You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Orbs And The People

Real Ghost Stories

Orbs And The People

 

"Orbs"

I previously wrote a story before about my experiences with orbs. I just wanted to find out people's opinions on my latest development, I'm grateful for any input.

I've seen orbs from a young age, everywhere and anywhere and I kind of understand what they are and I'm fine with that. Unfortunately last year in September a beautiful friend of mine of 12 years passed away quite suddenly, even though she had been battling with cancer for nearly 4 years. Don't get me wrong, we knew she was terminal but her condition deteriorated so quickly, her passing in the space of 3 days was an absolute shock.

Now since my friend passed away, my daily experience with orbs has ceased completely. I just don't see them anymore. For the first 3 months I willed for myself to see them, because they have been part of my life for 25ish years. I just wanted to ask if anyone can shed any light on why I don't see them anymore?

I must admit that when my friend passed obviously I was grieving but I did accept that she wasn't here anymore, very quickly. This in itself shocked me, due to my ability to do this. And since September I have seemed to be quite hardened, I could even go to as far as saying heartless towards people I know (I'm actually shocked I have written that but it's true). I used to be an emotional person, sensitive to people's needs and very considerate, but now I feel I have changed. I know people experience grief differently and I have had plenty experiences of bereavement but they never effected me like my friend has. Sorry if I have waffled, I just don't have anyone I can speak to for advice.

"The People"

I have always been very open minded and have had some, I'd say paranormal experiences. I just wanted to ask people's opinions on what I'm about to write. I have a 3 year old daughter. She is intelligent, good at communicating and is pretty straightforward to be honest; black is black, white is white, she tells me when I have a spot if I have one! I think you get the jist!

Now about a year ago my niece wanted to borrow my hard case suitcase for her overnight school trip. My suitcase is always in my storage cupboard, due to it containing my fake tanning equipment. So when I knew she required it, I emptied the suitcase and gave it to my niece, nothing paranormal in that. When she returned the suitcase I told her to place it in my daughter's playroom, as this is where the storage cupboard is located.

This playroom is just that, my daughter plays in there because this is where the majority of her toys are, plus she is a messy player and I just love closing the door so I don't have to see the mess she has made. I only ever go in there to do my drying, clean and tidy up.

So the suitcase was returned and to be honest it was in the corner of the room for weeks and one day I decided to store my tanning equipment back in it and return to the cupboard. I lifted the suitcase to lay it down so I could unzip it and it didn't feel empty. When I opened it, to my surprise it was full of my daughter's hardback books and some of her toys. This I thought straightaway was odd because the zip around the suitcase is very stiff and only I can just manage it, there is no way my daughter would even have been able to open it. Plus if she had have opened it I'd have heard her, she would have been telling me about the suitcase and she would have played with it for hours (she's like a dog with a bone) and I would have witnessed her playing with it.

Due to there being no way she could have opened the suitcase I have never questioned her about it, also I told her not to touch it, because I didn't want her to sit on it or anything. I did ask my niece if she returned the suitcase empty, she replied that she did. I also asked her if she had played with it with my daughter, she stated no. When I told her and my sister what I found inside it they were very confused and even mentioned how stiff the zip is.

Now this leads me onto "the people". Myself and my daughter live in a ground floor apartment and since she has been old enough to understand, I have explained to her other people live in other apartments, because sometimes we can hear our neighbours. On occasion there has been a noise, sound and she has asked me what it was and I explained it was "the people" neighbours and she has always been happy with my explanations, not worried or scared in anyway.

My daughter always wakes up before me and plays (she is a very early riser, unfortunate for me). A few weeks ago she went into our lounge, then immediately came running back to the bedroom very scared and crying, she literally jumped onto my bed. But at the time she was also pushing a little toy shopping trolley which she launched in front of her and it hit me full in the face. As she was so distressed, I grabbed her and gave her a cuddle.

I spoke to her and let her calm down first before I questioned her, asking her what was wrong. She told me that "the people were in the curtains in the room". I asked her what people, she repeated "the people". I told her there was no one there (I didn't investigate) but she insisted there were and was quite upset for a while.

On an other occasion my sister and niece were visiting. We were sat in the lounge and my daughter decided to take herself into the bedroom. It wasn't long until she came running into the lounge, crying, stating "the people" were there, she has also done this numerous times whilst playing her in playroom. I must say I always dismiss "the people" and inform my daughter there is nothing there.

A couple of weeks after my sister's visit, she actually told me when my daughter ran into the lounge upset, she saw a shadow of a person on the lounge door, which was directly next to me and I didn't see anything. My daughter has said things about "the people" on numerous occasions for a while now but then again she is only 3, nearly 4 years old now. Her distress, upset has never been prolonged and she has never referred to incidents again and I have never questioned her. The only thing I have ever asked her is, is it a boy or a girl and she never answers my question.

The only thing that has made me question "the people" is this incident. My daughter was playing in another room and I was in my bedroom writing my shopping list or something. I was doing this sat at my bedside table and on the floor directly next to it was pieces of my daughter's jigsaw she had been playing with. Whilst I was writing, I heard a little slap sound and felt a sensation on the top of my bare foot and when I looked down, a piece of jigsaw had landed on my foot. For some reason I immediately said out loud, "no" and carried on with my shopping list.

The events that have occurred haven't bothered me, just made me think at the time and I put my daughters behaviour down to her age. Does anyone have any thoughts? Where we live is a new build, built on the land where an old mill was located for at least 80 years maybe more. A neighbour has informed me that our apartments are built on what was the car park.

Regards, Sam

Other hauntings by samtillie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, samtillie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-19)
Thank you all for your advice. I fully understand now, just after reading these comments ❤
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-19)
I wrote all that because I thought of my ancestor, Daddy Ice, who ran a grist mill. During times of war, he'd feed the soldiers. When native Americans traipsed through, he'd feed them, trade with them, and allow them to camp out his fields. That sort of hospitality was passed down in my line. He was originally from the Netherlands. You may very well have a generous but ornery ghost in your home.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-19)
It's painful to lose loved ones. Personally, I constructed my spiritual barrier. I spent hours and hours barricading myself. I'd add to the barrier every night before sleep. Did it for years. And I know I constructed it well because psychics have said things to me such as "I can't see you," with a shocked look on their face, or, the more interesting one was "Something happened to you. You are in a barricade surrounded in fire. Every time I get close, I am attacked with great fury and a gust of fire. Why did you build this?"

It seems to me that the sudden loss of your friend did, indeed, harden you. And that is very understandable. If you miss the orbs (which I don't know anything about but assume they are related to the spirit world), and can't see things to protect loved ones, you may want to learn to open up. It will require visualization of your true self and recognition of the barrier and your slowly tearing it down. I'd recommend any kind of meditation, perhaps a professional in these matters to help guide you through the process. You can do it yourself, but it takes a lot of focus. You can even do it in your sleep. I'm still working on mine. It will be years before I'm open again. (And even so, I intend to leave behind some safeguards.)

I agree that "the people" may potentially be manifestations, but it's also possible they were there all along. Tidying up the room when you're not there. Dropping a jigsaw puzzle piece on your foot. You can't "see" them so they are trying to make up for it by doing things which demonstrate their presence. This says to me that either a) this is a manifestation of your subconscious saying "Hey, wake up, you're being too hard on people." or it could be a spirit who's observed your behavior and mood trying to help out a little and signal to you that you're out of line.

Just my own personal thoughts. You can open up again, if you want to. Please take care. ❤
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Just a thought about the orbs... I think that you explained what I was thinking just after you asked your question about why you can not sense them any longer. You may have closed yourself off to it completely, as you mentioned you have grown a little cold toward people. It is entirely possible that your gift has gone now. Just my two cents. Thank you for sharing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Sam - it took me quite a few years, and a lot of help from very close friends (YGS ones) to get me here. I think sometimes we create our own monsters, you know? My daughter and I had a similar conversation a week or so ago, how whatever is going on in our lives can manifest into something else.

And you're welcome ❤
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Miracles, you are very welcome. At least you are aware of yourself. I have remembered now that once my sister had a malevolent spirit in her home, it appeared when she was having troubles in her relationship. Once her difficulties where resolved the spirit went as magically as it appeared. So I understand why things happen now. Thank you again for the suggestions ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Sam - thanks for the vote of confidence on my mental state. There are days it is highly questionable 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Sam - yeah, I'm good. It took a long, long time for me to get over the fear, have it taken care of, and realize that was what was holding me back. Once all that was in place, paranormal things starting happening quickly.

With my son it was more a case of do I really want to do this right now, with my kids little?

My family member, well he still doesn't want to talk about it but I've accepted he does love me and it's his problem, not mine LOL 😆 I also realized if I shut down everytime someone doesn't believe in me, I would never experience anything and my world would be forever changed. I like my world LOL

You may know from other conversations on other stories that I keep a journal. I keep all of my kids' experiences in it too, including dreams that seem a bit different than normal. That's why I suggested the journal. It does make a difference sometimes, being able to track events.

Keep us updated, okay? About the orbs and the people.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Miracles
Thank you for that, are you ok now? Even just reading Hecate's and the comment from yourself, I feel that what you are both saying is right and it makes sense to me.

I will also keep a note of what else happens if it does. The usual occurrence is of my daughter running to me upset because I think "the people" have scared or startled her. I haven't had anything happen directly to myself for a few weeks. By the way you aren't crazy ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Samtillie - I think our abilities are tied to our emotions. Mine are, at least. I shut down once because I feared someone who had died. It took a long time then for me to get back. And again when I had my son, I shut everything down. Maybe not intentionally, but I did. And then one of my closest family members told me it sounded like I was borderline schizophrenic and I shut down. It definitely wasn't intentional then, but I was hurt that he didn't believe in me and thought I was crazy. So everything stopped for awhile. After I realized what I'd done, things started coming back.

The only thing I can suggest about your daughter's experiences is to keep a journal noting when/where she sees them and if she offers other details. Maybe it'll help determine if this is residual or intelligent.

I wish you the best and hope you find answers.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Hecate
Thank you for your reply. I don't know if "the people" are real, even though odd events have happened to me. So I'll assume that they are. My daughter hasn't mentioned them for a week or so and she normally mentions them a couple of times a week. I will ask her the type of questions you have suggested, when she says something next time. I am aware of Rook and his cleansing, thank you.

Now that you have mentioned it I can see how my grief could be related. Even though I have accepted very quickly she isn't here anymore, the situation has made me hardened with aspects of life in general and not just her passing and it occurred practically over night, so I can see the link. I think its time I made changes, thanks for pointing this out to me. Thank you also for your input and suggestions, I very much appreciate it ❤
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Hi Sam, thanks for your story. I am so sorry for your loss. I will come back to that part.

I would wait until your daughter brings up 'the people' again, but this time, ask her openended questions. Things like,

"What did you see?" "Describe them" "Where are they?"

She may not see faces but only mists. Questions about gender may make her nervous since she knows she should be able to answer that but perhaps cannot.

If you would rather not have them there, you can do a cleansing/blessing of your house. You may have seen us all regaling people with tales of Rook's famous cleansing method (search Rookdyjin on this site). Since your daughter seems nervous about them, even if they are not malevolent, you may want to ask them to leave.

Now, your grief... It may be related to this. You can be attracting something or your grief could be projecting, like a poltergeist. Healthy grief usually does not harden our hearts, and it seems you know this. Grieving does take time, though. And it is different for different people. Heck, it is different for one person after different losses. There are guided meditations on youtube focused on grieving. You may want to try one of these, Sam. Everything about us as a species is designed to bond. When we lose someone we love, it is like losing part of ourselves. Try some new things. I hope something here helps. Please take good care.

Hecate ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: