You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Woman In The Kitchen Doorway

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman In The Kitchen Doorway

 

The last time I wrote I was 19 years old. I wrote about a little girl who we felt was present in our home. Giggling Little Girl (editor provided links: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=16011) and Giggling Little Girl, Not So Giggly Anymore (http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=16111) are the two stories I wrote back in 2012 under my old name, which I don't remember the info to anymore. Marypatricia is the name it is under if you want to go check it out. This may be a little long because we have had a few experiences.

Okay so since then a few things have happened. And here is the first thing. My brother-in-law fell asleep on the couch one night while watching a movie. He was awoken by a noise coming from the kitchen. He quickly turned around to turn the light on, and bam in the kitchen doorway he saw an old woman standing there floating off the floor. He was very freaked out by this experience and was for about a year. He said she was wearing a green dress with long black hair. He did not recognize her. After this experience we would hear just weird noises and footsteps and then it slowed down and basically stopped. After that... Things started up again.

Since the last I wrote in 2012, my father-in-law has passed away. We miss him very much and feel his presence here VERY often.

A few times we have heard footsteps coming from his room while we are all downstairs. Things have been moved around. One time while my fiance was sitting in his dad's room after he passed, a picture that was hanging on the wall, lifted off the wall and fell to the floor. Also in the same day a magazine sitting on my mother-in-law's table was lifted in the air and dropped. She couldn't believe her eyes when she saw this happen. It was very mind blowing and unexplainable.

There was also a few times in the middle of the night, 3-4 am, that we would all hear our dog barking uncontrollably. We would come make sure everything was okay and he would stand in the living room, barking badly towards the kitchen doorway. Now many things we have heard and sometimes seen have been from the kitchen. He would do it almost every night for a few months and then it finally stopped.

And another experience we have had was we recorded a video of my fiance. He heard footsteps coming from his father's room. So we set the phone to record and he called up the steps to the room just by saying "Dad?" And when going back through the video we were completely shocked and very creeped out at what we heard! We heard a voice yelling from upstairs saying, "He's sleeping!" This was about 3 months after he passed. NO ONE WAS UPSTAIRS AT THE TIME, and until this day thinking about that gives us all the chills.

About 2 weeks ago I was sitting on the couch watching TV. Now the kitchen always have creeped me out for the simple fact that MANY of the noises and experiences coming from there. I was watching TV and I looked over to the doorway after hearing what sounded like footsteps coming from the kitchen and I could not believe my eyes! There was a man standing there with glasses and black hair. I knew he had glasses because we have a mirror on the opposite wall of the TV and I saw the glare from the TV in the glasses. I was frozen, couldn't move, couldn't speak. I looked away and looked back and whoever it was, was gone. My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. It was one of the most terrifying experiences for me and I am not sure why.

And lastly, about a week ago, my fiance, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, and I went on vacation with my sister-in-law, her husband, and her kids. My other brother-in-law had work and could not come so he stayed here to watch the dogs and go to work. The first night he slept on the couch and said he kept hearing weird noises and sounds. The second night he slept in his mom's room while she was gone. He said he closed his eyes to go to sleep and heard a noise and when he opened his eyes he says he saw his dad, who passed, sitting in his recliner chair. Now my brother-in-law is a skeptic. He said this freaked him out!

Sorry for the couple different stories just wanted to see what some of you thought! Thanks for reading!:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Marypatricia_Elizabeth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
Hey Mary, you can upload it to youtube if you want and just paste the link in the comments. Hope that works for you.
Marypatricia_Elizabeth (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
Hey Tweed!

Yes I am aware that these things aren't as bad as other stories I see on here. There have been a few figures/things that manifest around here. The voices and noises are just plain creepy sometimes. Yes the dog does bark at people he does not know, and that's the thing that freaks us out. Why is there a person/thing we don't know? I am not sure about the kitchen or what is the reasoning that the kitchen is very active. There are a few things that have happened after I submitted this story as well. Things seem to be picking up a lot again. There are many things that are starting to happen again after things cooled down a bit. I would love to upload the video! But can you tell me how? I am not sure how to do that.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
I forgot, any chance you could upload the recording of the voices?

By the way I feel that ghosts need to sleep so the voice's reply was probably truthful.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
Hi Mary,

What you've described, apart from scaring living people and animals, doesn't sound bad.

I'm wondering if the dog barking at the kitchen was merely barking because he/she didn't recognise that the woman in the green, (if it was her the dog was barking at), or otherwise an unknown person to the dog. Animals are a great gauge when it comes to sussing a ghosts intentions. But we must understand and take into account that any dog is likely to bark at someone he/she doesn't know.

Obviously there's a stack load of manifestations going on and I'd love to know why. Especially where skeptics are concerned. So I'm curious to know if there's anything unique about this area or the home that would make it easier for these ghosts to manifest. I have no clue as to what that might be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: