

She was fine for a while until some more family arrived (my mum, dad and sister as well as my grandfathers wife) and the same thing happened again, this time she was sitting on a chair in the corner (the same corner I could feel the warm presence from) and she was making these choking noises. She finally came out if it again and she told us that everything was ok now and my grandfather was no longer in any pain. She also said that she was drawn to the corner that I had previously mentioned to her, and that she now believes there was a spirit or some energy in that corner. I asked my Aunty to explain exactly what she felt so I could share the story on the site, her exact words were:

'It was a pain transference through my abdomen and chest through three chakra points. It was very hot and felt the colour purple. I was calm and relaxed inside me and the \'forc' only used me to make Sam's (my grandpa) pain away. I also feel this is when the essence or soul of him passed'

Once everything had settled down we decided to all sit in a circle around the room and hold hands (my Aunty's idea). We all sat holding hands and sending good energy to grandpa and we all suddenly became extremely hot, most of us had to take our jumpers off.

The only other thing that happened was the morning he passed away while I was driving to the nursing home my grandma called to say he wasn't good and I needed to hurry. I remember knowing he was going to pass soon and I was worried I wouldn't make it to him in time to say one last goodbye. So while I was driving there I told him to wait for me. 15 minutes after I arrived he passed away; I truly believe he waited for me. I can also feel warmth in my chest; I believe a part of my grandpa is with me and that he will stay there forever.

Thanks for reading the story, I know it was a bit disjointed but I do hope you understood. If you have any insight into any of these occurrences I would love to hear, especially the pain transferal. My grandfathers friend at the nursing home did suggest my Aunty could be an empath.

Other hauntings by Jaiicee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jaiicee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jaiicee (3 stories) (8 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-27)
Thanks everyone for your responses! I do understand that the way I have written the story it may have sounded like an attention seeking thing but I don't believe that to be true. Her physical behavior at the time could not have been faked, I believe she had a genuine physical experience, however if it wasn't paranormal it would have been a panic attack. RedWolf when you are near death your body is unable to clear any mucous so you end up having it sit on your chest and develop chest infections etc. My Aunty said she felt suffocated and could feel the pain of breathing. I am just not sure what happened, from witnessing it I would have to say either panic attack or supernatural.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Jaiicee
First my condolences to you and your family. If your grandfather had a heart attack why was your Auntie having stomach pain? I can understand the chest pain but I don't think it was from your grandfather since she only did this when she had an audience. No disrespect to your aunt but he would be heavily sedated and not be able to transfer his pain. I would say she was having sympathy pain not empathetic pain. To make an example it's like going to a Baptist Church and people fainting because they were too fervent about the service. Like Tweed said I think that you are more of an Empath.
Regards and Best Wishes to you.
Red
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-13)
Jaiicee, Tweed and Gayatrishiva, I am very sorry for your loss, Jaiicee. It did sound, in the story, like the aunt might have had these experiences more when certain people were around. But being an empath myself, I often feel a certain kind of anxiety at the time of death of people I know. It can go on for a couple of days around the death, too, both before and after. I do not experience their symptoms, but I do not tune into those unless I have been doing healing on them. Being open can manifest differently in different people. It can change in one person over time, too, especially with practice. I also think traumatic events can enhance psychic abilities. These often make us more open to all the energies around, and there are a lot, from our usual ghosts, animal/nature spirits/otherworldly energies. We are just barely starting to understand.

If your auntie feels uncomfortable with her abilities, she can make changes, set boundaries. Just some thoughts.

Best to you, Jaiicee. Thanks for sharing.
Hecate
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-12)
Hi Gayatrishiva and Jaiicee,

When I reread my initial comment I realised I was speaking from the assumption that everyone would know I believe in emphatic responses such as what the Aunt was describing. I should have been a bit more clear. I do believe these more extreme reactions can and do happen to empaths.

My only suspicion with Jaiicee's Aunt was the timeline. I suspected that the Aunt was possibly 'faking' the responses, possibly as a way to cope with grief. It wasn't the nature of the Aunt's experiences which had me worried, only when the Aunt had them which gave me concern.
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-10)
Hi Tweed and all I felt similar experience the day my younger brother who was 19yrs old passed away suddenly of heart attack in his college. That particular day I was on my way from my brother in law's home to airport. Previous day I was all fine but that fateful day morning as soon as I got up I was feeling heavy heart and felt my stomach is churning up. I did feel the urge to call my brother but thought he will be in college why to disturb him. I really wish now I should have listened to my guts to call and talk to him. Any way on my way to airport while going in car I couldn't sit I was feeling this great grief with unease and stomach churning and heart heaviness I checked my bp it was normal (I am having high bp). So I took two pillows and was laying down on back seat with pillows. Enroute to airport I got a call from my dad saying my brother has passed away of heart attack. And now whatever I was feeling was now doubled and I vomited and had to empty my bowel as I stooped in a gas station. So I personally think her Aunt might be feeling it.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-09)
Jaiicee,

It's with great hesitance that I type this because I know you've suffered a great loss for which I'm so sorry. I've been there myself it hurts like hell.

While reading your story I was unsettled by your Aunt's involvement. She seemed to be driving the whole trip. For this reason I urge you to take what she does/says with a grain of salt and not take her word for everything. She may be coping with this grief in an unusual way, by ways of getting attention, perhaps this helps her, I won't judge. That said, I did get the distinct impression she wasn't really 'feeling' what it appeared she was feeling. Again, this could be the grief manifesting in an unusual way. Just keep an eye on this. The timeline of everything you experienced, and she experienced, I simply couldn't ignore it.

Take care of yourself, and take care of your Aunt.
PS I feel you are more the empath in this story. Don't doubt your abilities. What you have felt points to positivity concerning your Granddad. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: