You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Visited By An Old Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Visited By An Old Friend

 

First a little backstory. I'm moving in with my grandmother. At first I was scared to do so because I have never once moved in my entire lifetime, so I feel as though this is uprooting my entire life. This is also complicated by the fact that I had some bad experiences in this house as a child that made me scared to come back that I thought I had gotten over until I started moving in (they are not paranormal in nature and I don't like talking about it, so I won't elaborate).

I started feeling nervous in the house due to the previous bad experience. I hated being alone. I had a lot of nightmares. It got to the point where I almost told my grandmother I couldn't do this and moved back in with my dad. And then that's when I saw him.

I was walking out of one room of the house and saw my grandmother's cat sitting on the floor in the doorway to her room. He looked at me and started purring and then turned around and walked back into the room. I followed him in and looked for him but the room was empty.

My grandmother's cat has been dead for almost ten years and due to her developing a cat allergy, she hadn't gotten another one in that time. I told her that I thought I saw him and she just replied, "I still see him sometimes too."

I used to play with that cat when I was little and I think maybe he might still be around and sensed how scared I was moving in, so maybe he came to see me to let me know he's still there and it'll be okay. Oddly it seems to have worked as I don't feel so scared to be here anymore.

I still sometimes see him around from time to time, but it's usually only quick glimpses of him disappearing around corners or sitting inside rooms as I walk past. It's definitely a nice change of pace from the previous paranormal encounters I've experienced (I will probably share those on a later date).

Oddly this isn't the first time I've seen ghostly animals. I used to see my dog watching me from atop the stairs right after he died and think he might have been making sure we were going to be okay before he left. It could have been a reaction caused by grief, but I genuinely think it was him.

Other hauntings by Parabol

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Parabol, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
awww what a sweetie kitty. It touches me deeply that he is thoughtful =)
Parabol (8 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Thanks for the welcome guys.:) The transition to the move is going a lot more smoothly now, especially now that I know Rascal is still there looking after us.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Hi Parabol! First of all welcome to YGS. I would also reciprocate the same as said by others.
Thanks for sharing this nice story.

With warm regards
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Oh, this story is so sweet.

As an animal lover and someone who owns three kitties, it always warms my heart to hear this sort of story.

It's very sweet that it never left your grandmother.
hollysummer (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
I think you are right, you did see your Grandmothers cat. Animals come back in friendship. Your Grandmothers cat came to make you feel safer and to welcome you, I would say.
My son came home from school years ago, when he was five, to tell me out little poodle had sat with him all through the morning school. He had passed over a few months before. He told me that he often saw him. It really was a comfort.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: