You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow In My Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow In My Bathroom

 

This happened to me literally right now (2am). I live in a two story unit/townhouse/apartment. Upstairs is my two bedrooms (the master bedroom has a veranda off of it) and my bathroom. Downstairs is my lounge room and kitchen. Outside in my court yard, I have an outside laundry and my clothesline screwed to the wall.

My bathroom has an all in one shower/bath and above that is my bathroom window which looks out over my clothes line and court yard.

I was downstairs hanging my washing out. As I looked up at my clothes line, I saw a shadow go past my bathroom window.

Immediately, I came back inside to check to make sure someone hadn't gotten in through my veranda door as I have recently been broken into this way while I was away on holidays. My kitten was sitting inside my back door, looking towards my lounge room (the stairs to go upstairs run off my lounge room). She was acting strange as she usually lays on the lounge while I go outside to hang the washing out. It's not like her to sit inside the back door like she did.

I slowly walked up the stairs, which look straight into my bathroom, NOTHING, I then opened the spare room door, NOTHING, check my bedroom, STILL NOTHING.

This is not the first time I have seen and heard things in this unit since moving in. Only last night, while lying in bed reading my book I smelt a foul smell, like rotting flesh. It came through my bedroom door (which is right beside my bed) and headed towards my veranda and then disappeared. I have heard voices, music, chanting but can never make out what is being said.

Before I went away on holidays, every single night I would hear an elderly aboriginal woman singing and talking, but could never make out what was being said. I learnt to ignore it as it was happening so frequently. But since coming home, so far, I have not heard this, just smelt this horrific smell.

My kitten was carrying on last night as well. While using the bathroom, she was outside the bathroom door, arching her back, running towards the top of the stairs then back to the bathroom door.

Thanks for reading. I hope I get some nice feedback.

Sincerely

Paranormal Mum

P.S while writing this, my kitten has started running from my kitchen to my lounge room with her back arched, tail all fizzed up like she is being chased.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Paranormal_mum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Paranormal_mum (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
please forgive me for not replying. I've been dealing with a lot of personal issues
To answer some of your questions.
Yes I do have aboriginal heritage and am surrounded by aboriginal people.
I've finally stared spending time out of my room tonight. Still seeing things around my house but nothing to bad.
A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-10)
Paranormal_Mum
Do you have an Aboriginal background? Or an Aboriginal friend/s? Or an Aboriginal neighbor? That could explain the elderly women's voice, because usually they are very protective and they like looking out for their kin.

I don't think this experience is a haunting maybe your house is a doorway for such things, because there is no link between all these experiences.

WiniPu4 has mentioned Rook's cleansing and shielding method, which you could use to help with the nightmares.
Gothic4Spinks (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
I see. How can you live like that be scared and to afraid to leave your room? ❤ ❤ ❤ Let me know if anything else happens
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Paranormal_mum
Have you asked your neighbors if they have any strange thins happen to them? I'm assuming the town homes are attached. Is your home built over or near a cemetery? These record should be in the local town hall or Magistrates office. Just a thought...
Regards
Red
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Hello:

Have you tried doing a house blessing/shielding yourself (aside from the one done by your friend)?
There is a member here named Rookdygin that has a generic cleansing/shielding method that many here use regularly and attest to. It is detailed on his profile under "About me":

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Shieldings/cleansings should be performed periodically if there is activity you are not comfortable with. If there is something particularly resistant, you may have to do several in a shorter time frame in order for the shielding to "take". After you feel it has been effective, then you can determine how often is necessary. Some folks do them once a month, some every few months, while others just once a year.
Rook's is not religion specific, but if you are of a particular faith then I'm sure you can find one online that is in accordance with your beliefs.
I pray regularly over my home & loved ones and still have plenty of good, helpful activity around. For me, it serves as a type of spiritual filter to ensure that I am not exposed to anything that I am not comfortable with.

Kind Regards,
Lynev
Paranormal_mum (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
So I just had an item thrown at me as I was walking down stairs to make a cuppa. Can't upload a picture or a new story 😕
The disturbing part? The item that was thrown at me, I chucked out like a year ago. It was a small piece of coral my kids and I collected from the beach a few years back that sat on my window sill in my old house until I moved, then I cleaned up and chucked it when I moved. I sat on the step two in front of Where it landed to pick it up. When I turned to look at my kitten. She was looking directly at the bathroom. Clearly whatever is here has followed me
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Paranormal_mum - which is how my cat earned his nickname LOL Except he never really was the cuddle me type. From the time we got him he was a menace, but I wouldn't have him any other way.

One thing I didn't mention, and should have, is keep a record of things. If your kitten is acting strangely to you, write/type it down, along with whatever is going on in your home at that moment. This goes for things you experience as well. Dates, times, weather play an important part in our paranormal lives. Maybe this can help you determine if there is something non-living in your home, or if your kitten is just being a kitten 😊

Also, I saw your comment about being stalked and by the time I got home forgot I wanted to mention it. Yes, it is terrifying and the fear never really goes away. The fact that it was/is someone who knows you, in my opinion, makes it even worse. They know what buttons to push to make you think you're insane and the fear that instills is horrible. Not even mentioning worrying about your safety. I just didn't want you to think I had just breezed right over that like it wasn't important.
Paranormal_mum (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
I don't sleep much at night due to a fear of the dark and bad nightmares, you may be right about my kitten. She is only young and I have only had her a week. Shiat is a skitzo. One minute she is sucking up and all purring and stuff, the next she is trying to chew my hand off.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Paranormal_mum - I meant to mention this yesterday but got busy. As far as your kitten's antics, I wouldn't put it all toward something paranormal.

Granted, I don't know your kitten and I'm not there to see how it acts but I do know kittens/cats. I've had over 30 in my adult life so I'm used to the crazy way they act. In my experiences with the felines, most kittens (mine at least) will run through the house acting as if they are being chased when there is absolutely no one there. And they hunch their backs, turn tail and flee. I actually think they are the funnest things to watch because I never know what they're going to do next. My cat (affectionately, and notsomuch) known as The Demon Cat From Hell turned 5 a few weeks ago. Rex still flies across rooms, skids on the flooring, does a 180 and goes back to where he started.

I do realize just because we don't see something doesn't mean the kittens don't. Whole 'nother thought-provoking conversation LOL
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
I have hung clothes on the line at 2:00am. Yep, middle aged insomnia sucks big time. 😆 😆

Hecate
Paranormal_mum (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
That's correct. Couldn't sleep so decided to do some washing
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
Para_mum: Were you hanging laundry on the clothes line at 2 am, saw the shadow and then wrote this story?
WOW! -you are a wonder-woman!

Welcome to YGS.
Paranormal_mum (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
I have been stalked, I no what it feels like. I know what it feels like to feel helpless and unprotected. My ex use to break into my old house and mess things up and move things around while I wasn't home after we split. So I no how to keep my stuff private. No one should ever expect anyone to give out their addresses or phone numbers on sites like this. If anyone did ask me, I would be very sus and report it straight away.
I have enough unwanted visitors coming and going from my house (of the spirit kind) I really don't want anymore thank you very much lol.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
Paranormal_mum - you would not believe the people who put exact address (and sometimes phone numbers) in their stories and/or comments. We try our best to prevent people from doing that, even deleting that information from their stories. In the comments section, though, we end up having to delete the comment.

I am very glad to hear you are not someone who wants every stalker coming to your house 😆
Paranormal_mum (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
Thanks miracel51031. Never would I divulge my personal details via the internet to someone I don't even no, I should of also added that I'm currently in Australia, but that's about as much as I'm willing to say. Thanks 😁 😁 😁
Paranormal_mum (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
where is this taking place? Mainly in the upstairs part of my house and mainly in my bedroom
What other things do I see? A lot of "out of the corner of my eye" type things, a lot of shadows. Things moving around where things should not be moving. I also hear a lot of things. Whispers,talking, bangs and clangs.
Do I feel safe in the apartment? I do now. But I haven't always felt safe here. When I first moved in here about a year ago, I spent the first week or so sleeping in the lounge room. I use to see small bat shaped... Things flying around under and around my stair case, they were only ever visible when the lights were off. Where people usually see white balls of light or "orbs" I have seen black ones in this unit.
The scariest thing I have ever seen here was happening for the first few month after I loved in and eventually got the courage to move from the lounge room to my bedroom. There was this human form, but down on all fours dressed in all black from head to toe (like one of those gimp suits the bondage people use). It use to crawl part way up my stairs and watch me in the shower or while I was on the toilet. It got so bad that I was to scared to sleep with my bedroom lights off because, with the lights off, I would have terrifying nightmares, waking up in a cold sweat, cry, hoarse throat from screaming in my sleep (well I'm assuming I was screaming in my sleep) and to scared to leave my room at night or even shower at night.
I had a friend who claimed to be a witch. She came out and did some kind of spell or something in my house and banished all evil and the black thing went away. But I still feel evil her sometimes.
Some nights are worse then others, some nights I'm fine, I feel no fear or anything. Some nights I feel like I'm being watched and/or followed around my own house.
Recently my nightmares have come back to
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
Gothic4Spinks (and Paranormal_mum) - we strongly discourage divulging the address where an experience has taken place. Especially when there is someone living there, as is the case here.
Gothic4Spinks (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
Where is this taking place? What other things did you see? And... Do you feel safe in the apartment?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: