You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Woman Who Visited Me Every Night

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman Who Visited Me Every Night

 

This happened to me when I was a four-year-old. This is something I've always remembered.

Every night, my mom put me to bed. Just another normal night in the house. But every night when my mom left, I would wait for somebody. Someone I now call The White Woman (for a reason).

Every night I woke up, and my two brothers were sleeping across from me. But standing in front of me, was her. She didn't really scare me any. To me, she was normal. She would sit beside me on my bed. We sometimes talked. I don't remember anything we talked about.

A lot of times, I looked up at her. She would just be looking in front of herself. I never knew why. She was just like that.

Sometimes I wanted my brothers to wake up. I didn't want to make much noise, though. She one time slapped me on the leg because I was kind of doing that. It didn't really hurt. I could barely feel it. I didn't get upset or anything.

If I had to describe her, she was all white. A kind of glowing white. Her hair went over her shoulders (her hair was also white). I don't remember if she ever smiled. I don't recall her ever doing that.

Years later at the age of thirteen, I got into paranormal. That's when the memories came back to me.

I started to tell people. Sometimes they would say, "Maybe it was your mom." I know it wasn't my mom. That woman's hair was longer than my mom's was at the time.

My dad said maybe it was an angel. That's a bit confusing. There are no female angels from what I've heard. But they can be in disguise. I don't know if it was one or not.

I decided to find some pictures to see who The White Woman resembles the most. Out of all my relatives, I would say my dad's mom. She died before any of her grandchildren were born. She also kind of looked like her. She also never smiled much. (At least from what I've seen from my dad's pictures.) But she was still a nice person. Like the woman who visited me every night. That's pretty much it for my story.

If that was my grandma visiting me, I don't know what to think. This still bugs me to this day.

That could have been my deceased grandma, but I guess I'll never know. It will always be a life mystery to me.

Other hauntings by RadioGuy42

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RadioGuy42, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chel (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-09)
Your description of the glowing white figure really sounds like a ghost to me. I've also seen a fully materialized ghost -- there were two of them -- and they looked like they were made of moonlight. A greyish white light that is bright and dim at the same time. Ghosts are incandescent, meaning they create their own light.

From my experiences, ghosts are ghosts. They may be related to you, or they may just be in the same place as you. Guides or guardians are spirits who may or may not have ever been human. They don't seem to be relatives, either. At least not in the traditional sense.

Not saying no one has ever had a guide who was their dead relative, I just don't think that's how it happens. I have been told (by one of my guides!) that guides are assigned at birth. I assume the assignment is based on what your karma/destiny is in this lifetime. Just my thoughts based on a lifetime of spirit world encounters!
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-19)
PS - And by "Heaven" I actually mean whatever happy place spirits wind up. I hold no actual religion and couched things in Christian terms because I was thinking back on my mother's own Christian interpretations. I do not doubt her stories, however. She's had prophetic dreams and when she was younger could "see" people. She grew out of it, and when I grew out of it, she told me "good, focus on the real world." The spirit world was eating me alive. I had to cut it off. But I'm opening up again... Maybe someday I will actually see a ghost.

Thank you for sharing your story, by the way. I think your instinct that this is a relative makes perfect sense.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-19)
My first thought was "guardian angel". My mother had a guardian angel with whom she chatted late at night when she was a young child sleeping on a cot in a closet. She had a really rough childhood. Drunken, abusive father. So the guardian angel came to her when she was crying and chatted with her and cheered her up. (She'd been suicidal since age 4.) One day, though, her father threw her and her head hit the floor so hard that she got knocked out. A huge and scary but beautiful woman angel in a red dress stood before her and said, "No, child. Now is not your time. Return to your world." And my mom woke up. For that reason, every Christmas, we placed an angel with a red dress on top of our tree.
IMHO, people have multiple guardian angels and guardian "angels" (passed on loved ones). Perhaps the guardian angels help the passed on humans travel between Heaven and our plane. I'm just babbling here. I claim no knowledge of how the spirit world actually works except in certain scenarios. Just a few thoughts!
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
RadioGuy42, thanks for your story. I agree with Wardo questioning why she couldn't be an angel. Too many rules there... Then, I think even when they are at peace, family members stay near. Love binds powerfully. Just ask your grandmother if she is there. If it was her, ask her to give you a sign. Be specific, a yellow sock. Whatever. Something uncommon for you so when you see it, you will know. So, maybe no a mystery for life. 😊

Again, thanks for your story. Best to you.
Hecate
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
This is a sweet story indeed! Radioguy I never had these kind of experience but it is really worthy to read it...
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Wait, why couldn't she be an angel? Just look up guardian angel pictures, they are always female! On the other hand, it was probably a ghost, and could have been your grandma. Sorry, I just had to chime in, though! Thank you for sharing.
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Nice one
I guess she was your grandmother for sure as she didn't harm you and she looked like your grandmother. Maybe she wanted to see how her grandchildren were and just came to see them. She shared something special with you as she was seen by you alone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: