You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Inexplicable Eerie Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Inexplicable Eerie Experiences

 

I am sharing my recent experiences in hopes of getting some responses from others that are familiar with what is is I may be dealing with and to get some insight and advice on my situation.

My first strange experience occurred approximately three weeks ago, the week of June 22, 2015. I am not sure of the exact date that this occurred, I did not think much of it, I just brushed it off and figured there was a reason for it. I was spending the evening at my boyfriend's place, he lives in the barracks of Fort Bliss as he is in the U.S. Army.

Anyway he had already fallen asleep about 4 hours prior to my experience. It was about 2:50 am, I was watching Netflix and suddenly felt sleepy. I turned off the show, stood up from his bed and left his room to use the restroom. As I walked out of his room, I left his bedroom door cracked open behind me. When I got about four feet away from his bedroom door, it shut behind me. It creeped me out a bit, but I just shrugged it off and continued to the restroom.

Once I was done, I walked back to my boyfriend's door and knocked so he could let me in. I heard his bed creak as he got up, he opened the door and asked "What happened? Why did you close the door?" I answered, "I didn't, it must've just shut behind me." We both thought nothing of it and went to bed, that same evening I had nightmares.

The following day I kept thinking about the door closing on me. What stuck out as strange to me was that I left the door cracked open about two inches. There have been instances where I have left the door cracked open less than half an inch and it does not close, so I found that a bit odd. No windows were open that could have caused the door to close, the air conditioner was not on either. Just strange.

Fast forward about a week, to July 2, 2015. I was in the vehicle with two of my friends, we'll call them Krystal and Alex. We were driving on our way to Dallas, TX to spend the weekend celebrating Independence Day. On our way there my friend Krystal revealed to us that as she waited for Alex and I to pick her up for our weekend trip, she heard knocking on her window and that she figured it to be a spirit that her entire family had recently been hearing/seeing. I won't get too into her story, but two things I will mention, because they are relevant to my experiences, are that she said during her experiences with this entity, it went from hearing it, to one night waking up and seeing a man leaning over her, smiling. Then hearing it knock on her window the night we left for our trip.

Now to my recent experiences. It all began the evening that I went to sleep on Monday night, July 13, 2015. The actual event occurred on Tuesday morning, July 14th at around 2:50 am. I was awoken by the sound of someone knocking on my window. As I awoke, three more knocks occurred and then completely stopped. My toddler daughter was asleep in the same bed as I. When I opened my eyes after hearing the knocking, she turned over from her right shoulder to her left, as if something had disturbed her from her sleep, she never awoke though. I'm assuming the knocking was heard by her as well.

I laid on my bed for about a minute before getting up to wake my father and mother to tell them someone was outside of my window. My father went outside, looked all over our house and found no one. We all went back to sleep.

Later on that same day, the evening of July 14th, at around 11:40 pm I sat in my bedroom alone, with my bedroom light and my television both turned on. At that time I made 4 calls to my boyfriend's cell phone, he did not answer as he did not hear his phone vibrating. After the 4th unanswered call to him, at about 11:45 pm, I set my phone face-up on my bed and went to my restroom down the hall from my bedroom to wash off my makeup and brush my teeth. I returned to my bedroom at 11:54 pm, my phone was still face-up in the same position and place that I left it. I checked my phone and saw that I had 5 missed calls from my boyfriend. I opted out of calling him, and instead sent him a text message that read "Hey, sorry, I was in the restroom washing off my makeup. I'm going to try to get some sleep. Goodnight, I love you."

Immediately after I sent him that text message he called me, I answered with "hello," his response was "Please tell me you answered your phone the second time that I called you." I told him "No, my phone was in my bedroom the entire time I was in the restroom." He freaked out and told me "The second call I made to you was answered, all I could hear was what sounded like water coming out of a faucet and a strange voice that I could not make out." He told me he hung up out of fear. Creeped out, he says he got up from his bed and turned on all of the lights in his bedroom while he waited for me to return his missed calls.

This made my entire body turn cold, I was terrified. I told him not to hang up, I slowly walked to my bedroom closet and peeked inside, no one was there. I was baffled. I don't understand how that could have happened, everyone in my home was asleep with their bedroom doors closed.

That evening my daughter was sleeping with my parents in their bedroom. Normally I would have figured it was her to answer my phone, but she was down the hall in another bedroom. I didn't want to spend my evening alone, so I asked my boyfriend to come pick me up so I could spend the night at his place. We stayed on the phone while he drove here. When he arrived I asked him to meet me at my front door, he said he would, then we hung up as I told him I would be there in a minute.

At that time I was sitting on the very edge of my bed, my bedroom light and television were still turned on. I stood up from my bed, bent over and picked my purse up that was situated on the floor right next to my feet. As I picked it up and looked up, my television was suddenly off. I figured I must've stepped on the remote control to my TV, so I picked up two pillows that were on the floor, assuming that the remote was under them. It wasn't. I figured maybe I had pressed the remote with my hand while I was on the bed, so I picked up the comforter on my bed and shook it, the remote was not in it. Next, I lifted up a pillow that was next to where I was sitting on my bed, the remote was not there either. Lastly, I lifted up a pillow that was on my bed, situated against my wall. I was nowhere near this pillow at the time that my TV turned off, there was the remote. I got chills.

I found it strange that my TV turned off right as I was about to leave my house. The TV provider that I have has a setting that turns your television off after 4 hours of no interaction. As I am one that likes to sleep with my television on all night, I turned off that setting about a year ago, so there is no timer or reason for my television to turn off by itself. At some points, my television will stay on for 24+ hours with no problems and without it turning off. That day my television was on for only 14 hours. After that occurrence I ran to my front door to meet my boyfriend. We went on our way to his place and slept fine all night.

The following day, July 15, 2015, I went to visit my grandparents at their home. I informed my grandmother about the occurrences. She advised me to get my home, specifically my bedroom, blessed. She had experiences decades ago and got her home blessed, after that nothing ever occurred again.

So that evening, at about 7 pm, my father put holy water, that was brought from Europe by my grandmother, all over my bedroom. He put a blessed rosary above my bed (FYI we are Catholic). All of this made me feel safer. After he put holy water in my bedroom, I left to go eat at a restaurant with my boyfriend.

After our dinner, we went back to my boyfriend's place at about 9:45. We watched a movie for about an hour before starting to feel sleepy, and turning off the TV and lights to go to bed. I fell asleep at about 11:00 to 11:15 pm.

Later on, I'd say anywhere from 1:30 am to 3:30 am (July 16, 2015) my boyfriend moved over in the bed and it awoke me. At this time I was asleep with my face and body facing the wall. Once I was awoken I completely turned my body and face the opposite way, to go from laying on my left shoulder to now laying on my right. After I turned and situated myself on my right shoulder I opened my eyes, and about 6 feet away from my boyfriend's bed, I saw a man, about 5 foot 10 to 6 feet, standing there, staring straight at me, smiling. He was wearing a white shirt. I closed my eyes very tight and opened them again, assuming that maybe I was just seeing things as I was groggy and had just woken up. He was still there. I put the blanket over my face and went back to sleep.

My friend Krystal experienced someone knocking on her window and a man standing over her, smiling, as she was sleeping, which, as you all know by now, occurred to me.

I am very confused and scared. I'm not sure if there is a logical explanation for all of these occurrences or if there is really something around me. I have never experienced anything like this before, so it's all very surreal to me. This is stuff that I see in the movies, on TV, I would have never imagined it could happen to me.

If you all have experienced anything similar and have some information to share with me, please share everything and anything you know. Anything helps. Advice, your similar stories, what you did, or what someone you know did to make occurrences stop.

Thank you all in advance.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nnndrea, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
nnndrea
SMH. This story I believe is who's on first,what's on second, I don't know is on third. LMAO

Sorry I had to say that. When I have a weak spirit or an annoying one
I say the lords prayer and ask for protection. Then I tell the spirit (s) that I don't want them and they are not welcome so they have to leave my house NOW. It works 99% of the time. I have to admit though that with my dark brown eyes I can be pretty scary when I get mad at someone. If this method doesn't work do Rookdygins cleansing/shielding method.
Regards
Red

Off topic.Rook,Tweed,& Val go back to my story about Jethro and read my comments. Warning tissues needed
Red
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
nnndrea - You are definitely not alone. I have seen, heard, felt the presence of spirits as documented in my stories on this site. I feel that you have an entity attached to you for some reason, and I also believe, like others, it should not be too difficult to rid yourself of "it". Start with Rook's cleansing and if you need more help, let us know. We are always willing to help people with a genuine need. Thank you for sharing!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
nnandrea,
How could you, upon seeing a strange man in the room, simply put the blanket over your face and go back to sleep?!? Pretty sure, I would have bolted from the bed, while yelling my head off. Of course my first thought would have been intruder NOT ghostie. And you made no attempt to wake the boyfriend, either? Dang... I'm really not sure if I admire your nerves, or if I think that was bloody silly of you. I do know I would NOT have gone back to sleep. I'd be too scared.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
hahaha! I did NOT expect to start my reply to this story on a laughing note, thanks Rook!

Sorry about the off topicness Nnndrea,

I agree with Rook, that you are dealing with an idiot. I know it's scary, believe me, but on the up side this individual will be easy to get rid of. Talk to your boyfriend about having his home similarly blessed, cleansed, whichever feels right to you both. Also keep an eye on your friends to make sure it doesn't attach to any of them.

Trust me you are NOT alone! I've dealt with knocking and I know how amazingly unsettling, terrifying it is. Please keep us posted and ask any questions. Knocking/manifestations are very common, Perhaps it's seen as a 'classic haunting' in the spirit realm. But rest assured this will be easily dealt with.
Take care. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
nnndrea,

I have to get this out of the way BEFORE continuing... Please excuse me...

You stated...

"My first strange experience occurred approximately three weeks ago, the week of June 22, 2015. I am not sure of the exact date that this occurred..."

That's fine... More important is this...

"I was spending the evening at my boyfriend's place, he lives in the barracks of Fort Bliss as he is in the U.S. Army."

And lastly...

"The following day I kept thinking about the door closing on me. What stuck out as strange to me was that I left the door cracked open about two inches. There have been instances where I have left the door cracked open less than half an inch and it does not close, so I found that a bit odd. No windows were open that could have caused the door to close, the air conditioner was not on either."

A/C off in his room in Fort Bliss Texas...TEXAS?

You were just crazy from the heat...😲

Sorry had to...

Back to your experiences...

It sounds as if your boyfriend lives in an 'open barracks' one that allows over night visitors, am I correct... The door closeing COULD have been caused by someone, possibly someone on another floor opening or closeing a door or even going out an exit causeing enough change in air preasure that the door closed but you did not hear or feel the change. I would not read to much into it.

As far as the knocking on your window, the phone call and you seeing a manifestation...let's try this...

Your friend had attracted a spirit of some sort... She told you about this spirit and 'it' felt your reaction to her experience and because the Blessing preformed at her house had 'chased' it out it attached itself to you... This 'spirit' enjoys a 'high fear' enviroment so it starts by knocking on the windows, just like it did with your friend. It then adds some energy from your boyfriend by 'answering' your phone. The TV being turned off was a continuation of 'it' generating fear.

You then spoke to your Grandparent (s) and your room was 'cleansed and blessed' so the spirit followed you to your boyfriends, pushing the 'scare you' envelope as much as it could becasue it knows you are on to it and you will soon be taking measures that chase it away.

I (personal feelings here... My OPINION) feel this is a nuisance spirit that thrives on the energy 'fear' can provide. The one that bothered your friend and is now bothering you is not particularly strong so a simple Cleansing and Blessing of yourself, your home and your boyfriends room should be enough to rid yourself of it.

Now of course it may be something else... But I think I will let ZuluGirl enlighten us as to how 'dire' the situation may be. 😉

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: